Temple of the Jedi Force : 2012 - End of the world? [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
JEDI CREST REVAMP 1

Do you know ?
That there is a list of Teachings and Guidelines for Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: 2012 - End of the world?
Master (USA)
From Modesto, CA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Masters
Support Team
Knight
Knight Marshall
Webmasters
Policy Review / Revission Committee
Jedi Warrior...I almost began to weep until I read the article.

The idea that they are talking about exists on a quantom scale. Rules are different there, the general theory of relativity doesn't opperate the same on the quantum level, which is why so much money is spend colliding neutrons and protons together in particle accelerators. Scientists are attempting to discover the secrets of the quantum universe. It is a widely accepted view that all conventional physics breaks down within the first 3 ms of the universe existance. Things happened that we just can't explain. The same is true when 2 sub-atomic particle collide together. We see it, we know it happens, just can't accurately explain all of it. Now, physicist are tricky at this part...they kind of make up solutions to fit the problem, then attempt to disprove them. Jaden, this is where your tachyons come into play. Their existance satisfied an equation, much like dark matter did.
In regards to tachyons:
"Tachyons appear to violate causality (the so-called causality problem), since they could be sent to the past under the assumption that the principle of special relativity is a true law of nature, thus generating a real unavoidable time paradox (Maiorino and Rodrigues 1999). Therefore, it seems unavoidable that if tachyons exist, the principle of special relativity must be false, and there exists a unique time order for all observers in the universe independent of their state of motion." http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/Tachyon.html
Also, to further support the cause:
"hypothetical subatomic particle whose velocity always exceeds that of light. The existence of the tachyon, though not experimentally established, appears consistent with the theory of relativity, which was originally thought to apply only to particles traveling at or less than the speed of light." http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9070867/tachyon
Notice the words "IF" and "Hypothetical". There is no proof that Tachyons exists, meerly that the theoretical partical *COULD* exist.

Physics is a fun field...but very deep and very hard to understand. That's why it keeps fracturing into different, more specialized fieds, such as Quantum Physics, Quantum Thermodynamics, etc. 1 person can't possibly have a complete understanding of it all, but we can strive to have a general understanding of most.

Also, on a final note. Don't believe everything you read in Wiki. Follow up with information from credible sources.

As the scientific world now stands...nothing can move faster then the speed of light.

NOW, if you want to have fun with this subject (probably the wrong thread) we can explore the ideas of Warp Drive and worm holes, both dealing with "faster then light" travel without actually violating E=mc^2. Still theory, but fun.

BTW...in case you can't tell...I love physics lol.

~Chris

Posted on: 2007/12/1 15:09

"I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions from which they can learn." - Albert Einstien
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Jedi Sentinel
From Payson, Utah
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Has anyone thought of going to see the Will Smith movie "I am Legend"?

It is based on a 2012 type disaster, if anyone goes to see it let us know if it worth the hype please.

*bows*

Posted on: 2007/12/5 14:32

From United States Of America
Group:
Registered Users
No, I have not seen that movie yet, but I really want to.

Posted on: 2007/12/5 14:53

It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

Master (USA)
From Modesto, CA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Masters
Support Team
Knight
Knight Marshall
Webmasters
Policy Review / Revission Committee
I'm sure i'll be going.

He drives a 2008 Shelby GT500 in the movie...as a fanatical Mustang enthusiast...that fact alone will pull the $10 out of my pocket to watch it! lol Of course, it looks like a kick a$$ action flick too, with will smith...so it can't be too bad.

It will be interesting to see what their take on the end of the world is.

Posted on: 2007/12/5 16:16

"I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions from which they can learn." - Albert Einstien

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Bump for end of the world predictions. Our focus determines our reality. But luckily are reality is part of a greater group reality that determines final outcomes. Yes, a person can believe in the end of the world to such a degree they make it a self fulfilling prophecy but if you have a focus that there are master realities that decide outcomes that we may not be awhile of then we hang in there and work on keeping our vibration high in order to receive the best this reality has to offer.

Posted on: 2/11 12:12

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]