Temple of the Jedi Force : Attaching Apprentices to Masters and Knights... [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Obi-Wan Wallpaper 1

Do you know ?
The Jedi Creed?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 14 »

Attaching Apprentices to Masters and Knights...
Guest_
OK folks...here it is! The first step into a larger world!

Apprentices, remain patient and vigilant. Observe the corps of the Masters and Knights here. If one of them seems particularly compatible with you, I would advise sending a Private Message to them, and tell them your feelings about it. Not all Masters and Knights have *exactly*the same ways of doing things, so don't expect anything to be identical. In your message, you may contain things like:

Why you wish to be this person's pupil.
What it was about this particular mentor that caught your attention.
Your base views on Jediism and why you wish to become an Apprentice.

Stuff like that. It is important to let the Master or Knight know that you are dedicated and are prepared to commit to the relationship that is formed upon agreement. Now, that's not to say that you *belong* to that teacher, but many...myself included...make very strong and valued friendships with their instructors here. (As I did..*bows*..Thank you again, Master Merin!)

In either case, know that this relationship you develop requires commitment, *work*, dedication, patience, and above all...the ability to *unlearn what you have learned*. Not to say that what you know is wrong, but things are done a bit differently here. Things do not come fast, or easy...for the fast and easy path, is a path into darkness.

Expect that your transition into Knighthood may take up to a year or more, depending on you and your personal traits. I assure you, once this path is complete, you will KNOW you have been through something REAL.

Master and Knights: PLEASE update this list with your availability to take on pupils. It will make identifying you to the new Jedi much easier.

In this regard, I, Master Keyan Flamecloud, am able to take on additional pupils. The number will depend greatly upon the pupil's individual needs, but I have room. Interested parties please PM me through the Temple. Thank you for your help in this matter!

KF

Posted on: 2007/8/29 13:50

Edited by Keyan Flamecloud on 2007/8/29 14:01:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Attaching Apprentices to Knights and Masters...
Master (USA)
Group:
Knight
Registered Users
Apprentice
Masters
Great post Master Keyan, and very wise advice, I agree with you all the way. I know when I had just found the temple the idea of approaching a Knight, or Master, was a bit daunting to say the least. As of right now I am not available to take on new apprentices, I don't feel I am ready for more then one right now, and it would be wrong of me, and unfair to any potential students for me to take them on when I'm not ready. That being said, if I can help in any way, ask me in chat, or shoot me a PM and I'll be more then happy to help, or if I can't, point you to who can.- Anakin

Posted on: 2007/8/29 14:05

Re: Attaching Apprentices to Masters and Knights...
Knight
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Generous Donors
- I cannot take on further Padawans at this time...

-Asta Sophi

Posted on: 2007/8/29 14:23

Guest_
Completely understandable.

And in addition: There is no guarantee that a Master or Knight will be able to immediately fulfill your request for Apprenticeship. However, this is not to say that you cannot grow and participate...It's exactly the opposite! Masters, Knights, and fellow Jedi are generally ALWAYS up for a good discussion, and we will always answer questions from our newer members!

You are encouraged to participate, and hopefully soon, the mentor you were looking to work with may have an opening! In the interim, please post, create a Journal, interact with us all, ENJOY fellowship, and above ALL else...

Learn, grow, and HAVE FUN!

All things in due time!

Thanks to Master Anakin and Knight Asta for speedy responses, as this also aids in narrowing the pool of available mentors...*bows*

KF

Posted on: 2007/8/29 14:30

Master
From Manhattan, NY
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Shucks Keyan, that's nice of you to say. I really couldn't have put the information in your thread here any better then you have. It's really up to the apprentice to take the first steps. So like the man said, go through the old posts in the forums and start to get to know the people your here with ad wish to learn from. If nothing else you'll have a better understanding of the temple and the people that help make it th place it is, for better or worse....LOL.

~Namaste~

Posted on: 2007/8/29 14:33

Master
From Harrod, OH
Group:
Disciplinary Committee
Knight
Message Board Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Trust me when I say I agree with Master Keyan 100%. This is not the quick easy path, and in the end you WILL no you have been through something real. I will be able to take on an apprentice in about a week or so, when the wedding stuff is all said and done. Apprentices: the chat is a valuable tool in learning more about the Knights and Masters here at the Temple, along with old posts as Master Keyan and Master Merin have already pointed out. A lot can be learned there. Feel free to pm me, or contact me via chat anytime.
*bows*
Ang

Posted on: 2007/8/29 15:38

Jedi Sentinel
From Payson, Utah
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
I agree and am glad this was done.

I am Master Scythe, I could possibly accept one more Padawan I have been looking over the new members but would like to see them take alittle incentive and do things on their own, I don't mind helping but sometimes it comes while in an important discussion with currant padawans.

*bows*

I'll shut up now and wait for the new members to step up.

Posted on: 2007/8/29 17:34

Knight
From Cincinnati, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Generous Donors
I would be willing and able to take on an apprentice at this time. Like Master Scythe I too would like to see some apprentices step up and take some initiative.

Posted on: 2007/8/29 17:46

Master (USA)
From michigan
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
I would be willing to take on another. WOrd to the wise though, if you wish to train under me...be ready to write a lot!

mtfbwua

Posted on: 2007/8/29 17:53

Guest_
Thank you all very much for such prompt responses! It brings me GREAT joy to see so many, so fast!

I sense that great things are to come quite soon!

May the Living Force inspire and guide us all...

Posted on: 2007/8/29 22:12

(1) 2 3 4 ... 14 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.