Temple of the Jedi Force : Mandalorian and the Jedi Order [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
lightsaber sketch #3

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
from an old black book ;)

Friends and Family
Me

Do you know ?
That you can have a custom avatar?

Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Mandalorian and the Jedi Order
Master
From Scotland
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
looking around the board today i saw something that confused the hell out of me now this is in no way an attack on anyone,
but i have to Ask Jim and the other council members what the Mandalorian's have to do with the Jedi order the Mando's as far as i could tell were enemy's of the Jedi order at one point (fictional reference, now im a big fan of just about every facet of including the Mando's, Sith, the Bounty hunters guild, hell i even like some of the imperial stuff, but this is a Jedi Temple not a bag of allsorts this is a Temple of the Jedi so there for i just dont understand why there is a Mandalorian rank, who came up with it.

again i point out I'm not having a go at anyone i just want to understand why there is a Mandalorian rank at a Jedi temple

thanks Kell Dor (Alex)

Posted on: 2007/11/23 3:45
Nassik Dabak

Knighted December 6, 2008

Aprentice's

SecretSquirrel aka Kana-Seiko Haruki

The Force is always with me. I am a Jedi.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Mandalorian and the Jedi Order
Jedi Initiate
Group:
Registered Users
Why not?

But I agree to some confusion - and mostly a lack of knowledge on the subject. (I'm not big into the newer fiction or games.)

Do the Mandolorians have "teachings" or "codes" or similar - and if so - I would like to learn them.

There are some who I have always thought were "left out" of the Jedi Community for their physically agressive philosophies. But even within this - there is philosophy.

Frankly - with how many soldiers join the Jedi Community I'm not sure the Jedi ideals always assist them as much as those 'who have been through it' could?

TOTJF is the only Jedi Site where I've seen Mandolorians. I personally am very supportive of diversity - and as one who is now training here as a pre-apprentice feel the variety of philosophies should be known?

I too would like to know more!

- Asta Sophi

Posted on: 2007/11/23 10:37

Master
From Scotland
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Ok Asta quick lesson on the Mandalorians, they are a blood thirsty race from the outer regions of space, they were originally the first sons of Curiscant but left for some reason or other (cant remember of the top of my head) they had a big assed war with the Ancient republic (Just before KOTOR) and the rise of the Sith after Revan's defection and subsequent fall to the dark side, after that the Mandalorian tribes were broken and fractured some went back to there home planets in the outer rimm many became bounty hunters (of witch Boba Fett in the last of. if this is npt enough information for u Asta then i suggest u spend some time looking at the wookipeedia

starting here is usually a good place to start enjoy

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Jedi_Order

and here for mando's

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorians

u speak of acceptance of a thing you dont understand or know that is wrong of you, I give u the knowledge so u can form a correct opinion, your blind nievity is some what amusing Asta if not one of your biggest flaws MTFBWY on your Path to true enlightenment

Posted on: 2007/11/23 11:01
Nassik Dabak

Knighted December 6, 2008

Aprentice's

SecretSquirrel aka Kana-Seiko Haruki

The Force is always with me. I am a Jedi.

Jedi Initiate
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Kell Dor! I enjoyed reading about the Mandalorians.

But - it sounds like they have undergone many changes! I would never pre-judge anyone by the "myth" behind them?

Also - these are the Mandalorians of fiction. As we both know - those who follow Mandalorians and even Sith philosophies within the Jedi Community do so within the context of living their philosophies in daily life.

Just we who walk the Jedi Path? (We as Jedi are not brought up as "chosen" as toddlers and brought-up by the Jedi and trained in a temple...etc., etc., etc.).

Interesting conversation!

Posted on: 2007/11/23 11:20

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Jedism embraces many religions and belief systems. Within every system there are positives which we may learn from. The Mandalorian's here come in friendship and so we accept them in friendship.

On that note maybe someone could start a Mandalore site? I enjoyed them in the game.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 21:13

Master (USA)
From South of the Mason Dixon
Group:
Registered Users
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
OKAY. I have a few questions before I entertain your inquiries. I mean no disrespect when I ask these questions, although it MAY come off as kind of JACKED UP...

1 - When/if you meet someone who claims to be a Sith, do you assume that he/she can shoot lightning from their fingertips?

