Temple of the Jedi Force : Thoughts from Old Salt... [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
My Fiance and our dog Chewie!!!

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Keyan's Crystal Chamber Progress

Friends and Family
The littlest Darth

Do you know ?
What is the 5th teaching of all Jedi?

Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Thoughts from Old Salt...
Master (USA)
From South of the Mason Dixon
Group:
Registered Users
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
arrogance - Although I believe that I am the shiznit, I don't think that's arrogance, that's just FACT. (OK, I'm screwed here)

greed - Of this, I am clear. Money DOES NOT mean happiness.

immaturity - Guilty

lack of compassion - For whom?

the inability to see things from others' point of view - I'm good here.

stubborness - I'm not stubborn! Even though I'm the Red Foreman of my family.

sarcasm - I'm guilty as sin here! LOL

recklessness - I think I'm good here too.

shamelessness - Does farting in public count?

corruption - I'm too self-righteous to be corrupt.

inhumanity - I'm clear here.

evil towards others - Define "others."

selfishness - Not guilty.

excessive pride - Damn. I've got alot to be proud of.

disdain - Again ... for whom?

dishonesty - They don't call me "Brutal Truth" for nothin'...

OK, so I'm 10 for 16 on these. Does that mean I fail?

I like this. Honest self-assessment is important.

Posted on: 2010/6/23 23:12

Master (USA)
From South of the Mason Dixon
Group:
Registered Users
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
By the way ... we can't lose SARCASM. I'm identified by my wit. It's all that I have!

Posted on: 2010/6/23 23:16

Jedi Sentinel
From Parachute, Colorado
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Webmasters
arrogance - Not that I am aware of
greed - I give money away like a cold, even though I can't afford it
immaturity - On occassion but it is healthy
lack of compassion - Only for those who are so stupid it is a waste of effort
the inability to see things from others' point of view - I have no trouble with this
stubborness - Only when I am right and others are wrong and refuse to admit it
sarcasm - Yes I am and it is all good (see above)
recklessness - Nope I look at things from every angle then act
shamelessness - Not sure about this one, being shameless is a good thing right?
corruption - Not corrupt at all
inhumanity - Define this please so I can be clear of your pov, because sometimes I have no emotion towards others....
evil towards others - Define "evil"
selfishness - Yeah I am not guilty of this in a major way
excessive pride - it's not excessive, I don't think I show pride at all
disdain - Only for those who deserve it
dishonesty - Only when it is necessary

*bows*

Posted on: 2010/6/23 23:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From Nebraska
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Webmasters
Masters
i actually had to give this much thought i dont see these as being perishable skills but rather the basics of self that we should explore and learn to moderate...

arrogance- can be important it although sometimes intimidating to others can show pride in self and knowing who you are

greed- we cant always give everything away we have to hold on to something so we are able to give more later

immaturity- just another of showing we are not that different from every one else it is important to cut loose every now and then

lack of compassion- this is a biggie while we strive to be compassionate there are aspects of the self such as personal beliefs that wont allow us to be compassionate on some things .. sometimes lack of compassion can be helpfull as if to say " no that is not ok and it doesnt mater the reason"

the inability to see things from others' point of view-
try as we may we can never truly see things the way others percieve them we can however respect how things are seen..

stubborness- sometimes it is good to be unyielding just because everyone else may abandon hope does not mean the hope is not still there..

sarcasm- sometimes is the only to get a point across

recklessness- to err is human sometimes you have to take a chance

shamelessness- the art of knowing you messed up but its ok cause your not the only person on earth that ever messes up

corruption- can be a strong defense mechanism

inhumanity- some times is required for self preservation

evil towards others- i dont realy buy into the whole evil bit but somtimes our intentions can be harmful to others it is important to understand that some time we have to make choices that will harm others in some form..

selfishness- falls back to greed..

excessive pride- can pride be excessive?

disdain- just another way of knowin somthing is a burden but some burdens are not avoidable

dishonesty- is not always harmfull and sometimes a necessity try as we may to be perfect the thing is we often time even lie to ourselves and sometimes that is enough to get us through..

Posted on: 2010/6/25 3:04

Apprentice
From Wisconsin
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Let see here:

Arrogance: I don't see this an an issue, I often think of myself inferior to others. I am working oon this. :)

GREED: I am single mother of 2 girls...I never have money and everything I have,I have worked hard for. So this is not an issue for me.

IMMATURITY: Yes of course. But then again who isn't sometimes. Gotta have a little fun in life.

LACK OF COMPASSION: Hmmmm....I think everyone is guilty of this at one point or another.

INABILITY TO SEE THINGS FROM OTHERS POINT OF VIEW: There are times where I am guilty of this, yes.

STUBBORNESS: Yes I am! But that is what has gotten me this far. So damn stubborn I won't give up and I keep going. Some once told me "Life may keep throwing me lemons but I always seemed to find sugar and make some lemonade."

SARCASM: Everyone does this, sometimes in good fun and sometimes to get a point across.

RECKLESSNESS: As Tempest said, you gotta take chances sometimes, this is how life moves on. But At the same I have to think bout it first, I have 2 kids that depend on me and I need to be here always for them.

SHAMELESS: To be able to admit you are wrong or that you have screwed up...I will take blame if I screwed up or was wrong.

CORRUPTION: Ummmm...let me think about this one....huh....j/k. No I am not corrupted. But this can be viewed in several different ways.

INHUMANITY: I have big heart for my family and friends, And I can't watch as others suffer or are hurting. I try to be comforting voice for those who are hurting or who have been wronged.

EVIL TOWARDS OTHERS: I am with Maste Scythe on this one; define "evil"?

SELFINESS: This is not an option for me. I don't have time for this one. If anything I should take better care of myself.

EXCESSIVE PRIDE: I see two different points on this one; 1) Showing pride....I love my girls and love to tell people of the great or funny things they have said or done. This I do often.
2) Having pride: I have this bad...I have alot of pride and sometimes hate to admit that I am wrong or that I need help, working on both.
You have to have a little pride in yourself or your loves one but not to the point where You seem as though you are bragging or trying to show off.

DISDAIN: Huh....yeah towards those who deserve it but then again I try to be nice, "kill 'em with kindness". LOL :)

DISHONESTY: I have been through alot, I don't like lies and I don't like games. So I in turn try to be honesty at all times (within reason) and I don't play games.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 8:54

Master
From Planet Earth
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Back to the subject at hand...

ARROGANCE: In my younger years perhaps but in my young adult years that got burned out of my system real quick...

GREED: I've never really had much and the little bit that we did have we took good care of. I don't understand greed it isn't a part of my character...

IMMATURITY: I have been through some things in my years and all these things have shaped and molded the man I am today I have traveled the U.S. on my own and I had a blast, met some interesting characters on the way. My mothers cancer and all that, that entails... My Daughter's birth and the struggle it has been to keep my household running I understand Maturity because an Immature person can't do responsability... I am very responsable

LACK OF COMPASSION: I can understand why people can experience this and I know that I am not guilty of this my life experiences have taught me that I am a compassionate person and this brings me warm feelings...

INABILITY TO SEETHINGS FROM OTHERS' P.O.V: This depends entirely on the type of person you're dealing with. Some people you can understand them and reason with them on their level. While others you can't reason with and you can understand this too... Not all people have this gift and they can't be blamed, they are simply not wired to understand these things... I am not guily of this...

STUBBORNESS: Yes I have been guilty of this... Sometimes I still am but those instances are becoming less and less as I continue to learn more about the way of the force...

Posted on: 2010/6/25 13:00

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]