Temple of the Jedi Force : Would you move to a Temple Community? [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
TOTJF simple bumper sticker

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
My Hilt

Friends and Family
Spluska

Do you know ?
What is the 11th teaching of all Jedi?

Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (12 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...

New Members Welcome!
Cosmic_Jedi 2019/12/5
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18)

Re: Would you move to a Temple Community?
Apprentice
From Northern Florida, United States
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
I joined as well. One thing I would like to point out is that a pure JEDI community would be segregating. A Jedi's path is not one of solitude.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 19:11

Knight
From Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Brother Tyco, a pure Jedi community in a real life temple wouldn't have to be segregating. It would attempt to reflect the movie's methods, I think, in a reasonable and beneficial way. It may also be more akin to Luke Skywalker's Jedi Temple in regards to functionality due to our version of Jediism being much more similar to his.

The temple itself would likely be in or near enough to a city that the Jedi could walk into town to tend to some of the temple's needs including shopping for necessities. Family would not be forbidden nor frowned upon. It would simply be a quiet place to train, meditate, teach, and learn. There Jedi could live as Jedi without distraction and without becoming disconnected from the world we strive to serve. No doubt the temple would occasionally take part in community services and charity acts to show how Jedi try to help others. Solitude would not be a problem.

Posted on: 2015/11/4 15:20

Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
I just think that if it is out of the way, then we are not doing everything we can for our communities. We're essentially leaving our own to private ourselves from the world. Apologies for being so frank.

Posted on: 2015/11/4 16:24

Knight
From Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
No need for apologies, I think it's mostly a hypothetical matter anyways. The odds of a temple being built unless a Jedi wins the lottery or gets a big enough group together in one spot are fairly slim. Regardless, being able to discuss concerns and ideas is important for a number of reasons and, should the right ideas fall into place with the right people, it may increase the possibility of one such temple being built in a way and location by which it may thrive.

Anyways, it all depends on how far out of the way the temple is. There are many places in which a temple could be built and honestly a mountaintop temple has the smallest chance for success of any kind for Jedi. What's more likely is a temple out in the country or just outside a town/city for being out of the way. In either case community service could be a short bus ride away. If the temple is large enough, and especially if one or more Jedi happen to have some mechanical skills, the temple may even have its own bus.

It is also possible to have a temple that is not so out of the way. In Charleston, South Carolina, there is a Buddhist Temple somewhere in the middle of the city. They open their doors to outsiders in the mornings several days a week and perform some community service, but still have plenty of time for solitude in order to practice meditation and other parts of their path.

So whoever were to start a temple would have to decide how far out of the way they want it to be compared to how accessible they want it to be. In that "accessible" means both for outsiders to visit and for the Jedi to serve their community.

Posted on: 2015/11/6 7:57

Jedi Initiate
From Florida, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to get a large enough group together that is seriously determined to make a temple happen. I would be honored if you would join our group.

Posted on: 2015/11/6 12:48

"Do not let schooling interfere with your education" -Mark Twain

“A Jedi can’t get so caught up in matters of galactic importance that it interferes with his concern for individual people.” -Yoda (Heir to the
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Initiates
Jedi Consular
I would advise you to join there are some really good ideas being developed

Posted on: 2015/11/23 14:29

Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Agreed.

Posted on: 2015/11/23 20:39

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.