2 - When you speak to other Jedi, do you automatically assume that they were taken from their home as an infant and trained to be a Jedi?

3 - Do you assume that I, Jim, am on a bloodthirsty tirade to conquer the galaxy?

If you answer YES to any of the above questions, then you need years of therapy ... and a girlfriend.

Months ago, I asked someone (Sam, I think) who had the ability to change rank, to change my rank to MANDALORIAN because I felt that I had not officially earned a title such as MASTER. Then again, I currently feel that ALL titles are bogus ... but that's another thread.

The reason behind it ... I can relate to Mandalorians. They look cool, they have neat weapons, and they pwn everything. But it's FICTION! I would love to base my lifestyle on the warrior ethos of the Mandalorians, but that would not be possible to do in the reality that we live in. I would spend a great deal of time in prison if I did so.

YES ... I consider myself a true-life Mando'ade. I'm a warrior. I've lived through things that most people couldn't deal with. I've slept in places that most people wouldn't step foot in. I've fought, and survived, and I take no crap from anyone. You may have noticed ...

I am not the ENEMY of the Jedi. I don't relate any of my life to the histories of the Star Wars galaxy. BECAUSE THAT STUFF NEVER HAPPENED!

My enemies from before my ... TRANSFORMATION (for lack of a better word) have either met their demise, or fate has dealt them the proper hand. They didn't meet their demise because anything I did. They just had it coming from somewhere else. Did they deserve it? NO. But I'm not shedding any tears. The others are in jail, or living on the streets.

Nowadays, I have no enemies. At least, no PERSONAL enemies. I don't hate anyone. It's unhealthy to hate. It eats the soul. And that's not Jediism talking... that's experience talking. I was once the angriest man on two legs. I hated EVERYBODY. I almost let my anger destroy my career.

I'm Mando'ade because ... I'm a warrior. I serve in the US Armed Forces. I'm a vet. Been there, done that.

I'm Mando'ade because ... I'm a nomad. Military folks are always on the move.

I'm Mando'ade because ... I'm loyal to my brothers and sisters. Standing with me means that you will be taken care of. (Call a brother, Bridge)

I'm Madno'ade because ... if you're worthy of it, I'll show you respect. If you're not worthy, don't try and demand it from me ... I'll break your freakin' head!

I'm Mando'ade because ... I look GREAT in a Boba or Jango style helmet.

It's something I identify with ... simple as that. I believe in most facets of what a Jedi is supposed to be. I am also a realist, and no that human beings are not perfect, so some goals that Jedi-hopefuls make are quite lofty. You gotta start slow.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 23:41

Master (USA)
Group:
Registered Users
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Quote:

Octagon wrote:
Jedism embraces many religions and belief systems. Within every system there are positives which we may learn from. The Mandalorian's here come in friendship and so we accept them in friendship.

On that note maybe someone could start a Mandalore site? I enjoyed them in the game.

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT!!!!!!!!!

www.mandoland.forumwise.com

Posted on: 2007/11/23 23:46

Master (USA)
Group:
Registered Users
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Oh ... Mandalorian wives buy their husbands Acuras for Christmas! Mine did, anyway. A 2002 Acura RSX. I'm a happy camper!

Posted on: 2007/11/24 0:19

Master (USA)
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
I have the avatar of a Mandalorian for many of the reasons Jim already stated. I can identify with many of the mando traits.

Am I am an enemy of Jedi?? NO I am a Mandalorian Jedi. I believe in the warrior code. Although I am not a true warrior myself I do believe in it. Jedi in my opinion are peaceful warriors. After all the lightsaber is first and foremost a Weapon.

I will fight for other Jedi

I will fight with other Jedi, in something I believe in

I will fight anyone, reagrdless of rank

I will fight anyone....

Serving 8 years in the military taught me a lot....and standing up for others and myself when I need to, is the foremost thing in my mind.

Posted on: 2007/11/24 5:14

Master
From Nor Cal
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Generous Donors
Policy Review / Revission Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
I too am a Mandalorian Jedi...and always will be.

Sterotypes are not a a good thing Kell. You know this brother.

We fight, we are loyal, we are Jedi, and we are Mandalorian!!

Look at the reasons above...now you have the answers.

MTLFBWY

Gavin

Posted on: 2007/11/24 5:40

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.