Temple of the Jedi Force : Joseph Campbell - Mythos Lectures [Message Boards - Jedi Initiate Resources (Explore here first)]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
THE JEDI PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
My Hilt

Friends and Family
Marcus and Dad

Do you know ?
What is the 10th teaching of all Jedi?

Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Joseph Campbell - Mythos Lectures
Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
The Joseph Campbell Mythos Video Lectures are now back online in our Study Downloads section. You can go straight to the Mythos page by clicking here.

Journey with the remarkable Joseph Campbell as he explores how myths evolve to reflect changing beliefs about nature, God, and life to his explanation of the shaping of Eastern tradition by examining spirituality through the mythic images of Hinduism and Buddhism. 560 minutes.

Mythos presents the great educator Joseph Campbell's vision of humankind's "One Great Story." Since time immemorial, humans have been passing "life's lessons" from generation to generation through their particular society's theology and folklore, or mythologies. According to Campbell, by examining the world's diverse mythologies you will find therein universal themes that are applicable and speak directly to all humankind. In Mythos, Campbell dissects a wide range of the world's mythologies, particularly Hinduism and Buddhism. Rather than pointing out their superficial differences, he accentuates and embraces their similarities. It doesn't matter whether the myths are Greek, Indian, Egyptian, Native American, Judeo-Christian, or Arthurian in origin. Campbell explains it is their intrinsic themes that share a commonality: the trials of the hero, the cycle of life, death, and rebirth, the path to enlightenment, love, struggle, sacrifice, etc.
Narrated by Susan Sarandon, Mythos is Campbell's final work captured on tape while on an academic lecture circuit in the last years of his life. Campbell looks lively and wonderfully at ease in the familiar classroom setting discussing his life's passion. Those enchanted by what The Power of Myth introduced will be deeply satisfied with the epic, academic content of Mythos.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 1:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Joseph Campbell - Mythos Lectures
Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Thanks for this Todd. I lost these when my last hard drive crashed and now I have em' again!! Thanks a bunch.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 12:18

Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Incidentally, the Power of Myth videos are there also. I didn't mention those because they've been online for some time.

Please, if you download something and have problems ... like the file is corrupt, please let me know. Or if you find any broken links, need to know that too.

Thanks,
--admin

Posted on: 2008/3/7 1:15

Master (USA)
From Lincolnton, NC
Group:
Registered Users
Masters
Apprentice
Knight
I remember watching these and having to do "papers" on them. I dont think I remember a time where I learned so much, nor do I remember a time where I enjoyed it half as much.

Posted on: 2008/3/10 19:52

Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I can download them but can't seem to get them to play on my Mac. I have the latest version of quicktime so if anyone can lend me a hand here that would be great.

Posted on: 2008/3/10 20:28

Knight
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
you could try downloading a video format convertor, ie change the AVI format to something else mac can handle... there are a few around, the better ones ned hard cash to use im affraid

or copy them all to a dvd n watch em on a proper computer

Posted on: 2008/4/1 23:50

Knight
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
i forgot to suggest trying to find a mac version of divx on

www.divx.com

Posted on: 2008/4/2 8:21