Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
6574_1108207505177_1226498869_30275601_7522679_n.jpg

Do you know ?
The three primary tenents of Jediism

Who's Online
28 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Illness
Apprentice
Group:
Registered Users
Guys now im back i feel a need to share this with you.

Me and my Dad have both been diagnosed with glaucoma.
I understand this means that eventually i will go blind but can someone feed some more knowledge into this so i feel more comfortable. WAnna know as much as i can at this age while my eyes are still quite good

Posted on: 2008/4/29 12:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Illness
Knight
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Well, I dont have Glaucoma but I have had Papilledema and severe retinopathy and lots n lots of laser treatment and have quite severe visual impairment. I know none of this helps you in anyway, but at the Grand olde age of 33 I can sympathise with the impact loss of vision has. But the upside is that you can and will adapt, and if you take your time, you can find alot of help and advice on the internet, and ought to be able to locate some advice centres who deal solely with your condition. Haven't your eye care teams offered or given any adequate information? you are entitled to the full and honest truth of it all after all

If you feel the need to talk or ask more, you know where i am ;)

cheers,,,,

Posted on: 2008/4/29 14:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Illness
Master (USA)
From michigan
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
i did a report on this in high school. what i remember from it is that glaucoma is caused by the backs of your eyes not draining properly. two small muscles swell and cause a blockage so the fluid builds up behind your eye. this causes headaches and diminished eye sight. generally your periferal(sp) vision is very bad and gets worse over time. i know there are some medications for this that HELP, they dont cure but they will ease the symptoms a bit, and i also thought there was a surgery that could be done to take care of it. but it has been years since my report so don't quote me there.

Posted on: 2008/4/29 16:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]