Temple of the Jedi Force : WWJD What Would Jedi Do [Message Boards - The Greater Jedi Community]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Master Saber Parts

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
gangsta!

Do you know ?
What is the 8th teaching of all Jedi?

Who's Online
51 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 51

more...

New Members Welcome!
HaiSandes2 2019/5/25
MichealSta 2019/5/24
AnibalM405 2019/5/24
RoseanneMa 2019/5/23
AbigailBas 2019/5/22
DominicLem 2019/5/22
FYTShad225 2019/5/22
RudyVinson 2019/5/21
KazukoLede 2019/5/21
Nick43W46 2019/5/21

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

WWJD What Would Jedi Do
Exile
Group:
Exile
At the Jedi Manual we are working on a new forum section that covers real world situations where Jedi were needed but no one was there to act.

Some of the content post there will be a bit more extreme then some here may be willing to take so I figured it would be better not to post it here and put the site admin in a difficult position

http://thejedimanual.webs.com/apps/forums/

The first topic posted was concerning a 15 year old girl was was beaten and gang raped over the weekend. It appears that 4-7 people took part in the rape, with a dozen people standing around watching the rape take place. It is also believed that a number of the people watching where actually recorded the rape on cell phone camras.

news links and you tube links are posted for full details.

I am also going to bring up the "Jesus Taught Me" beating that was widely discussed back in august with the 9 minute video clip of the full beating. Long and short a crazy guy went to a dojo owner and said Jesus told me to teach at your school. The school owner said sure come on in, the lesson involved the crazy guy being beaten beat down by the sr. student who had no restraint and his classmates did nothing but watch as the sr. student almost killed the crazy guy. The end of the tape includes the guy being dragged out of the school with a blood trail to mark where he was. To finish off the night the school owner had his students toss the beaten "kung fu master" who was taught be jesus into the dumpster.

Sadly this is not a fake tape, but thankfully according to cops of that area the guy was indeed beating harshly but he did live.

Posted on: 2009/10/27 12:16

MJ Knights/TKD Jedi
http://thejedimanual.webs.com/
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: WWJD What Would Jedi Do
Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
You do not know how you will react, until you are in the heat of the moment. You can "What should have happened..." all day long. But would you really have gone through the motions to help her, or would you be in too much shock at the scene you walked upon?

What SHOULD you do? I'd say call the cops. Stepping to the plate to take action would be foolish unless you had the right people to back you up.

At that age, you might have a number of things going through your head:

What's going to happen to me if I snitch?
My status in the school will go further down than what it is already.
What if they try to rape me?

I watched a girl get sexually harassed once. She was warned to stay away from the guy. But he kept on following her. Eventually he forced himself on her, kissing her. It might seem harmless to some people, but for this girl, it was not something to take lightly.

No one was exactly sure all of the details behind this "harmless kiss". They just knew that something was up, and the guy that kissed her was up to no good with it. He had managed to catch her when she was not near enough people to take her side up and help her out.

Although the plot was not thwarted, it turned into a wonderful lesson for the boy that decided he was going to steal a kiss from her. As well as a great number of others.

You see, the girl was one of those people that everyone looks at and hates because she gives off a "overly virtuous" aura. At the time, a virgin, just joined the reserves, talked A LOT, teacher's pet, need I say more? None of the "popular" crowd liked her. So they thought it would be funny to get one over on her.

They started up a bet. The collection made it up to about $100, if I remember correctly. The bet stated that the money would go to the guy that managed to kiss her for more than 10 seconds. There were girls and boys alike involved. None of them from the same school though. It was a collection of students from across the United States coming together for a week to learn about Diplomacy, Intelligence and Defense used by the US Government (National Youth Leadership Forum, DID). She had a total of 7 people in her court helping her get to the bottom of the story. They got names of people that were involved, and they got the instructors involved.

By the end of day two of this issue, a large group of high schoolers learned how far small actions can take them. It was even talked about taking it as far as to court, just to prove a point. It never went that far.

Out of the 7 that helped her get to the bottom of the story, only three had formed a friendship with her during the previous four days. That leaves 4 people that didn't have to step up to help her.

I cannot not say for certain if the four that helped her would have done the same if they knew they would have to face the other high schoolers the next week. They might have. Or it could have simply been the safety net they had that they would never have to see or hear from the group of hooligans which spearheaded this dare.

Doing the right thing is the hardest thing to do. Peer pressure sucks, and fear tends to overpower our senses. Even a soldier can train their entire life to "shoot, move and communicate". Doesn't mean they will perform their first time out.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 4:50

Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Here's a link related to this topic. It explains why people are less inclined to help when there's more people watching.

http://psychology.about.com/od/social ... ogy/a/bystandereffect.htm

Posted on: 2009/10/28 8:08

Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
As for what I'd personally do I really couldn't in honesty answer you. It's easy to puff up your chest and say you'd be the hero but until your there you just don't know. And wanting to be the hero is a problem in itself. No one as far as I know is born with a cape. People with a hero complex tend to look for and sometimes create a situation in order to "save" someone. Case in point...............

