Temple of the Jedi Force : An Open Letter To Our Lurkers........... [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Helmet progress 2

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Justice Saber

Friends and Family
King Richards Faire '06

Do you know ?
What the 16th teaching of the Jedi is?

Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (10 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 58

more...

New Members Welcome!
MerrillK36 2021/12/7
SidneyNobl 2021/12/6
ThaliaQot 2021/12/5
QuinnSodem 2021/12/4
FinlayBerg 2021/11/29
RobertaEcu 2021/11/29
NolaC07094 2021/11/28
BerylNorth 2021/11/27
SherylB72 2021/11/24
MitchBvx9 2021/11/21

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

An Open Letter To Our Lurkers...........
Ascended Jedi Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Ascended Master Jedi
Hello all,

I’ve noticed as of late that there’s a ton of lurkers around here. I see you. I know your there. What I don’t know is why you just don’t sign up? I’ve seen maybe 5 active members signed in and about 20 lurkers. What gives? If your all here reading and learning, why not join? You don’t have to train as a Jedi, believe in the force, and Vader certainly doesn’t have to be your father. Hell, you don’t even have to like Star Wars. I know I’m not much of a fan. I came here for the philosophy and the fellowship of like minded people.

So it doesn’t cost anything to join. We won’t badger you or hit you over the head with light sabers. We’re not a cult and we don’t want to free you of your engrams, we just want to better understand the myths that make up our view of the world, and collectively create a new, modern myth that applies to this life. It’s a myth, not a truth. We believe in the power of myth and want to apply that power in a positive way.

So now you know about us, now how about we learn about you, the lurkers. Sign up and post your thoughts. Take part in a conversation, or start one of your own. Like I said before, you don’t have to become a Jedi or even practice Jediism in any sense. So to all you lurkers out there, I bid you join us and lurk no more!

Yours in the mystery,
Rev Master Merin Kyo Den

Posted on: 2013/12/11 23:25

Re: An Open Letter To Our Lurkers...........
Knight
From Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
I lurk when I'm at work. I don't trust my password on public computers and the computer I use is shared by coworkers. So that's one lurker accounted for.

Posted on: 2013/12/12 20:51

Ascended Jedi Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Ascended Master Jedi
As we speak there's 4 registered users and 28 guests.

Posted on: 2013/12/12 20:55

Knight
From Clive, IA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
I would also like to add that we also would like to find ways as members of this Temple to better not only ourselves, but the world as a whole. Take a look around you and see everything that is going on. Constant talk in the news about wars, school shootings, bullies, and so much worse.

If we work together to understand these philosophies, and apply them to everyday life, we can improve ourselves, and then use them to improve our world as well. I know I would love to live in a better world right now.

So don't be shy. We don't bite. We don't scream at you. We don't condemn you for doing something wrong or anything like that. We are all friendly and helpful people trying to make a difference in our own way here on this Temple website. You know what you must do now.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 1:21

Give everything except up!
Hakuna Matata

-------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From Planet Earth
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
I must admit I'm guilty of lurking from time to time... There are days when you're lucky if you have a second edge wise to get to at least check the site out.. Meaning the site minus the log-in :/ it is what it is.. I like my phone though for the most part I've done all this with it.. Not bad for a 3G p.o.s..

Posted on: 2013/12/19 16:13

Master
From North Texas
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Generous Donors
Policy Review / Revission Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
I am guilty of lurking a lot...lol.
It's not my fault though, ok it is..lol.
Fine Master I will long in and be a non-lurker. (mostly)

You don't have to be the child of vader? lol...you crack me up Merin, Love you brother

Gav

Posted on: 2013/12/20 19:16

Master (USA)
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Lurk....lukity...lurk...lurk

Posted on: 2013/12/20 19:45

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
bump. Any lurkers out there care to talk about why they prefer to lurk vs participate by at least updating their journals, adding comments to forums, or at least saying hello in shout?

Posted on: 7/15 8:15

Jedi Initiate
Group:
Registered Users
Disciples
Initiates
Mostly because I'm busy elsewhere.

But beyond that... this message board is very clunky and not very inviting to get involved in. The page layout is very busy, cramped, and its hard to find out where conversations are being held.

Example... you can go to 'recent posts', but you can't go *TO* it. You can only read the most recent posts, out of context from the rest of the thread. Other forums, like TotJO, FA, and (soon) Conclave have the layout to assist people to find out where the action is, where they can get involved and discuss things.

I'm sure this current layout works for people that started back in 2013, but its nearly a decade out, and this site is... dated. It could really benefit from being reworked.

EDIT: Nm, seems this place is well over a decade old. When was the last time it was updated?

EDIT 2: Okay, found out there are themes. Fiblue3d seems much better laid out than the default. but points still stand.

Posted on: 7/22 4:22

Apprentice
From Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
Hey Arisaig, as a member who's been here for over 10 years now, I will agree with you that the layout doesn't seem optimised and it's kind of cluttered. I also like to switch to the Fiblue3d theme from time to time. I find it's just cleaner. I still probably mostly use the default (WF_terra) theme because I am used to it.

Posted on: 7/22 5:19

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]