Temple of the Jedi Force : Perhaps a while off, but lets have at it again.... [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
MASTER AND APPRENTICE

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
lightsaber sketch #1

Friends and Family
jedi5.jpg

Do you know ?
we will honor your training and rank if you come to the Temple of the Jedi Force from another Jedi organization?

Who's Online
29 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 29

more...

New Members Welcome!
Cosmic_Jedi 2019/12/5
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Perhaps a while off, but lets have at it again....
Master (USA)
Group:
Registered Users
Masters
Apprentice
Knight
A physical temple has been the dream of countless Jedi. A place where we could interact with one another on a new level, a place for those who seek to find, a home for all those who wish it to be, and a place to host events for the greater Jedi Community with ease and privacy.

This thread of course will be mostly theoretical, and as far as I'm concerned the door is wide open to all manners of insight. While I am more of the inclination to propose existing technologies and services, you may wish to go the way of the ultra conservative, or ultra flamboyant.

Point: There is no limit here, and this thread can continue as long as it has to. My hope is that we can refer to it on the day we all realize that our home can be built.

The Force IS with us.

I submit one of the leading ideas that I have researched, and I am sure you will understand the various reasons why when you view the website. I will be adding the site link permanently to wherever I can for future reference.

Let the ideas flow from all - all are welcome to join in this mind exercise!!

JYN

Posted on: 2008/3/2 19:16

Re: Perhaps a while off, but lets have at it again....
Master (USA)
Group:
Registered Users
Masters
Apprentice
Knight

Posted on: 2008/3/2 19:18

Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
So can I throw sod on top for thermal pack and make it look like a hobbit hole? LOL But really anything that has the potential to get someone off the grid is very welcome by me. The homes look nice seem to be very efficient. I wonder if you could combine eco-home technology with this design. I don't see why not. I'm going to look in to that.

Posted on: 2008/3/3 8:51

Honorary Master
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Hi Master Jyn,

This is the best I can do right now for moderating.

This topic should be sent as a suggestion to the Council for possible inclusion in the goals of the Temple.

Would you mind starting a post in the admin area, with a suggestion as to what you'd like the Council to do for you on this goal of yours?

Pretty please with sugar on top, see you in chat soon.

KC

Posted on: 2008/3/3 16:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master (USA)
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
KC I think you missed the point of Master Jyn's post.

He wasn't submitting anything to be voted on, but rather a thread for people to come up with ideas of a physical temple, we have smart/brillant people here.

I believe he just wants to see/hear their ideas.

He included the link as a starting point, an idea he found interesting.

But then I could be way off base, been known to happen a time or 2

Posted on: 2008/3/4 22:29

Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
As far as design goes, I have always pictured our temple as a stepped(sp?) pyramid. Basically a scaled down version of the Coruscant temple.

As far as making our dream a reality, we would need mega funding. I propose that we form a pnysical temple commitee or something. This is of course, provided others are interested, and the council is approving. I have many ideas as far as design and funding, and would very much enjoy discussing them with others, so that we may further the jedi, and all others. Who's with me?

Posted on: 2008/3/7 20:06

Master (USA)
Group:
Registered Users
Masters
Apprentice
Knight
All options should be, in my opinion, on the table. Why limit ones self in such an endeavor, when the self is by nature without limits or boundaries.

I of course like many I am sure, see the Temple proper being like the Temple on Corascant - but chose the alternative merely on the basis of energy effective architecture. A great way to show the world in silence a new path towards peace with our planet. Earth is the mother of us all, and the Jedi show her respect by taking as little as they can, and preserving as much as they can. When we transform, we give our bodies back. After all they were only on loan, and therefore go back to whence the came.

While I do believe a temple committee is a bit premature at this point, with more pressing priorities to consider, there are no thought police to stifle our minds here. Let the force flow. We can use this thread to keep this idea alive, to remember we have many goals, and this is indeed a long range one.

Master KC, I dont think the council really needs to consider this just yet, as this is just a discussion, and I would never wish to bring such an idea before the council without MUCH research, and a very well thought out and thorough proposal. That way instead of constantly being updated to its status, getting the priorities shifted into a premature direction, and having another committee to monitor, the council can focus on the more important issues we have facing all of us.

I was a contractor for quite a number of years, and in that world that is the way you do it. You dont submit proposals before you walk the job to see whats involved, and we don't completely know whats here just yet. But with hope, and hard work....we will someday.

And yes Merin we can make a Hobbit bungalow for you....as long as we can dye you green.....

Posted on: 2008/3/7 22:01

Master
From Neillsville, WI
Group:
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Since we're brainstorming here...
I have a proposed set-up that uses the multiple dome system. In one dome, we should have living quarters for Jedi and their families. This will also include an entertainment room, a cafeteria, storage and other necessities. In a second dome, we should have a meditation room...kinda like a Room of a Thousand Fountains. I can only imagine how peaceful and relaxing that would be. This room will also be built with natural lighting and skylights so that the sun may shimmer off the water of all the fountains. Of course one dome will be devoted to physical training with an open space for practicing martial arts and swordmanship, and rooms for cardio and weight training. In a fourth dome, devotion to higher learning will be present. This will be a series of classrooms, a small library, a computer lab, etc. The fifth and largest dome will be our main hall. This will be used for greeting newcomers and visitors, house offices for administrators and also have meeting rooms, one specially for the Council. Now, for the outdoors...I would like us to place this this Temple in a lightly wooded area so that we may do hikes and meditations with nature...maybe a nice scream nearby and some open areas for training out of doors.

Well, that's my idea for a basic Temple setup.

MTFBWY,
Jedi Grayson Dark

Posted on: 2008/3/7 23:51

Apprentices:
Dina Gamal
Daloch
Glover
Dropped:
Lea
Max

Master (USA)
Group:
Registered Users
Masters
Apprentice
Knight
whoa whoa....back that up.

Now I have heard a lot of those suggestions before Grayson...but I can't believe what i just read. Again the force speaks.

"Room of a Thousand Fountains"

That is sheer brilliance.....and I seriously cant get the image out of my mind!

Posted on: 2008/3/8 9:50

Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Hey I was wondering whom deleted my post and why?

Posted on: 2008/3/8 10:17

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]