Temple of the Jedi Force : Flu Bug Extrordinaire [Message Boards - Force Healers]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Jim's saber #4

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
my lightsaber.jpg

Friends and Family
blah

Do you know ?
Your email address can be changed, but it must be done for good reason and proper verification.

Who's Online
36 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 36

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Flu Bug Extrordinaire
Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
This week I've been completely knocked down by a flu bug that has completely incompacitated me. I couldn't get out of bed for days.

I'd appreciate any kind thoughts and healing energy as it has not loosened it's grip by much.

Now it seems everyone I know is coming down with it.

Posted on: 2007/11/3 20:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Flu Bug Extrordinaire
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Sorry to hear that you're under the weather...I trust that you will heal quickly.

Posted on: 2007/11/3 22:47

Guest_
My heart is with you. I had the flu shot but still got sick with a less intense version for 3 days so I can imagine how draining it is.

Red grapefruit juice helps. It gives you not only the vitamin of C but also has something in it that the virus does not like.Quote:

admin wrote:
This week I've been completely knocked down by a flu bug that has completely incompacitated me. I couldn't get out of bed for days.

I'd appreciate any kind thoughts and healing energy as it has not loosened it's grip by much.

Now it seems everyone I know is coming down with it.

Posted on: 2007/11/4 1:15

Knight
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Generous Donors
Bummer Todd...!

I started to get the flu a week ago! Aches, swollen glands, just all the icky...

I did the Reiki Meditations (3 a day) and drank apple vinegar/honey/coconut oil HOT and managed to work every day...never got really sick - but sick enough...!

Take care of yourself and get lots of rest! This flu sure is making the rounds!

-Asta Sophi

Posted on: 2007/11/4 3:10

Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Quote:

Phantom5 wrote:
My heart is with you. I had the flu shot but still got sick with a less intense version for 3 days so I can imagine how draining it is.

Red grapefruit juice helps. It gives you not only the vitamin of C but also has something in it that the virus does not like.

You're quite right Br. John. It turns out that Vitamin C by itself is like a highly trained sniper shooting with a pellet pistol when it comes to the healing effects. The Bioflavinoids (many years ago they called them Vitamen P) or flavones seem to complement the ascorbic acid and help it do it's magic.

I've also been reading about the long term benefits of Vitamin C when taken with E. There's lots of data on the benefits for your heart with that synergistic combo.

Posted on: 2007/11/4 6:50

Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Quote:

Asta Sophi wrote:
Bummer Todd...!

I started to get the flu a week ago! Aches, swollen glands, just all the icky...

I did the Reiki Meditations (3 a day) and drank apple vinegar/honey/coconut oil HOT and managed to work every day...never got really sick - but sick enough...!

Take care of yourself and get lots of rest! This flu sure is making the rounds!

-Asta Sophi

Yep I'm not sure if it's the Flu or just a super nasty cold.

All I know is last weekend I started feeling crummy. I blew off one of the kewlest rides of the year cause I was feeling bad. Then on Sunday, I went to the Temple in Port Arthur and during the ceremonies I started feeling my sinus(es?) backing. It's that familiar sensation. Like having a little smoldering hot coal in the top of the back of the throat.

Thankfully I was able to see my friends do their Precepts ceremonies and got to see the ordination of the monks too. That was a powerful and inspirational moment.

Posted on: 2007/11/4 6:56

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Apple cider vinegar is a great tonic, I drink it everyday (Bragg, organic which is sold at health food stores). Coconut oil kills bacteria so it is good to gargle with, drink, use as skin lotion, and hair oil. Garlic with allicin kills germs, cleans arteries, and is really great stuff. Taken daily you can be exposed to the flu with no problems. Refined sugar cripples your immune system and so do sodas. Remember diet is your first line of protection.

Posted on: 2007/11/4 11:10

Master
From Oklahoma
Group:
Jedi Consular
Knight
Message Board Moderator
Generous Donors
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
If your digestive system can handle it, Capcisin (red cayanne pepper) acts as a catalytic boost to other vitamins/herbs and is good for the immune system in and of itself. Most health food stores carry it in gelcap pill form.

Posted on: 2007/11/4 15:48

Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Tood, you should od what I do, If I get sick, or even start to feel under the weather, I start chugin' down about 200 oz. of green tea a day. I would only recomend this though if you are capable of getting up every 15-30 minutes to make a run to the little jedi's room. Also, keep up on drinking green tea after you start feeling better. You don't need to keep drinking hundreds of ounces, a few cups will suffice. I kept on this regimen and wasn't ill for 4 years, and the only reason I got ill was because I got out of the habit. Hopes this helps, and I hope your better soon. MTFBWY Todd.

Posted on: 2007/11/5 19:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]