Temple of the Jedi Force : 2012 - End of the world? [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
The stone church building

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Rozen's Knight lightsaber

Friends and Family
Baby Leia

Do you know ?
What the 16th teaching of the Jedi is?

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

New Members Welcome!
Cosmic_Jedi 2019/12/5
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: 2012 - End of the world?
Master (USA)
From Modesto, CA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Masters
Support Team
Knight
Knight Marshall
Webmasters
Policy Review / Revission Committee
LOL Jim...I'll bring the chips'n'dip.

Posted on: 2007/11/7 0:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
What you've got to remember this has been predicted for thousands of years... it seams strange that 4-5 different Text's throughout time have all predicted the same event...

these were people highly spirtual in there beliefs not fat office workers worried about their computers because computer nerds thought it funny to scare them with the "Millenium Bug"

Posted on: 2007/11/7 9:35

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
This topic was brought up at another website awhile back. We did an investigation and found the information very interesting. It's also interesting to google end of the world predictions and read about that information.

Here's one web site:
http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm
Library of Date Setters of
The End of the World!!!
Over 200 predictions and counting!

Also:
Sir Isaac Newton predicted the end of the world.
Newtons prediction
From web site:
The world will end in 2060, according to Newton
His famously analytical mind worked out the laws of gravity and unravelled the motion of the planets.
And when it came to predicting the end of the world, Sir Isaac Newton was just as precise.
He believed the Apocalypse would come in 2060 – exactly 1,260 years after the foundation of the Holy Roman Empire, according to a recently published letter.

Posted on: 2007/11/7 14:19

Master (USA)
From Modesto, CA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Masters
Support Team
Knight
Knight Marshall
Webmasters
I'll concede the fact that there was more going on in the ancient world then we currently know...but a prediction, even if given convincing facts, is still just a prediction. You can't really put science to the future because you never know what could happen.

For example, we know the movement of the moon...we can calculate it's place in our sky at any given moment. However, the calcuations can't take into effect the un-imaginable number of random events that could change those calculations (or the number of un-imaginable random events like space invasion). A large enough meteor could knock the moon of course by a fraction of a degree. This fraction, while in the near future would hardly be noticable, but in 50 years, 100 years, more (?) that fraction adds up to a whole number which adds up to even bigger whole numbers. So, while we could use science to tell you where the moon will be in the year 3000, that doesn't necessarily mean it will.

Also, there is no reason to believe that there will be any kind of cataclismic (sp?) event to end all existance. According to popular science (not the magazine), the universe is expanding but it hasn't necesisarily reached a breaking point. ALTHOUGH all the information they collect is old, so there very well may have been something that happened thousands of years ago and will reach us on 2012. But still, however probable, it is highly unlikely.

All that being said...there is something to be said for conspiracy theories and predictions. Some researchers have found correlations between the tomb of the great pyramid at Giza and world events. Some theologians have found ciphers and codices within the bible, the dead sea scrolls and other religious artifacts. Coincidences between certain events and relevant texts pop up everywhere...heck, you can sync up Darkside of the Moon to the Wizard of OZ. The question comes into intent. Did the Mayan's actually set out to predict the end of the world...or was 2012 just a good stopping point for their calendar?

I think the point, though, is that if you look hard enough for something, you are bound to find what you are looking for...even if it requires creative interpretations of the evidence. A good example of this is the child who sees the boogy man at night, only to discover it was only his jacket on a chair. He (she) saw the boogy man because that is what he (she) was looking for...if they were looking for their jacket, they would have found it.

What's the phrase...focus determines reality?

~Chris "Nemo"

p.s. As much as I love argueing the point, understand I also love exploring these possibilities as well. Yes...i do watch these shows on tv and read the artcles online. Heck, Kyp has a wonderful theory on the beginning of the world. I have spent hours pouring over his data, research and theories.

Posted on: 2007/11/7 18:16

Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
This might have already been brought up in this thread ... But, I've heard that Edgar Cacey's predictions also ended in 2012.

Posted on: 2007/11/14 1:30

Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Or was that Nostradamus? Hmm, Maybe both?

Posted on: 2007/11/14 1:35

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I believe that was Nostradamus. Casey predicted a massive shifting of the continents (he said the safest place in the U.S. would be the midwest).

Posted on: 2007/11/14 8:28

Guest_
You know what NEVER ceases to astonish me?

Is that SO many people sat back and worried about when the world was going to END...rather than doing the best with what they HAD, when they HAD it.

All of these *predictors* were from magnificent, BRUTAL in their own individual ways, but nevertheless magnificent cultures.

