Temple of the Jedi Force : Total Opposite? [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
JEDI ART--PASSING INTO THE FORCE

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Knight Hilt Progress: Engraving Design on Handle--version 2--FINAL

Friends and Family
Summer Camp 2011

Do you know ?
what the Jedi ranks and requirements are?

Who's Online
33 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 33

more...

New Members Welcome!
Cosmic_Jedi 2019/12/5
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Total Opposite?
Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
It is my believe, after an interesting chat with Kell over his Mandolorian post, about opposites.

Most would say to me now that the Sith are the opposite of Jedi sworn enemies to the death, one cant live whilst the other is alive kind of thing. Well here is where I draw the line. The line of question and I will strive to display my thoughts as accurately as I possible can on paper.

Most people would say the complete opposite to hate, would be one of love. I would tell that person to look beyond the obvious for that is not the case. A much fairer statement would be that the complete opposite of hate would be forgiveness. As if one forgives then the feeling of hate is shattered. You cant have one whilst the other dwells. In contrast however you can both love and hate the same thing at the same time therefore abolishing the believe that love is the opposite.

Therefore another analogy would be the use of the Qur'an the Muslim texts that are so often converted but outsider sects to justify act of terrorism “isn’t this what the happens when the Jedi’s believes are taken and used by the sith”. So in essence I am saying that if we few the Jedi as Muslims and the sith as the terrorist then we see that infact the two are not the opposite we once thought they were.

So who takes up the gap of the fateful opposite? My theory is that the Mandolorian clans of old are actually the Jedi’s opposite and the Sith are the terrorist of that time period

I came up with this theory with my bowl of cornflakes in one hand and my trusty keyboard in the other with my good friend Kell to spark and bounce my theories from (thanks man) these are my personal impartial believes and are not an act of malicious attack on any Mandolorian believers out there, just the rambling of one jedi and his theory

Gimmi your ideas, feelings and thoughts upon this subject if you will

Yours in the force

Brother JK
Jaden Ka`Reed

Posted on: 2007/11/23 5:41

Re: Total Opposite?
Jedi Initiate
Group:
Registered Users
May I ask...are you speaking of the fictional characters or the online Jedi/Mandolorians/Sith?

INTERESTING topic!!!

Posted on: 2007/11/23 10:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
mainly on the fictional side rather than the online sects... but i suppose the explination can be used in both retrospects

Posted on: 2007/11/23 14:35

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
On the love thingy. The opposite of love would be apathy, in the complete not caring about someone one way or the other. Love is basically care and concern, hate is basically the same, care and concern. With hate you care and are concerned that something bad happens to them. Love and hate invoke much emotional energy directed towards a point of concern.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 21:35

Jedi Initiate
Group:
Registered Users
This is such an excellent discussion!

I feel the opposite of hate is acceptance.

"Love and hate are very close akin", and apathy seems to be a lack of feeling or emotion.

But from hate to acceptance will change any situation or relationship. Not being an emotion but rather an act eradicates that duality of emotion from love to hate that is so often seen in fiction and life.

Apathy is a very, very interesting state of being. I am working through how I feel about it because of the complexity behind it.

Apathy is often used as a tool - and in this it is both available to the victim of apathy or apathy can be induced to control others.

Apathy should be discussed some time - I hope?

Posted on: 2007/11/24 16:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]