Temple of the Jedi Force : Chat about time/space & Now. [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Cdaae's Finished Lightsabre

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Knight Hilt Progress: Engraving Design on Handle--version 1

Friends and Family
me and themost beautiful girl

Do you know ?
What the 14th teaching of the Jedi is?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
33 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 33

more...

New Members Welcome!
MohammadEa 2018/11/20
Zachery93Z 2018/11/20
RefugiaVan 2018/11/20
Marcia6383 2018/11/19
AmeliaCost 2018/11/19
LyleLeahy 2018/11/19
KristineKi 2018/11/19
Nichole949 2018/11/19
JosephD38 2018/11/19
KattieMand 2018/11/18

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Chat about time/space & Now.
Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
This is a re-post of the chat from this evening for those who wanted it, & those who weren't there but may be interested:
------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome! You have entered [Temple Lobby] at 8:38 pm
/backtime 10
[] 8:29 pm: Nothing wrong with geeky! Geeky is great! :) Reminds me of something Sean Day[9] Plott said - there is nothing cooler than someone being passionate about something. I take it everyone here is an enthusiast with regards to the Force and the Jedi way.
[] 8:33 pm: heyh
[] 8:33 pm: evening everyone
[] 8:34 pm: Hello!
[] 8:34 pm: greetings cdaae
[] 8:34 pm: Hello!
[] 8:34 pm: how are you guys?
[] 8:34 pm: good...yourself?
[] 8:35 pm: Not too shabby, thank you
[] 8:36 pm: i hope im not intruding on anything
[] 8:36 pm: not at all
[] 8:36 pm: Not at all.
[] 8:36 pm: Darn. Im a slow typer today!
[] 8:36 pm: Its not a problem:)
[JenariOborot] 8:38 pm: Welcome to the Temple Chat.
[] 8:38 pm: Hi Cdaae, I Jenari! :)
[JenariOborot] 8:38 pm: WORD, FIZZLES!
[] 8:38 pm: lol
[] 8:38 pm: still having trouble spelling today?
[] 8:39 pm: Good evening Jenari!
[JenariOborot] 8:39 pm: yes. but not as bad.
[] 8:39 pm: Evening Jenari, Rozen
[JenariOborot] 8:40 pm: How goes everyone's evening?
[] 8:40 pm: lots of hot topics tonight lol
[] 8:41 pm: Quite informative, haha.
[] 8:41 pm: Hello!
[] 8:41 pm: Pretty peaceful out here
[] 8:41 pm: lol agreed Rozen;)
[JenariOborot] 8:41 pm: Oh? What're we on about tonight?
[] 8:42 pm: many things
[JenariOborot] 8:42 pm: *crickets*
[] 8:43 pm: Anything on anyones mind that they would want to discuss?
[] 8:43 pm: let us discuss if the Force takes into considerationg time or if it is works on a level not influenced by time?
[] 8:44 pm: Well, Karen seemed like she was starting to delve into psionics...
[] 8:44 pm: Both seem like very interesting topics
[JenariOborot] 8:44 pm: Oh, Holy SHT! Karen! I didn't see you there! HI!
[] 8:44 pm: or karens topic...which is much more exciting then the random ting I came up with
[] 8:45 pm: I'm all over Google and digging through my books on things about psionics now, haha:)
[] 8:45 pm: and looking at her guides as well.
[] 8:45 pm: Karens site is very good, www.shiftedperspectives.net if i remember correctly
[] 8:46 pm: Ah! Thank you!
[JenariOborot] 8:47 pm: Personally Zon, I think it does both.
[JenariOborot] 8:47 pm: but you've heard my rant on the subject before.
[] 8:47 pm: Not a problem:) happy to help
[] 8:47 pm: this is true I have :P
[] 8:48 pm: *chuckles* actually we only got halfway through that rant, Jenari
[] 8:48 pm: yes so you have to start all over
[JenariOborot] 8:48 pm: ...did we? Where did I leave off?
[] 8:48 pm: lets hear it
[JenariOborot] 8:49 pm: crap.... what have I gotten myself into this time. :faint:
[] 8:49 pm: bwahahaha
[] 8:50 pm: haha:)
[] 8:50 pm: just before the malleability of space/time
[] 8:50 pm: oh! haha thats a great place to start!
[JenariOborot] 8:52 pm: ok, I'll try to give it a shot I guess but I don't recall exactly where I was going with it.
[JenariOborot] 8:52 pm: so a brief re-cap for those who were'nt there for the earlier part of it a week or so ago:
[JenariOborot] 8:54 pm: Time is a relative concept based on the position of one's self to the nearest source of light. In all actuality time does not exist as it is traditionally thought of, IE: it is non-linear.
[JenariOborot] 8:55 pm: Not only is time non-linear, it goes in all directions (all possilities happening) at the same time. All of these times are now, because there is no other time that actually exists.
[JenariOborot] 8:56 pm: The past happened now, & the future will happen when it is now.
