Temple of the Jedi Force : folk remedies and holistic cures [Message Boards - Force Healers]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Arigorn in Arizona

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
My LightSabre hilt

Friends and Family
Quentin Duro

Do you know ?
What is the 9th teaching of all Jedi?

Who's Online
54 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 54

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

folk remedies and holistic cures
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
This is a site others may be interested in. It lists remedies that that have been tried by real people. I have found it very helpful and hope you do also.

http://www.earthclinic.com/support.html

"Earth Clinic is about you. Without the enormous amount of feedback and support from our readers, this site wouldn't amount to much! Together we have helped to cure a large number of people with home remedies and natural cures. Thank you!

Though currently based in Atlanta, Earth Clinic began as a wee little healing site in Los Angeles, California in 1999. It was quite a different website back then and focused primarily on various alternative healing modalities that we hoped would inspire people. The first home remedy that we added to the site was -- you guessed it -- apple cider vinegar! We had so much good luck using it for allergies and sinus infections, we thought everyone ought to know. Turns out that people were far more interested in the few home remedies posted on our site than in the alternative healing modalities we specialize in. We went with the flow of interest and turned our attention to building a database of cheap folk remedies. Eight years later, our database is both extensive and exciting. Oh yeah, and totally free. You won't be dishing out any $ for cures on this web site!"

Posted on: 2007/5/26 11:44

Re: folk remedies and holistic cures
Knight
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Generous Donors
Octagon showed this website to members at OOTMJ.org and it is excellent!!!

Octagon also did a nice article on coconut oil, and it's benefits. I began using it to cook and since it's suggested you use about 2 teaspoons a day, I put it in my coffee instead of cream... It's great, and for -er aging Jedi it does terrific things for you skin and hair on top of great things for your blood/cholesterol/heart.

When you use Coconut oil to saute or "brown" meat, fish or vegetables it doesn't smoke or smell like even olive oil can. I am AMAZED!! It's also terrific on toast/muffins etc.

(We now have coconut oil for everyone's coffee at our stores...believe it or not...I am now the youngest here in Detroit...LOL! Everyone LOVES it!!!)

This site is really good, and I definately benefitted from it.

-Asta Sophi

Posted on: 2007/5/26 18:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I just added a catagory to our web links area to deal with Natural/Holistic Cures.

Posted on: 2007/5/26 19:54

Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I just received the Books Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About, it it's sequel, More Natural Cures by Kevin Trudeau.

The content dealing with Natural Cures is very interesting, but what is very disturbing how he exposes the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) as being pawns for big business rather than protecting consumers.

Has anyone else read these books?

Posted on: 2007/5/26 21:13

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Those are some good books. That's what is so great about the internet, we now have access to cures and healing techniques from all over the world.

Posted on: 2007/5/26 22:11

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Asta, I'm glad you like the oil. As to the coconut oil, I've read and experienced a lot of good from it. I use the organic virgin coconut oil. I order it online from tropical traditions by the gallon.
http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/

You can also swish it around in your mouth for 10 to 20 mins a day before you brush your teeth then spit it out. The oil is antivirus and will clean and purify the mouth, teeth, and gums. I do this about 3 times a day.
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/coconut_oil_facts.html

Coconut oil and apple cider vinegar make my day.

Posted on: 2007/5/27 14:44

Knight
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Generous Donors
I didn't know Coconut oil was antiviral/antibacterial, but it makes sense. I've noticed my teeth don't need like - instant brushing!!! - after I drink the Coconut oil coffee. Usually after Starbucks...yeeeeee!

Yes, I got the extra virgin coconut oil too...and even found some in my grocery store, but I like the stuff I ordered online better. (I think it's more fresh). Like I said, you can really tell the difference when you cook with Coconut oil because it doesnt smoke or smell like eve extra virgin olive oil does in the saute pan!

I think a nice addition to our usual writings on Jedi Training of our minds/bodies/spirit may also come what we eat to nourish and sustain us?

Not everyone one of us has health insurance...too many don't. I am allergic to almost all antiobiotics and medicines, so in a lot of ways prevention is incredibly important to me too!

It's good to know we can do things in our lives to help us that don't involve dependence on the Health Industry!

Posted on: 2007/5/27 17:55

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
A bump to this thread for those who are in need of healing. A Jedi must find balance in body mind and spirit.

Remember what goes into our bodies determines the amount and the quality of the energy that comes out. Food companies spend lots of money to get us to eat without thinking. They sometimes play on our emotional needs. Think about what goes into your body and how it affects you. Ill health is not something that just happens out of the blue. The laws of cause and affect are always at work.

Here's a good site.
I am Pefectly Healthy

Update. The Jury is still out on i-amperfectlyhealthy.com. I'm still researching it so cannot fully recommend it. Earthclinic I've gone thru and used for awhile.

Posted on: 2008/6/30 20:20

Edited by Octagon on 2008/7/1 8:56:37

Knight
From Texarkana, TX
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Apprentice
Registered Users
Didn't know that about the coconut oil. I'll have to check that out.
My family uses a lot of Chinese herbal remedies; po chai for upset stomachs, white flower oil for swelling, et al. I'm always amazed at how effective they are.

Posted on: 2008/6/30 22:03

Apprentices: John Kenobi
Krylynn Konn

Click to see original Image in a new window

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health (Paperback)

by T. Colin Campbell (Author), Thomas M. Campbell II (Author), John Robbins (Foreword), Howard Lyman (Preface) "THE PUBLIC'S HUNGER for nutrition information never ceases to amaze me, even after devoting my entire working life to conducting experimental research into nutrition and..."

Editorial Reviews
Product Description
Referred to as the "Grand Prix of epidemiology" by The New York Times, this study examines more than 350 variables of health and nutrition with surveys from 6,500 adults in more than 2,500 counties across China and Taiwan, and conclusively demonstrates the link between nutrition and heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. While revealing that proper nutrition can have a dramatic effect on reducing and reversing these ailments as well as curbing obesity, this text calls into question the practices of many of the current dietary programs, such as the Atkins diet, that are widely popular in the West. The politics of nutrition and the impact of special interest groups in the creation and dissemination of public information are also discussed.

About the Author
T. Colin Campbell, PhD, is the project director of the China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project (the China Study), a 20-year study of nutrition and health. He is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of nutritional biochemistry at Cornell University. In more than 40 years of research he has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding and authored more than 300 research papers. He lives in Ithaca, New York. Thomas M. Campbell II is an author and actor. He lives in Ithaca, New York.

Link

Posted on: 2008/7/1 9:51

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.