Temple of the Jedi Force : Nominations & Votiing for the Promotions Commitee [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Signature Block

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
My first lightsaber.

Friends and Family
family.jpg

Do you know ?
What the 13th teaching of the Jedi is?

Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

New Members Welcome!
Cosmic_Jedi 2019/12/5
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 26 »

Nominations & Votiing for the Promotions Commitee
Master
From Neillsville, WI
Group:
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Greetings my fellow Jedi,

At this time, we making plans to form a Promotions Commitee. As the name implies, this select group will be in charge of administering the Trials of Knighthood and possibly interviewing both the Apprentice and his/her mentor in order to ascertain if the Apprentice is ready for promotion into Knighthood. Every member from Initiate to Master will be able to nominate 3 Jedi of the rank of Knight or Master who are active to this committee. In order to answer the eventual question, you may vote for yourself if you wish and no one will think anything ill of you doing so. The nomination period will be three weeks long, and afterward the three nominees with the most votes will be on the first Promotions Committee. This is a term position that will be anywhere from 6 months to a year (please vote on this as well), and after that term the committee members will step down and three different Jedi Knights/Masters will step up. After a committee member steps down, he will not be eligible for the committee again for one full term. Any questions or suggestions? If not, then please nominate the three Knights or Masters who will serve on the Committee and also how long the term (6 months or a year) they will serve.

May the Force be With You,
Jedi Grayson Dark

Posted on: 2008/6/11 23:35

Edited by Octagon on 2013/7/28 9:42:59

Apprentices:
Dina Gamal
Daloch
Glover
Dropped:
Lea
Max
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Nominations for the Promotions Commitee
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Master Merin
Master Scythe
Knight Ang-Kyoshi Roku

My thoughts are that there is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law to consider in promotions. Jedi must not go to extremes but find a balance between the two. We are all here to become better souls. This is a place to learn to be the best Jedi that you can be doesn't matter how long it takes. If a teacher says the student is ready, I put my trust in that teacher's opinion mostly, as well as checking the other requirements. MTFBWY

Posted on: 2008/6/12 7:58

Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Master Octagon
Master Nassik
Knight Ang-Kyoshi Roku

I know you haven't been here much as of late Lloyd, but if you could find the time your level mindedness is needed now more then ever.

I know there's been some tension with Nassik but trust me, he's a rare treasure with a beautiful mind.

Now Angs' actions should speak for themselves. He's a consummate Jedi with a great working knowledge and a strong commitment to our shared path. He's level headed and slow to anger. What more can you say?

Posted on: 2008/6/12 10:32

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I agree with you Mike. Nass is actually fourth on my list and I still consider him my friend (I also want to go on record with an apology if I have offended him in any way). Since the term is 6 months or a year, I'm sure every Knight and Master who fits the requirement's will get a turn a bat.

Your right, I have been keeping up with the forums but not posting much.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 11:49

Master (USA)
From Modesto, CA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Masters
Support Team
Knight
Knight Marshall
Webmasters
Policy Review / Revission Committee
I 2nd Master Octagon's nomination.

Master Merin
Master Scythe
Knight Ang-Kyoshi Roku

I also vote on a term of 6 months.

~Chris

Posted on: 2008/6/12 14:54

"I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions from which they can learn." - Albert Einstien

Master
From Nor Cal
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Generous Donors
Policy Review / Revission Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
my nomination is for

Master Merin
Master Octagon
Knight Ang-Kyoshi Roku

Master Scythe is forth on my list

Gavin

Posted on: 2008/6/12 16:40

Master
From Harrod, OH
Group:
Disciplinary Committee
Knight
Message Board Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
here ya go:
Master Merin
Master Scythe
Master Octagon

I'd say hmmm...six years or a year? to me, it matters not.
Ang

Posted on: 2008/6/12 18:19

Master
From Harrod, OH
Group:
Disciplinary Committee
Knight
Message Board Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
and Gavin...that's four, I know, but oh well

Posted on: 2008/6/12 19:44

Master
From Scotland
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
my nominations are

Master Merin
Master Scythe
and Knight Ang

oh and i have something to say that i think is relavent to this, all the work done by the former council should not be dropped as i feel it would be an insult and slap in the face for all the hard work that has been put into these things, there was a question posed in chat the other nite, why should be have a minimum time on the training of 9 months.

well as i see it its very simple, we do not know new members at all we do not know there potential and or previous training so therefor it should be done here regardless of out side rank as was pointed out rank means nothing so there for all who are on the site should have complete there apprentice journal there trials and all he other things set out by the former council, i would also like to point out that the former council is still the bulk of the Active Masters on this site.

and well if anyone disagrees with me thats just fine these are my views on the way this Temple site should be conducting its training programs using both the KM program and the Training syllabus agreed upon by the former council so it is written so it shall be

Xell Ye'eal Jedi

Posted on: 2008/6/13 3:34
Nassik Dabak

Knighted December 6, 2008

Aprentice's

SecretSquirrel aka Kana-Seiko Haruki

The Force is always with me. I am a Jedi.

Master
From Harrod, OH
Group:
Disciplinary Committee
Knight
Message Board Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Quote:

Xell Ye'eal wrote:

oh and i have something to say that i think is relavent to this, all the work done by the former council should not be dropped as i feel it would be an insult and slap in the face for all the hard work that has been put into these things, there was a question posed in chat the other nite, why should be have a minimum time on the training of 9 months.

well as i see it its very simple, we do not know new members at all we do not know there potential and or previous training so therefor it should be done here regardless of out side rank as was pointed out rank means nothing so there for all who are on the site should have complete there apprentice journal there trials and all he other things set out by the former council, i would also like to point out that the former council is still the bulk of the Active Masters on this site.

and well if anyone disagrees with me thats just fine these are my views on the way this Temple site should be conducting its training programs using both the KM program and the Training syllabus agreed upon by the former council so it is written so it shall be

Xell Ye'eal Jedi

While I'm sure most everyone probably agrees with this, myself included for the most part, I think it would be more relevant to keep this thread at it's sole purpose, as to not stray off course. I don't think anybody is trying to change the current syllabus. Just because there is no council does not mean we would not want to continue with what they had.
Ang

Posted on: 2008/6/13 4:09

(1) 2 3 4 ... 26 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.