[] 8:57 pm: if i may, how does this affect things like deja vu? what are your thoughts on how it works?
[JenariOborot] 8:57 pm: There are points in "time" that cross over itself, these are fixed points in time/history/future. They can not be changed without changing the entire pattern.
[] 8:58 pm: very interesting. Please continue with your train of thought
[JenariOborot] 8:59 pm: Getting there Cdaae, that's actually a point I intend to touch upon (though is entirely theoretical for me, as I've experienced nothing to confirm my beliefs RE: deja vu)
[] 8:59 pm: my apologies
[JenariOborot] 8:59 pm: no worries.
[JenariOborot] 8:59 pm: gives me a moment to gather my thoughts.
[] 9:00 pm: Im interested to hear this deja vu point., though im completely interested in this non-linear time concept.
[] 9:00 pm: and apologies to the interuption.
[JenariOborot] 9:02 pm: hold a moment, thinking on how best to explain.
[JenariOborot] 9:02 pm: ah. there I was. ok I remember.
[JenariOborot] 9:03 pm: So, between these fixed points are flexible points that CAN be changed.
[JenariOborot] 9:03 pm: a good example of this would be:
[JenariOborot] 9:05 pm: say for instance, you went back in time to a point in your youth where your were going to lose a baby tooth in a few days & you show your younger self how to pull that tooth in a more effective way. That tooth because of your actions come out earlier than it did previously.
[JenariOborot] 9:06 pm: This is a felxible point in space time. Changing this kind of event would not change time as we know it.
[JenariOborot] 9:07 pm: An example of a fixed point in time is an event in Adolf Hitler's youth:
[JenariOborot] 9:08 pm: When he was an infant, his parents were going on a vacation. (Mind you the details aren't that important here, but the events are)
[JenariOborot] 9:09 pm: They were driving up along side a mountain in austria with their child (adolf) in the back seat, & coming down the other side was a beer truck.
[JenariOborot] 9:10 pm: The beer truck's brakes had failed, & it's driver was having trouble controling the vehicle.
[JenariOborot] 9:11 pm: Historically, the truck went over the edge & killed the driver.
[JenariOborot] 9:11 pm: But what would have happened had the driver instead crashed into Hitler's parents car?
[JenariOborot] 9:12 pm: (answers welcome)
[] 9:12 pm: It could have very well changed who he became.
[] 9:12 pm: Anything could have happened
[] 9:12 pm: How does one know what is a flexible point or a fixed point? With regards to one's self, and for others? Especially if things are happening in all directions at once? Unless you mean to say, for every given moment there are an infinite number of alternate dimensions being created to cover all possibilities?
[JenariOborot] 9:13 pm: it would have killed him.
[] 9:13 pm: he could have been sole survivor, sole fatality, disabled for life...
[] 9:13 pm: That could have a potential to rewrite how we changed from there to a completely different Earth? I mean, our expieriences make us.
[] 9:13 pm: string theory...esc
[] 9:13 pm: since his parents, even though he wasnt fond of them, had a large role in his life. it could have prevented everything
[] 9:13 pm: And on another track, not the answer but related,and I apologize for it, but what are your thoughts, Jenari, with this movement in time, Im hesitant to say time travel, but,is it a concious movement in time or more something subconcious or ?
[JenariOborot] 9:14 pm: yes zon, this dos have to do with string theory though I'm less familiar with the details of how string theory works.
[] 9:14 pm: Waves, i believe Jenari means flexible points are things that can change and will not affect too much. changing fixed points however would change a lot
[] 9:14 pm: How does anyone know what will change anything?
[] 9:16 pm: String theory basically states multiple dimensions can have multiple outcomes for the same action, and could turn out the exact same or completely different. You really dont, some people might be able to see a pivotal moment coming in their life, but most probably wont see it until after its happened. Is this how you would consider it Jenari?
[JenariOborot] 9:16 pm: @waves initially you don't. however, it is possible to learn how to recognise how patterns are unfolding how they would normally go, & how they would go if you did something differently than you would normally be inclined to,.'
[JenariOborot] 9:17 pm: @Kathari : (sorry for the slower responses) *typing*
