Temple of the Jedi Force : Feng shui and the Force [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Me

Do you know ?
That you can submit questions (and answers) to this FAQ system?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 1
Guests: 48

Sebastien, more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Feng shui and the Force
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Once a year I give my place what I call a Feng Shui make-over. Feng Shui is the study of energy flow within our living and working spaces. It teaches the Jedi how to be mindful of how the Force affects you in your living and working places.

I'm no expert, but I would be willing to share information on this subject if there is an interest. It has made a difference in my life and I believe it would help us as Jedi to increase our understanding of the Living Force.

I would also invite others to share their knowledge of this subject.

One of the main concepts of Feng Shui is chi flow, or as it is sometimes called the breath of the dragon. In our living and working places, chi (the Force) must be allowed to flow that we may exist in a healthy enviroment. The Jedi must be mindful that clutter in our space blocks the flow of the Force.

This can create a space that can affect our health as well as peace of mind and spirit in many ways. This brings the Jedi face to face with the notion of clutter as attachments. Do you have piles of stuff squirreled away, just taking up space, because it "might" be needed one day? Time to review your notion of what an attachment is and start getting rid of all that clutter Jedi.

Posted on: 2006/12/19 19:46

Re: Feng shui and the Force
Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters

Maybe we need a new catagory in Web Links for Fung Sheui online resources?

Posted on: 2006/12/19 21:47

Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
<p>An interesting analogy connecting the Force with Feng Shui energies i’m surprised it hasn’t been done before. I'll look forward to reading more of your input on the subject since i have studied many religions to date (Although not in full) i have only came across Feng Shui once or twice.</p>
<p>I think we should give it a go since both teachings are relatively close.</p>
<p>Jaden.</p>

Posted on: 2006/12/20 8:06

Master (USA)
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users

I pulled this off of Wikipedia. Just in case people are curious and want to know more. This helps explain it a bit more

Feng shui is the ancient Chinese practice of placement and arrangement of space which is claimed to achieve harmony with the environment. Though there is no scientific evidence that it is anything but superstition or a primitive form of environmental psychology.

Feng shui is a discrete Chinese belief system involving a mix of geographical, religious, philosophical, mathematical, aesthetic, and astrological ideas.[1] It literally means "wind (feng) and water (shui)", and is not simply a decorating style, but a discipline with guidelines compatible with many different decorating styles.

The source of the term is purported to come from the Burial Book written by Guo Pu(郭璞) in the Jin Dynasty(晉朝). Qi (氣) rides the wind and stops when it meets the boundary of water. The ancients manipulate Qi so that it did not dissipate, and directed it so that it was retained. For this reason this art is called Feng Shui.

For a place to have "good feng shui" is for it to be in harmony with nature, and to have "bad feng shui" is to be incongruous with nature. Although people aren't usually described as having good or bad feng shui themselves,[1] believers in feng shui say that certain people by force of personality or visual appearance are able to add or subtract from the feng shui of their surroundings.

Posted on: 2006/12/20 8:20

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master (USA)
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users

sorry for the double post

Ocatagon

What Feng Shui school do you follow? I assume you use a bagua in your make over. Also can you reccomend a good book on the subject? This has my interest. I read what was on wikipedia and it just got me hungry for more

Posted on: 2006/12/20 8:30

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I'll get together some titles of books I use. Though there is so much information freely available on the internet, anyone can get a good overview from just googling Feng Shui.

I take the Bruce Lee attitude to learning. Keep an open mind, study everything (become attached to nothing), keep the parts that work for you, discard the parts that don't. So I have picked-up stuff from the major schools, as listed in the Google video link. I was once into all the complicated formulas and such. Now a days I just keep it simple. My current projest is to clean-up the clutter and move my computer equipment so that I face the door (as that represents opprotunity coming into my life).

It's also interesting to note that chi or ki is discribed as energy and the Force is also known as energy, so when they say chi or ki, I replace it in my thoughts with the Force. It's all the same stuff. Martial artists gain knowledge of how the Force flows through the human body. That way they can use it to heal, to protect areas of their bodies, and what part of your attackers body to strike at what time of day, to cause the desired affect of the flow of the Force within that body.

This google video has a good overview of the subject.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?doc ... 1288568&q=feng+shui&hl=en

A good yahoo group that gives alot of information.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fengshui-l/

Posted on: 2006/12/20 21:37

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
It is important to note that everything within the Force raises or lowers our energy field. Feng shui is the study of how the geometry of objects relate to us and our life goals.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 19:18

Master
From Green River, UT
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
This is part of how I began to really register the flow of the force within me and others through Martial Arts I gained understanding of that flow in me and through Massage Therapry I began to understand that flow within others...

Posted on: 2010/10/31 17:13

Apprentice:
accepting applications

Master
From Nebraska
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Webmasters
Masters
indeed it is also =ly important to understand the natural flow of our environment and how it affects us and others and why ...

Posted on: 2010/10/31 22:04

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
It's very interesting to read how the location of where you live can effect your health and even your success in life. Businesses pay Feng Shui experts large sums of money to design their business entrances to generate money. Lots of do it yourself stuff on the web about it.

I know I've used it and it works.

Posted on: 2010/11/1 7:47

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.