Temple of the Jedi Force : Great Technical Info on Making Posts for All Members [Message Boards - Jedi Initiate Resources (Explore here first)]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Jedi Knight

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Rozen's Knight lightsaber

Friends and Family
Me and my new wife

Do you know ?
WHAT IS JEDIISM?

Who's Online
54 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 54

more...

New Members Welcome!
HaiSandes2 2019/5/25
MichealSta 2019/5/24
AnibalM405 2019/5/24
RoseanneMa 2019/5/23
AbigailBas 2019/5/22
DominicLem 2019/5/22
FYTShad225 2019/5/22
RudyVinson 2019/5/21
KazukoLede 2019/5/21
Nick43W46 2019/5/21

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Great Technical Info on Making Posts for All Members
Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Dear New Member,

Greetings and Welcome to the Temple.

I'd like for you to be informed of this one technical issue about posting on this site (and it applies to most interactive sites like this one.)

When you are logged in you get a combination of a cookie and a session id that helps the site identifiy you from the other people that are online at the same time.

The session time and the cookie expire. I believe the session after 15 or 30 minutes, the cookie maybe an hour.

As you begin posting into your journals you may find that you spend a lot of time composing an individual post. If you spend more than a few minutes composing you are running the risk of having your cookie/session expired. When that happens, and you click post to save your work it may not save.

This is highly fustrating for new members and old alike. It still happens to me. I'll be working on a post, the phone rings, and next thing you know it's 45 minutes to an hour before I get back to completely the post. Then, I hit the submit button and DOH! -- error: invalid or expired token -- or some such error message!

So here is what I do. As a habit, when I sit down to the computer to do work I immediately open wordpad. And throughout the day I copy and paste stuff back and forth into wordpad, including everything I compose for web sites.

Speaking of which, I'm about to make a copy of what I'm composing right now. I'm hitting CTRL-A right here in the edit buffer to select all the text, then hitting CTRL-C to copy it to my clipboard in windows. Next I'm going to pull up my wordpad, click inside it's big edit area and hit CTRL-V, and all the text from this post will be copied into the wordpad.

Again this keyboard shortcuts are:
CTRL-A to select all
CTRL-C to copy to the clipboard
CTRL-V to paste the clipboard

Now, if for some reason when I click SUBMIT at the bottom now, if the post get's lost because my session has timed out I don't have to start over on this post.

Finally, for those of us keeping journals I'd suggest doing this and actually saving each entry for the long haul.

May the living force guide you always,
--Todd Fogal
Admin

Posted on: 2008/1/27 19:19

Re: Great Technical Info on Making Posts for All Members
Apprentice
From Richmond, North Yorkshire, UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Very useful and informative. Thank you very much for posting this! :)

Posted on: 2009/3/28 10:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]