Temple of the Jedi Force : Individuality (The Birth of Being, according to me) [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
C-3PO's Mother - Metropolis (1926)

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
1348598710569.jpg

Do you know ?
That there is a list of Teachings and Guidelines for Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
48 user(s) are online (12 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 48

more...

New Members Welcome!
HaydenB067 2018/11/15
ScotFrier 2018/11/15
ifacyzygo 2018/11/15
JayCross25 2018/11/15
ugowazax 2018/11/14
KeenanColb 2018/11/14
AmeeWorden 2018/11/14
ChesterAsh 2018/11/14
JosetteCan 2018/11/14
LeonoreX90 2018/11/14

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Individuality (The Birth of Being, according to me)
Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
I'm going to start this topic with a story I wrote a couple years back, consider it my version of Genesis.

In the beginning, before such a concept had meaning, there was energy. This energy was composed of Light & Dark, & both gave form to the other.

The Light said to the darkness, “How vast & beautiful you are. You shall surround & permeate all things.” To which the Darkness responded, “How bright, & glorious you are. It pierces my very essence, I shall surround you on all sides & you shall shine like a jewel.” Together they formed a multifaceted jewel. The Dark gave form to the facets & the Light made it shine.

The jewel awoke & marveled at its creators and its many facets .The Light peering through them, & the Darkness peering at them, each of the facets marveling at their creators & one another. All made of the same energies, the same consciousness, & possessing consciousnesses of their own.

Then the facets began making forms for themselves, each different from the others & finding that they could change them. They then said to one another, “Let us make a place for ourselves, of ourselves, we that are all things.” Thus was created the multiverse, & in it life, & the many levels of consciousness.

۞

Eons passed, forms begot forms. While some facets of the jewel chose the forms of animals and plants, others began to favor the form of humanoids.

The first, humanoids could keep their forms longer, before returning to their original facet forms. They could also use the Light & the Dark to do wonders by shining the light through themselves & giving shape to it with the Darkness, as could their brothers of other forms.
Over time most men had forgotten that they were, like all things, a facet of this jewel. Those who forgot passed this forgetfulness on to their offspring, & to their offspring’s offspring. Those who remembered still & saw this fog of forgetfulness wash over their brothers were saddened & fought to keep the memory alive though their numbers were thinning.

In ignorance the forgetful clung to the forms they had chosen before birth, & thus was born Fear. The forgetful, fearing an end to their existence after death having forgotten “the all” that was the jewel they were a part of; sought to gather to themselves possessions that would help them stay alive longer & bring them solace. Some had more luck than others. Those who had less wanted to take some, if not all of their possessions. Thus was born Greed, & Envy. Greed & Envy begot, Hate. Hate begot Murder & War. The forgetful Feared the offspring of Fear. Though none of these things are inherently “bad”, they simply “are”.

Life was to be a process of experience, learning, & eternal progression. Experience is why we created this place for ourselves, of ourselves. Experience is why we return, even in the presence of ignorance. We learn to remember & experience “the all” through eternal progression. Death is a return to ourselves, a reminder of what we are, & why we come back.
------------------------------------------------------------

What I'm getting at in part here is that in a sense individuality though an illusion, can be a usefull tool for learning. Without it, we would not be able to express ourselves to "ourselves". The expression of individuality can be beautiful. However we should be careful, as it can be a trap into forgetfulness & suffering. Don't fear to lose your individuality, for we all have(are) a different peice of the puzzle of being. Nothing of value can ever be truly lost, only forgoten. Separation & therefore individuality is an illusion, or another way of putting it is it's a language where all the words have much deeper meanings than those imediately percieved. There is no movement you can make that does not effect every other thing in existence. When you move or act, all things move & act with you; even if the ripples are subtle beyond comprehension, they are there.

...Probably more on this later, but I feel that's as good a start as any.

Posted on: 2010/12/16 0:17

Re: Individuality (The Birth of Being, according to me)
Apprentice
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Interesting J! mind if i post this in my journal?

Posted on: 2010/12/17 20:40

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
I don't mind at all. Also any feedback, as always, is welcome & appreciated.

Posted on: 2010/12/17 23:15

Master
From Nebraska
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Webmasters
Masters
wow ... very well written i actually have read it a few times again and again truly impressive... So in essence like the fingers of our hands which each is unique they are all connected to the larger being?
so now then in our life experiences,,, what is it that makes us unique? also an interesting thought occurs to me does awareness of our connection to everything alter our current state of uniqueness?

Posted on: 2010/12/19 17:15

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
so the thing that makes us unique... what i feel it all boils down to is our life experiences to date come together to make for a unique perspective, a personal outlook per-se, that will in many cases be similar to others' outlooks, but never 100% the same. The experiences we've had to date will give us reason to look at the world in a different way, if only slightly. Like the facets of the "jewel" I mentioned, we all have the same essence & core being rooted in existence itself, but each facet of that jewel faces in a different direction if only sightly.

"...does awareness of our connection to everything alter our current state of uniqueness?"

My best theory on that is that yes it does. In essence, every observation we make & grow from adds to the perspective we function under (the thing that makes You "you"). The awareness of connection just adds another layer to that perspective.

Posted on: 2010/12/20 3:39

Group:
Registered Users
some very interesting writings. I'll have to do some contemplation about this when I'm more rested

Posted on: 2010/12/20 3:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From Nebraska
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Webmasters
Masters
We tend to hold on to our individuality regardless of awareness.. How does this hold we keep on our unique self affect our interactions with others? How does the way we choose to express ourselves affect those around us?

Posted on: 2010/12/20 6:16

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
Quote:
We tend to hold on to our individuality regardless of awareness..

Yes, even if it is only a small enough part of it that we can easily find our way back to that singular perspective. That has been my experience thus far anyways.

Quote:
How does this hold we keep on our unique self affect our interactions with others?How does the way we choose to express ourselves affect those around us?

I suppose that would depend on how tightly we grip our sense of self. You'll notice in a good many people, any time they feel like they are about to be proven wrong in something they previously held true they feel/act like their sense of self is about to be extinguished. Like it WOULD kill them to be wrong, or sillier yet, allow someone else to be right.
When we hold tightly to our sense of self, & identify with it, we are more likely to behave in an unconsiously hostile manner. When we allow our "individuality" to flow with the moment & we use it as a point of reference or a tool for communication. We then see that it is ok for someone else to be right, & that does not even have to mean that you were wrong. It means that they can be right too. In this way I feel we can achieve a much better sense of inner peace, & maintain it at all times.

Posted on: 2010/12/20 10:48

Master
From Nebraska
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Webmasters
Masters
very nice perspective .. now what demands does our unique individuality place on social interactions?

Posted on: 2010/12/21 18:44

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but I'll do my best to answer anyways.
Well, considering our own personalities are limited to using our personal past as a reference point (as long as we are currently identifying with the POV associated with that form)... Then one could logically conclude that one's experiences to date could either help or hinder the communication between individuals depending on the point of view of the responding party & context of the interactions at that moment.

Posted on: 2010/12/22 23:53

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]