Temple of the Jedi Force : Perhaps a while off, but lets have at it again.... [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Mando Vest, front and shoulder panels added

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Keyan's Crystal Chamber Progress

Friends and Family
My friends and I

Do you know ?
What is the 2nd teaching for all Jedi?

Who's Online
41 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 41

more...

New Members Welcome!
Cosmic_Jedi 2019/12/5
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Perhaps a while off, but lets have at it again....
Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Quote:
As far as making our dream a reality, we would need mega funding.

Well as far as funding is concerned, I'd approach it like this: First you start by forming local chapters in your hometown. As the chapters grow you can then start to function like a normal church, accepting alms for the administration of the temple chapter. After deducting operating costs you then deposit the remaining donations in a temple account. When we've reached a large number of chapters all collecting alms then our shared dream of a central temple will be well in our sights. Add to that the fact you've now not only by this time and with experience (writing sermons for discussion, offering community service and running outreach programs) solidified the core of Jediism and brought it out to the public, you've also taken it from a dream on the net and in to the real, functioning world. Of corse the logistics of forming chapters would have to be worked out by the council but I believe something like this would most definitely get the ball rolling. And you can't dye me green but I will dress like a hobbit every day Jyn. I'll even speak a little sindarian from time to time.

Posted on: 2008/3/8 10:29

Re: Perhaps a while off, but lets have at it again....
Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Grayson, I also think the room of a thousand fountains is a good idea. However, I think maybe instead of having five buildings, we should just have one. It would create more of a sense of unity. Just a thought. Also, I like the semi-wooded area plan, and also think we should have one of those garden labyrinth(sp?) thingies with the tall bushes on the temple grounds aswell.

Merin, I like that idea, and have considered it before. I intend to do something quite like that. Once I reach Knighthood, I will put out a call for all jedi in like a tri county area, and I will atempt to form a mini jedi temple.

Posted on: 2008/3/12 9:56

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]