Temple of the Jedi Force : Physical Jedi Temple [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
s621847171_1822509_4425.jpg

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
jedi1.jpg

Do you know ?
That there steps to add movie quality realism to your own Jedi Photos?

Who's Online
44 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 44

more...

New Members Welcome!
Ronen 2020/12/21
SetHeru 2020/12/8
Annanatia 2020/11/17
Espatier 2020/8/23
Svan 2020/7/12
musicy09 2020/6/26
Youroko 2020/6/23
Allada_Skydo 2020/6/23
Sojoy85 2020/6/14
Roth-DelLestin 2020/6/4

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Physical Jedi Temple

From Darlington
Group:
Registered Users
Hello all, new here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I worked with a few Jediism Orders in the past including the CoJ, NJO and a few more i can't remember :P A topic that seemed to come up mostly with new members was a Physical Jedi Temple. Personally I have mixed views on the pros and cons of a physical temple and not sure if it's been asked here before but was wondering on everyone elses thoughts of it.

What would you think if we were able to get funds to build a temple, teach, train, study, meditate etc?

Rash-Fires

Posted on: 2014/4/24 16:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Physical Jedi Temple
Knight
From Houston Tx
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
I believe there has been some discussion on that particular topic, but it didn't really go anywhere. The idea of a physical jedi temple is a beautiful thing, but the lack of available funding seems to be a definite roadblock.

Dina Gamal

Posted on: 2014/4/25 0:25

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
The issue has been brought up a few times in various posts. Feelings on it are some are very for it while others would want it to be more like a church where you go during a certain time frame or periods and then go home. Funding is a major issue yes, but other issues are the community, the environment and most importantly the population. Even though there are thousands of Jedi who study Jediism online we all come from different locations so it would be near impossible to have a temple that would be convenient for everyone. And if every city had one there would need to be a significant amount of people in that city who would want to attend. Many would be skeptical or worried of the criticism they would face. And the population as proven many times in the past do not normally bode well with something new or different.

Posted on: 2014/4/25 7:38

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

"The Force guides me through the Shadows"

Knight
From Canada, BC
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Policy Review / Revission Committee
Apprentice
Registered Users
I work through Unitarian churches to act as 'physical temples'. Why work harder when we can work smarter and use resources already in place in buildings that have already been built? Also lowers the roadblocks to being recognized as an official religion.

Were funding not an issue though, there are two large acreages in Canada (I am Canadian after all) that I would build a small village around a few central buildings. Use it as a spiritual resort of types for those who aren't there as Jedi. A means of bringing in funds as well as allowing for buildings that would not otherwise be allowed if it were a private estate.

So cabins built around a central complex which would hold things like the gym, the library, a couple of rooms to be used for whatever (classrooms, meditation, massage suits...whatever the time calls for), laundry and storage, kitchen, etc. At both acreages have natural hot springs, that would be open to those staying. A jedi 'graveyard' of sorts where Jedi could be buried (in a wall?), grown into trees, or stored as lab created gemstones.

Posted on: 2014/4/26 2:32

Knight
From Houston Tx
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
That sounds wonderful, Harv - if only we had the funding and manpower to make it into a reality...

Posted on: 2014/4/26 4:22

Knight
From Canada, BC
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Policy Review / Revission Committee
Apprentice
Registered Users
Well, I expect to win the lottery any day now. xD

Posted on: 2014/4/26 4:29