They made lots of other predictions as well. And yet, no one focuses on them NEAR as much. There, since the dawn of time, has ALWAYS been a MORBID fascination with death, destruction, and the END OF THE WORLD - dah dah dahhhhhhh (dramatic movie music!)

What people SHOULD be worrying about is the state of the world CURRENTLY.

We STILL wage wars against one another. We still tear each other apart over #OOPS# like oil. We are still DUMB enough to BELIEVE that 9/11 was a "terrorist attack", when there is "UNDENIABLE PROOF" that most of the story was a "LIE". We are blind enough to NOT SEE that there were TWO CLEAR VIOALTIONS of the 10th Amendment in TWO Texas towns where the US Army conducted CONSTITUTIONALLY ILLEGAL OPERATIONS in the midst of AMERICAN CITIZENS using LIVE AMMUNITION. What were THEY covering up? After all, it's always easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission! Not in MY USA...

People, we can romanticize all we want. But there IS some DARK stuff coming down, like it or not. Boeing 757s CANNOT fly at LESS than 20ft off the ground at 530mph. It's aeronautically impossible. And they would make a LOT BIGGER hole than 65ft across in the Pentagon. However, a BGM-109 Tomahawk Cruise Missile, TERCOM equipped, would be IDEAL.

Where were the bodies, blood/guts, seats, luggage, glass, superstructure, hell...where was ANY of it? 65 tons of 757 doesn't just disappear. They showed us three pieces of outer skin that had NO CHARRING or BURN MARKS...

Being Jedi DOES NOT EVER mean being BLIND, IGNORANT, APATHETIC, or GULLIBLE.

Knight Steven Rush came here a while back with some information that lead me to start my own investigation. I have discovered things that make me VERY uncomfortable.

Conspiracy Theory you might say? Not likely. Truth is truth. And statistics and engineering DON'T LIE. Politicians trying to guarantee a second term and global domination...DO. Ever hear of "Skull and Bones"? It's a fraternity at Yale that BOTH Bush AND Kerry belonged to, and publically dodged questions about.

So, rather than dedicating attention to something that realistically we could do NOTHING about WERE it to be true...

Why not hold accountable the REAL TERRORISTS?

Posted on: 2007/11/16 14:18

Master (USA)
From Modesto, CA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Masters
Support Team
Knight
Knight Marshall
Webmasters
So, um...be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the present?

Posted on: 2007/11/16 17:36

21 december, 2012 - Not end of the world but an evolutionary jump for humanity
Apprentice
From Skopje, Macedonia
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Please read this post.
I just read an amazing thread about the things that will come in the end of 2012. By then our Sun will be in a direct line with the center of our galaxy (this is known as the Photon Belt), thus 'bombarding' the Earth with Photonic energy, that will cleanse every living thing on our world(cleaning the negative things) and things will start to change on a global scale. We, humans will start to experience our life on a higher vibration of frequency, and also our DNA will change(in a positive way).

But we have to be prepared for that day. And I think we as jedi are on the right road, because we live a spiritual way of life and that's good, unlike other people which are materialists and they won't be prepared for the future.
The end of the dark spiritual period(that lasted 21 860 years, so it was said by the Mayans) is near, and the beggining of the period of total 'light' is to come in 5 years, that will last for 4000 years. So, you see, there is 5 to 1 domination of the darkness, and we see this in the symbol of the pentagram. Many mega Coorperatins, Millitary establishments and even Pentagon is built in the way 5 to 1. Be certain that this is not just a coincidence.

Some of you may not believe this but please keep on reading. Is our planet's entering in the Photon Belt really what "The Children of Nephilim" are afraid of (and they're also known as "Reptoids", "Reptillian Bloodlines" or "Children of the Great Evil"). And have you heard of the Starships(long as the diameter of Earth) seen in Saturns orbit? Whose do you think thos ships are? Now I will ask you to open your eyes, really open your mind. Try to see what is hidden from you, from all of us. The "Illuminati"(which are kind of searvants of the Reptoids, or someting like that) are humans,living in secret and trying to rule this World. And they are afraid now, because they know if humanity evolves they won't be able to rule.
Example. I believe many of you whatch the news. Let me ask you, when was the last time you heard anyting good on the news? By these negative things(aggresive tv programmes, video games and such) the "Illuminati" are sucseeding in making the people more violent, aggresive and hopeless.

Now please connect all these things. You know what I allways say, 'Everything is connected'.

And we will prevail, the age of light is at hand. Let's hold on just a little longer, have faith in ourselves and have hope for the better future.

And all this is much, much deeper. So... to be continued...
In the meantime, if you're interested in all of this try to find something on the web.

MTFBWYA

Petar Kenobi

Posted on: 2007/11/21 5:27
My ally is The Force, and a powerfull ally it is!

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]