Temple of the Jedi Force : 2012 - End of the world? [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
WILL OVER WEAPON

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Cdaae's Finished Lightsabre

Friends and Family
k-lo just beeing a ghetto jedi lol

Do you know ?
What is the 1st Teaching or Guideline for all Jedi?

Who's Online
35 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 35

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: 2012 - End of the world?
Apprentice
From Skopje, Macedonia
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
The galaxy isn't flat. If it was flat, when we'd watch the scy at night we would see just a belt of stars.
Here's a picture:

Here's the horisontal view of the galaxy.Click to see original Image in a new window

I hope I made it clear.

Posted on: 2007/11/29 6:36
My ally is The Force, and a powerfull ally it is!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Jedi Sentinel
From Parachute, Colorado
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Webmasters
"Always in motion the future is, hard to predict it will always be!"
This is partially from Star Wars and partially from common sense, even a psychic can't be 100% sure on everything, if you are told something that delves in to a future incident then your knowledge will change that motion and everything realigns to a new event, if this 2012 theory were to happen the combined knowledge of those who know 'bout it would change the future, the future is a secret just for this reason, so in my opinion we have just changed the future and there for it is not the way people or computers could ever predict.

A computer will almost always give you atleast 1,000,000 possibilities this is because you can't be 100% positive.

Anyway like my first post said it is not the end of the world but a moment of enlightened change and that is all, still just my opinion but I stand by it, and the future shouldn't be the focus of Jedi the present is where we live and should stay both in thought and action.

*bows*

Posted on: 2007/11/29 18:35

From United States Of America
Group:
Registered Users
Although I believe in destiny, I also believe in choices. I believe that our destiny relies on the choices we make. For instance, let's say there is a drug addict. He has two choices, one he could quit drugs and become a better person, or two he could stay on drugs, and possibly die earlier in life. It is up to our decisions that change the future. I'm feeling a little better about that whole 2012 thing, I read an article about it today. There is a theory that it will cause havic for Earth, but extra-terrestrials will finally make themselves known and come to help us. I feel better because of Petar Kenobi's theory.

Posted on: 2007/11/29 19:06

It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

Master (USA)
From Modesto, CA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Masters
Support Team
Knight
Knight Marshall
Webmasters
Policy Review / Revission Committee
I would like thank Peter for providing the picture of our galaxy. I hope he doesn't believe that I thought it was a flat disc, in fact I wholey realize the 3dimensional aspects of it, however, my arguement still holds true. Our sun is in direct line with the center all the time, as evidenced by even your picture.

The thought that some cosmic energy would be released due to the alignment seems awfully far fetched.

Why doesn't this happen with other stars? Why is our little, and truely insignificant star the catalyst for this phenomon?

It is a fun theory, but ultimately conflicts with scientific knowledge.

Please understand, I mean no disrespect, but part of discovering the truth is challenging the hypothosis, in fact that is the basis of scientific experimentation...not to prove a theory, but to disprove it. I personally believe that there are certain things we can't believe blindly...mainly most things that come from the mind of a human.

Now, if several scientists were to come up with the same conclusion, backed by scientific evidence...say a star going super nova in the center of the galaxy causing a cascading effect on surrounding stars (highly unlikely given the nature of a stars life)..AND the resulting energy wave released by explosions of that magnitude SOMEHOW made it ALL the way out to our Solar System at the same time the earth was in line with the sun in line with the center of the universe, then I might believe it. However, such energy would have degraded so much that the resulting bombardment might mean a disruption in satelite communication and a higher spf needed for nude sunbathing.

Now...allow me to digress on a different train of thought. What if this magical 2012 date marks a less physical event and more spiritual event. No cosmic radiation, or armeggedon, but rather an awakening of sorts. Like the renassance. Perhaps it's the end of an age, and the ushering in of a new one. There are so many technological advancements that are on the verge of exploding. 3 Dimentional, free floating holograms. Biochemistry computing. Holographic storage. Human gene manipulation. Super capacitors. AI, robotics, f'n missions to Mars.
Will the world end in 2012, probably not. Will our world be forever changed due to some breakthrough...I can believe that.

Remember, perdictions shouldn't always be taken word for word truth. Assuming that the person making the prediction is channeling or percieving something others can not, then it is more likely that those predictions were put into terms that we could best understand...and that usually involves the use of imagry. And, before you literal people jump on that, I don't mean drawing pictures, but using words to paint a mental picture.

Anyways...that's my continued thoughts on it. this is still an interesting thread and it's great to see everyone conversing with such...respect.

kudos.

~Chris

Posted on: 2007/11/29 21:30

"I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions from which they can learn." - Albert Einstien

Apprentice
From Skopje, Macedonia
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Quote:
What if this magical 2012 date marks a less physical event and more spiritual event. No cosmic radiation, or armeggedon, but rather an awakening of sorts. Like the renassance. Perhaps it's the end of an age, and the ushering in of a new one.

Posted on: 2007/11/30 7:40
My ally is The Force, and a powerfull ally it is!

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
There are so many technological advancements that are on the verge of exploding. 3 Dimentional, free floating holograms. Biochemistry computing. Holographic storage. Human gene manipulation. Super capacitors. AI, robotics, f'n missions to Mars.

And don't forget scientists broke the lightspeed barrier, its only a decade before they figure out how to travel faster than light.

Posted on: 2007/11/30 14:49

It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

Apprentice
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
The lighspeed barrier has not been broken.... because it CAN'T be broken, by modern laws of physics anyways.

Posted on: 2007/11/30 15:51

Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
one word... Tachyon's

Posted on: 2007/11/30 15:52

Group:
Registered Users
I can prove it!

ZDnet

Read it and weep!

Posted on: 2007/11/30 20:33

Apprentice
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
The power of reading.

"However, the scientists' claims should be treated with some skepticism until they have been investigated by the wider scientific community..."

Posted on: 2007/12/1 8:05

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.