[JenariOborot] 9:18 pm: It is possible to do consciously, but I doubt physically. & happens subconsciously all the time, but is noticed more by people who experience precognition.
[] 9:19 pm: I must sign out for the nigiht, if someone would catch me up on how these theories unravel id be most appreciative. MTFBWY
[Temple Lobby]: has left at 9:19 pm
[] 9:19 pm: :) <3 Cdaae lol
[JenariOborot] 9:20 pm: @cdaae (sorry you had to go, I'll PM you a saved versoin of the chat.)
[] 9:21 pm: I really ought to go and meditate before sleep for the night, but im too intrigued by the conversation.
[] 9:21 pm: ^^
[JenariOborot] 9:21 pm: & to answer her question, yes she is mostly right. (more coming)\
[JenariOborot] 9:21 pm: I can pm the saved chat to you as well if you need it Kathari
[] 9:21 pm: maybe Jenari will setup a timed debate...next week to discuss the topic...and he can be nice and prepared?
[JenariOborot] 9:22 pm: lol, unlikely
[] 9:23 pm: lol
[] 9:24 pm: I am going to head to bed myself, back to the gold mine tomorrow. :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jenari. Nice to see everyone again! Have a great night! :)
[] 9:24 pm: lol Work WOrk
[Temple Lobby]: has left at 9:24 pm
[] 9:24 pm: bows to Waves
[JenariOborot] 9:24 pm: RE: more of Cdaae's question: You can learn to see that pivitol moment as it's hapening. Remember it is always NOW, but which now your consciousness is residing in is up to you (with enough training). You can slow the current progression of now to a crawl.
[JenariOborot] 9:25 pm: or stop it entirely.
[JenariOborot] 9:27 pm: sorry, I got a phone call. Where was I?
[] 9:27 pm: how does one slow something that technically isnt moving?
[JenariOborot] 9:29 pm: but it is moving. just not linearly. More like a mobius strip. or you can think of now as being a single point on the surface of a taurus.
[JenariOborot] 9:30 pm: & you don't slow it, you slow your self relative to it's natural progression.
[] 9:30 pm: ahhh
[] 9:30 pm: Alas, I have to go, but I really enjoyed the discussion tonight! If it isnt too much trouble and/or anyone would like to give me a summary of the rest of the theory dissection/conversation I would be appreciative! Night and MTFBWY!
[Temple Lobby]: has left at 9:30 pm
[JenariOborot] 9:30 pm: can do.
[] 9:30 pm: sadly it is my bed time too :(
[] 9:30 pm: ahh I follow
[JenariOborot] 9:31 pm: damn.
[] 9:31 pm: lol looks like you're off the hook Jenari :)
[JenariOborot] 9:31 pm: ok, I guess I should leave off here? or should I continue with Roz, & PM you the results?
[] 9:31 pm: This is such a good topic, it would go great on theboard!
[] 9:31 pm: you'd be preaching to the choir, I think
[JenariOborot] 9:32 pm: could be.
[] 9:32 pm: *one person is not a choir...they are just a singer*
[] 9:32 pm: not if you're an Ithorian
[] 9:32 pm: lol
[JenariOborot] 9:32 pm: LOL!
[] 9:32 pm: May the Force be with you all
[Temple Lobby]: has left at 9:33 pm
[] 9:33 pm: Goodnight Zon :)
[JenariOborot] 9:33 pm: either way, just to touch breifly on the question of deja vu, & precog for that matter...
[Temple Lobby]: has left at 9:33 pm
[JenariOborot] 9:34 pm: because time does not move linearly, & wraps back into itself. our consciousness eventually experiences every perspective of every consciousness.
[JenariOborot] 9:35 pm: that is why Roz, when you have a vision it looks so "3d"
[] 9:35 pm: *nods* holographic universe
[JenariOborot] 9:36 pm: because, I am you technically.
[JenariOborot] 9:36 pm: just billions of "years" in the future or past.
[] 9:36 pm: The interconnected idea of the holographic universe = holographic mind. This was used as support for 'man made in the image of god', if I'm not mistaken
[JenariOborot] 9:36 pm: & billions might be a bit small of a number to represent it realistically, but you get what I mean.
[JenariOborot] 9:37 pm: yup
[JenariOborot] 9:37 pm: you is correct.
[] 9:38 pm: :) hooray
[JenariOborot] 9:38 pm: Yet another reason why the "golden rule" is so important.
[JenariOborot] 9:39 pm: by causing ANY suffering, you are litterally doing it to yourself.
[JenariOborot] 9:40 pm: *addition to a previous statement (every perspective, every consciousness): In every possibility.
[] 9:41 pm: OH, I thought you were talking about Phi
[JenariOborot] 9:41 pm: ... I think that may be my whole rant...
[] 9:41 pm: huh, same difference I suppose
[JenariOborot] 9:41 pm: Phi?
[] 9:41 pm: Golden Mean, my brain misfired
[] 9:41 pm: Pi
[JenariOborot] 9:42 pm: *saving conversation here*