http://www.villagevoice.com/2009-09-1 ... is-neighbors-up-in-smoke/

If we're to be humble and show the world loving-kindness then really shouldn't we have just as much mercy for the attacker as the attacked? If an act of violence, as a last resort, is necessary why would one desire to perpetuate that act on anyone just to be a hero? The answer usually lies in the ego of the individual. It makes us feel good to be the good guy. Yet violence by it's nature is not only unpredictable, but has a tendency to escalate. So when the "Hero" jumps in he does so out of his own need for glory and not out of real self sacrifice. I know many hero's, real hero's. I have friends that were there on 9/11. I have friends that were there in desert storm and the current war in the middle east. None of them openly seek glory or will even speak of what they've done. Most of them would call the police first and try to diffuse the situation before engaging in a physical confrontation. Some of them are already cops and would have to get involved, but that's what their trained to do. IN a situation like this, and this is completely speculative on my part, I'd take clear pictures for the police. Video if my phone would let me. Assess the situation I.E. are there multiple attackers? Weapons? Do I have an out? before diving headlong in to it. By one rash action I could easily take a situation from bad to worse, and get myself and the victim killed in the process.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 8:26

Exile
Group:
Exile
Randi

That is where you are mistaken. Your choices in life are based on your path. IE if you always want to hide under your bed when things can get physical then you would hide under the bed in this situation as well.

In any even thanks for your thoughts. I did not intent to post this as a new topic. As I said on the actual first post should anyone have cared to read it in full you would have seen this is stuff I am posting at my own website so others can respond to them using different names to discuss what Jedi would do in situations without the stress or pressure of admin or "ranked" people here.

All it takes is a little reading and paying attention to realize what topics are about and details. To my understanding this section is for "The Jedi Community" not for other discussions about why you should hide under your bed because things in real life can be dangerous and living the Jedi path is not as cool as typing on a internet forum.

Attention to detail my friends.

Posted on: 2009/10/29 15:36

MJ Knights/TKD Jedi
http://thejedimanual.webs.com/

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Everything is dictated by the society you are in. Sociology shows that when we are put into different sociological situations, we react differently.

I would act differently in London than I would in my home town. I know all the dangers in my home town. I know who I can stand up to by myself, and I know who doesn't care and I would require more backup. Get me on another playground knowing I will only be there a day, and I can have room to be audacious. They won't follow me to my home turf. Unless they're really that hell bent on revenge.

"As humans, we like to believe we understand the world, we like to believe we understand ourselves. Problem is, Randi, as Jedi, we should always be ready for the moment we are proven wrong. When you are, it should not come as a surprise, but rather something you log away for future reference-to further prove we do not have all the answers. We are not the divine, just an aspect of him/her living on the physical plane and interacting with the spiritual." -Setanaoko

Posted on: 2009/10/29 19:08

Webmaster
From USA
Group:
Knight
Knight Marshall
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
As Randi said above, and I quote:

Quote:
You do not know how you will react, until you are in the heat of the moment. You can "What should have happened..." all day long. But would you really have gone through the motions to help her, or would you be in too much shock at the scene you walked upon?

First, maybe we should dial 911 on our cell phone and tell the operator our location and the situation, quickly, before making any attempt to intervene.

If you don't have a cell phone (or even if you do) make lot's and lot's of noise screaming help, help, we need help, there's an assault, help, just over and over and over.

Then there people doing the evil at least know they've been seen.
Practicing jediism doesn't mean you have to be a super-hero. Just a hero. The difference is simple, a hero rushes to get assistance. Superhero's really don't exist.

Jediism is a faith and a code of conduct, not a sci-fi type fortification of powers. I'd think that the mark of a jedi is to not cast a blind eye where there is wrongdoing.

--admin

Posted on: 2009/10/29 19:57

Master
From Ellijay GA
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
You see it's one this to have an opinion, but this is where you go overboard...............

Quote:
In any even thanks for your thoughts. I did not intent to post this as a new topic. As I said on the actual first post should anyone have cared to read it in full you would have seen this is stuff I am posting at my own website so others can respond to them using different names to discuss what Jedi would do in situations without the stress or pressure of admin or "ranked" people here.

All it takes is a little reading and paying attention to realize what topics are about and details. To my understanding this section is for "The Jedi Community" not for other discussions about why you should hide under your bed because things in real life can be dangerous and living the Jedi path is not as cool as typing on a internet forum.

All I can say is your kidding, right? Who doesn't say what they want because of "ranked" people? Please stop this, grow up ,and get a grip. I won't even go in to what the hiding under the bed comment insinuates. You ask for opinions, get opinions, and when there not the ones you want you get upset and fling left handed insults at people.

Randi,

You were on topic and gave a valid opinion. Don't be intimidated by people like this. Your no coward because you'd call the cops. And it's an honest answer when you say your not sure how you'd really act until your in the situation. It's been my experience that people who are sure they'd beat up the bad guy are the first to run for cover. Absolutes are not only the way of a sith but also in the real world food of a fool.

Posted on: 2009/10/29 23:13

Apprentice
From Everywhere
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
haha love this whole post....but yea I always take those qizzes on facebook and choose to say id be the hero but i feel like in reality i wouldnt even be at the scenario...id just be eating food or zonked out somewhere haha

Posted on: 2010/11/29 20:32

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
I concur with Randi, you never know how you will react until you are put in that situation. You would like to say that you would rush to the aid of the 15 yr old girl being raped, or you would stand up to your Master and tell him that the crazy guy being beaten was not right but we don't truely know until we are in that situation. Sometimes shock can stop us from reacting or thinking. I can say this is a sad world where people stand by and allow such things to happen. But all those who commit sin will have to answer for what they have done someday and well sometimes karma gets it's revenge on those who do evil to others.

Posted on: 2011/1/17 8:25

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

"The Force will be with you, always"

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.