Temple of the Jedi Force : Jedi Unity [Message Boards - The Greater Jedi Community]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Just me again

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
my old TOTJO photo

Friends and Family
family.jpg

Do you know ?
How to Become a Jedi Knight?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
36 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 1
Guests: 35

MikeDoshi, more...

New Members Welcome!
oniwuvo 2018/5/26
CarmelO425 2018/5/26
ozohel 2018/5/25
uqyhuf 2018/5/25
NellieHino 2018/5/25
ofeju 2018/5/23
JaninaFray 2018/5/23
akyxo 2018/5/23
BeatrizMez 2018/5/22
ocuze 2018/5/22

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Jedi Unity

From Blair Nebraska, United States
Group:
Registered Users
It has come to my attention that the Jedi as a whole are a very broken community. We are not only few in number to begin with but we are also all seperated. Why are there multiple sites teaching and talking about the same things? I have looked through numerous Jedi affiliated sites now like the Jedi Sanctuary which to me is a mockery of our beliefs. The first thing I seen on that site was in big bold letters "NEW SITH TATTOO, !@#$ YEAH". As I continued through it seemed to me to be nothing but a fan site full of kids with big mouths who dont show respect for others which is the VERY FIRST TEACHING OF THE JEDI!!!!! and others I have looked at are almost identical to this one other than different people are doing the moderating. Now to me this means that there are people out there who would rather be in charge of a website than being a part of something larger. You are either a Jedi or you are not, no such thing as like a jedi that just means you are something else. And Jedi are nothing without the support of other Jedi. Being together is what makes us strong. Now I believe that in order to build anything first you need a strong foundation. I hate to say this but to me the foundation of the order is lacking. Something has to be done my friends, we are a joke to the greater part of the world. How are we supposed to help others if we cant even bring those of our own together to help ourselves?

Posted on: 2010/3/16 4:45

Edited by Ang-Kyoshi Roku on 2010/3/16 15:42:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Jedi Unity
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Within all the main religions you will find extreme points of views. It's just the way things are.

Live by example an be the example you wish the world to know. Some become Jedi to change the world, some become Jedi to changed themselves.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 8:07

Knight
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
There are many reasons (I believe) in the 'lack' of unity but essentially it is a 'flaw' within all branches of the Jedi faith.

WTF?

OK - do we not all agree that Jedi do not force their opinions on others? that we dont enforce fixed 'rules' on individuals beliefs etc?

Jediism is like christianity or many other faiths - different people have different takes or understandings and thus groups form to cater for the different ideas of the followers.

Some jedi like or agree with ranks, some dont, some like the idea of a clergy, some dont, some believe sith and grey and jedi are the same (all force followers) some dont - so on n so forth.

Your point about websites is valid in many ways - but also, i have visited many sites and never returned simply because I do not agree with the way things are done. So this alone 'forces' me to pick a side (for want of a better term).

My last point is this, and its only my opinion - that I as a jedi dont actually need any other jedi for 'support' etc its nice if its there, but I managed 20+ years without before finding any jedi community and im sure I can manage another 20+ years without.

Shouldnt a Jedi be self sufficient? and as for what others think of jedi - who cares?

Posted on: 2010/3/17 10:33

From Blair, Nebraska
Group:
Registered Users
A lot of great points were made about Jedi Unity.
However, is it not the Jedi way to extend a hand of friendship to those around us? Jedi or not?

Posted on: 2010/3/17 14:11

Master
From Neillsville, WI
Group:
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
It is the way of the Jedi to do so. Many of us belong (at least tentatively) to some of these other communities in the hope of unification...or at least common ground. The problem still exists that there is no actual, written, solid basis for being a Jedi and what we believe. Some sites are similar, others are way off to the left. The problem arises that we are all human (except Scythe...I think he is part Trandoshen) and all have egos. But it more than that...with unification also comes compromises, and eventhough we could live with some, could we live with them all? Better still, should we compromise our ways to something we feel lessens us to what we could be in the sake of have unity? All good questions.

JGD

Posted on: 2010/3/17 16:15

Apprentices:
Dina Gamal
Daloch
Glover
Dropped:
Lea
Max

Group:
Registered Users
It's been my own experience that the values of individual Sites differ. That is a good enough reason to have a different site I feel. A solid group do not agree with the Jedi concept as a faith with varying tolerance.

People that generally run an individual site and can stick around have a vision of what they want to make. If these people build a doctrine, a training coarse, or just a forum to talk on it is by their efforts. I would not call it ego.

Many people with many values, and they appreciate them differently. I think to make a long story short, instead of the "your not really a Jedi because this, this, and this...." the community tends to let people do as they feel instead of arguing a winnerless battle. So there are multiple sites with commonalities and stark diffrences.
And likely there is a site that resonates with you more than another because it speaks to what YOU value.

Posted on: 2010/3/18 11:53

Apprentice
From Berlin, Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
I think due to reasons already mentioned complete unity will hardly ever be achieved.
However that does not necessarily have to mean we won't move in that direction at all. There are a whole lot of people around wanting a more centralized structure and it will probably happen in the near future. Until then we should simply continue within the community we feel most comfortable with. Being a Jedi is a lifetime commitment. Never forget that. We don't have any reason to hurry, the main importance is living as close to our jedi-ideals as we can. Ranks and internal structural-issues should not become our main concern.
If we faithfully stay on our path in the force, destiny will decide.

May the living Force be with You.
Max

Posted on: 2010/3/18 12:36

Master
From Manhattan, NY
Group:
Jedi Consular
Spam Busters
Support Team
Knight
Message Board Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
See when you get down to it, it's not really about structure after all. The real problem in my opinion is tolerance. I've been to many a site in my time and I've never seen one that has the capacity, or really the security in itself, to tolerate others beliefs. The closest I've ever come to unity on a site is when I joined the old TOTJO. We have to just accept that it will never be exactly the way we envision it. There will always bee a difference of opinion amongst Jedi as to the nuances of the force and what should and shouldn't be taught. I've even had a difference of opinion amongst my own Padawans. Truth be told if they agreed with me on everything I'd think they were faking it. Being tolerant of others views forces us to grow as individuals, expanding our world view and our understanding of the more important inner world that exists in all of us. This expansion is how we grow. It's the lack of tolerance and the "my way or the highway" that has stunted the growth of this movement more then anything, including a set structure that so many people clamor for. Get down to brass tacks and most of the people calling for a set structure what it to be "their" set structure. Then they'll cry about no unity and no structure and go form their own sites. How does that help us? It doesn't. So if you want unity then the first step is to take a careful and brutally honest assessment of yourself. Do you have a capacity for tolerance? Do you truly respect the views of others? Do you try whenever you can to promote peace and loving-kindness? A Jedi's greatest enemy is not criminals or governments, it's him or herself. So will we ever have unity? I'm hopeful that we will. The first step though is for everyone to grow up and learn that this is a shared vision and dream. Acting like peace bringing adults and not squabbling children whenever our beliefs are challenged would help a whole bunch too. We can have unity, but only after these things are done.

Posted on: 2010/3/20 8:06

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Indeed.

“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.”

Posted on: 2010/3/20 14:49

Re: Jedi Unity TOTJO
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I've been talking to TOTJO in there reunification thread (which died out a long time ago but has recently been revived by myself). My thought is to have some sort of formal diplomatic relationship established. Where there members could share their philosophical views in some of our forums and likewise with them. The goal would be to bring Jedi sites closer together. Thoughts, feelings, hopes, and fears?

Posted on: 2013/11/12 12:16

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]