Temple of the Jedi Force : I am new [Message Boards - Jedi Initiate Resources (Explore here first)]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Out of the darkness...a light of hope...

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
lightsaber sketch #1

Friends and Family
Me.

Do you know ?
What the 15th teaching of the Jedi is?

Who's Online
37 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 37

more...

New Members Welcome!
Cosmic_Jedi 2019/12/5
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

I am new

From Nottingham
Group:
Registered Users
I am Ellie, I am new.
I've always been looking through Religions and such since I doubted mine when I was 13. But ever since I've been getting more and more into Star Wars itself, I've been reading up on Jedi-ism and it makes sense to me. I want to learn more and more.

Can you lot help me?

Posted on: 2011/4/28 1:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: I am new
Apprentice
From CO
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Greeting HuiYaMing and welcome to our little temple. I am still new here myself, joined just a bit over a week now, and am happy to help as I can.

To use a greeting from Apprentice JenariOborot...

"Welcome to the Temple! I recommend you post as much as possible, & ask any questions you want of any of us. We'll all be glad to help. If one of us can't answer your questions, we'll at least be able to point you at someone who can.

To start out: In the "Training journal" part of the forum start your "Younling Journal" in the first post & tell us a little about yourself and why you decided to join our temple & what brought you to the path, what you feel you can learn here. After that start on the Jedi Code, Creed, 3 Tenants, the Vows, and 16 Teachings. The object is to write your view/interpretation on each item in those areas and how you can use and incorporate them in to your daily life.
Don't forget to pace your posts on your interpretations of the doctrine. (that's my personal preference anyways, it makes your posts easier to follow & over time will show your growth.)

May the Force be with you, & again welcome!"

I am still working on the 3 tenets, and will be moving on to the teachings and vows after that. For me, this first step has been wonderful, and has added to my certainty that I am on the right path.

There is a lot of great info to be found here, but it does take a bit of looking. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. All from Initiate to Master are more than happy to help.

Posted on: 2011/4/28 15:28

Apprenticed to Master Nemo

From Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Another Brit? :) welcome to the site.

Posted on: 2011/4/28 15:38

Apprentice
From Everywhere
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
WLccOMe MYY FrienDD GOod LUcK on your JOURNEY....and such

Posted on: 2011/4/28 21:36

Master (USA)
From Lincolnton, NC
Group:
Registered Users
Masters
Apprentice
Knight
Hi Ellie! It's always good to see a new face come in from time to time. When I first came, I too was overwhelmed with the different options, avenues, and variations to how one might practice Jediism. My suggestion to you would be to keep an open mind, try to figure out what is important to you and study in that path. With hard work and dedication, your mind can open to any and all kinds of information. But, what you learn, is totally up to you.

It has been a very long while since I was last here, but I can tell you, that when I was, I was engaged, challenged, frustrated, and even liberated. I was the happiest I had ever been. My closest friends that still wander these halls have varying degrees of differences in how they choose to utilize the faith in their lives, but I am happy to say, that we all co-exist and challenge eachother, even to this day.

I personally did a lot of observing, rubbing elbows, asking questions and spent a great deal in chat. I was finally able to get set up with a master who believed as I did and continued my studies with her. To this day, I am still a Christian Jedi, though it has been hard for me to participate much anymore.

May the force be with you and God bless. Good luck on your journey!

Posted on: 2011/4/30 2:48

Master
From Neillsville, WI
Group:
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Greetings and Welcome to the Temple,

Normally, I would give my standard greeting and instruction of how to get started, but since that is done already, let me simply say 'Welcome to the Temple'.

We all come from various backgrounds and histories, but as Master Rachat had said, we all get together here with harmony. There are days when it varies, but we appreciate everyone's view and varying interpretation of what it is to be a Jedi. No two Jedi are alike...and that is a good thing.

So, as Star Streaker mentioned from Jen'ari's post to him, start a Journal with us to begin you next steps into a much larger world. Also, as Master Rachat said, take your time here. Read (and comment to) as many posts and threads that you can and find interest in. We have a long history, and so much information. And feel free to ask questions...that is what we are here for.

May the Force be With You,
Jedi Grayson Dark

Posted on: 2011/4/30 6:21

Apprentices:
Dina Gamal
Daloch
Glover
Dropped:
Lea
Max

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
Welcome Ellie as you can tell you are welcomed in w open arms and we urge you to ask any questions you have. This Online Temple is a great place to meet new people, learn new things, and find yourself.

Posted on: 2011/5/1 7:17

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

"The Force will be with you, always"

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.