Posted on: 2012/3/8 23:53

Re: Chat about time/space & Now.
Knight
From Kansas
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Jedi Consular
Many thanks Jenari! Hopefully we'll all be able to continue this discussion soon.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 8:51

May the Force be with you.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
Hmm.... for some reason it took out everyone's names except mine. well that's odd.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 13:10

Master
From Nebraska
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Webmasters
Masters
Hmmmm.... so when will this convo be continued ? i would love to join if no one objects.. ;) its kinda neat that you mentioned multiple dimensions alongside the the aspect of time. here is a thought to ponder that perhaps you may consider touching upon for the next session.. with time being non linear , is it constant? ie.. will it only appear to be slightly different from one dimension to the next or is time
realevent to its place in each dimensional space. oooohh..and the grander thought.. can alterations in time affect multiple dimensions...

Posted on: 2012/3/13 15:33

Knight
From Kansas
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Jedi Consular
When we continue this and you finish your views Jenari, I'd love to pop in with how I think non-linear time works with precognition if I may.

Tempest you pose some interesting ideas, hopefully you can be in when we finish it.

*bows*

Posted on: 2012/3/13 20:35

May the Force be with you.

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
Well Tempest, the thing is it's not really on a set schedule. It just kinda happens when it does, & anyone present when it happens is welcome.

Posted on: 2012/3/13 22:48

Apprentice
From North Carolina
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
As I was reading over this, because I was really interested in this conversation, I caught one part: "I am your mother" I think was the sentence, or something along those lines. Is this like, I want to say it is the Hindu view with reincarnation? They dont say time isnt linear, or overlapping, I dont believe, not exactly, but they do say that in the end we will end up being connected with others? I remember learning/talking about how they say that I was once your mother, and you were once my mother and we were once all each other's mothers. Do you mean something like that? That with the time circling and overlapping and being non-linear that we will eventually all end up experiencing these different roles? (Not reincarnation specifically or anything.)

Posted on: 2012/3/14 21:14

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
Yes, exactly what I mean (& I suspect they mean the same thing). Keep in mind however, these are simply my views, beliefs, and what I have been taught from teachers, books, & my own ideas and visions. I only have one piece of the puzzle, as it were. A few on a good day.

Posted on: 2012/3/14 22:56

Apprentice
From North Carolina
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Really, we can only ever have our on views, but I think that it is often our views are supported and evidenced by the views of others. We don't, like you said, have all the pieces of the puzzle, so we have to rely on the pieces that others have to complete our own view, and so hence, it all ties together eventually.

Then again, with this theory of overlap and non-linearity, our own view is your view and so on,until eventually we've all at some point held each separate point, yes? And Im also interested in this precognition, along with Cdaae, and deja vu/ jamais vu concepts as well.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 11:34

Master
From Nebraska
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Webmasters
Masters
Quote:
That with the time circling and overlapping and being non-linear that we will eventually all end up experiencing these different roles? (Not reincarnation specifically or anything.)

Here is an interesting thought... what if instead of "we will end up experiencing".. we are currently experiencing.. what if . its kinda like singing a song while washing the dishes. are hands they are doing one thing our mouths another. and at the same time our minds are drifting to the emotions and memories that we relate to the music and the over all feel of the day....

@jenari I hope i am on to join the next session ...

Posted on: 2012/3/18 8:34

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]