Temple of the Jedi Force : Creating a Force Realists Healing Art [Message Boards - Force Healers]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
JUVEHIL KAE -- JEDI READY

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
external.jpg

Friends and Family
blah

Do you know ?
Your email address can be changed, but it must be done for good reason and proper verification.

Who's Online
32 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 32

more...

New Members Welcome!
DonnaH2820 2019/6/17
BethTru835 2019/6/16
MelodyOliv 2019/6/16
MartyMccai 2019/6/16
ClementSio 2019/6/15
KarolynSte 2019/6/14
PearlHardi 2019/6/13
JulieParki 2019/6/13
Mable18N7 2019/6/13
ElsieAlonz 2019/6/13

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Creating a Force Realists Healing Art
Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Sparked by Spark's most recent topic at the FA:

I know some of you have this mentality that only your form of energy healing works. But I want to know what specifically in either the philosophy and/or energy focus you believe makes it work. I am interested in knowing because getting together a list of what it is that people believe make their art superior to another form might help in building a completely new form. So through out your ideas, and let's see what we can compile. I'm going to throw this topic on a few other boards as well.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 7:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Creating a Force Realists Healing Art
Knight
From Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
From what I was taught love and compassion are required for healing as well as a belief that will work by the practitioner and the patient. I don't believe any one method is the only method though and for that I have a quote to share.

In this quote Tanaka, a Japanese swordsman, is sitting down for a cup of tea with Wushu Master Huo before they compete the next day. This is from the movie "Fearless" staring Jet Li as Huo.

"Tanaka: Mr. Huo, according to what you say, you don’t really know the
nature of tea.

Huo: It’s not that I don’t know. I don’t really want to know. Because I don’t care about evaluating teas. Tea is tea.

Tanaka: But each tea has its own character and properties.

Huo: What is the purpose of grading? These many teas are grown in nature, all of them.
Is there a discernible difference?

Tanaka: Yes, once you learn this, you can tell the difference between
teas.

Huo: What you say may be right, but the way I see it is, the tea doesn’t judge itself. It’s people that judge its grading. Different people choose different things. As for me, as far as I’m concerned, I just don’t want to make any choice.

Tanaka: – Is that so?

Huo: – Drining tea is a mood, really. If you are in a good mood, the grade of tea doesn’t matter.

Tanaka: I never looked at it like that. I understand that there are many wushu fighting styles. Are you saying that no style is greater than another?

Huo: That’s what I’m saying.

Tanaka: If that is true, I want to ask you, if wushu does not differ in any way, why do we fight each other?

Huo: I believe for all the styles of wushu, there is no single one that is superior. All of those who practice different styles of wushu, they would naturally have a different level of skill. Through competition, we can discover ourselves.

Tanaka: What you just said makes me have more respect for you."

It isn't the method that should be up for debate, really, but our skill with it. What works for one person may not work for another and that doesn't prove either method as inferior. It simply means the two rely on different methods.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 12:12

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
No system is superior to any other. The more options a healer has the better he will be at healing. It's the Bruce Lee approach applied to healing. Bruce Lee said study everything, keep only what works for you and discard the rest. Then put everything together you kept and make it yours, own it.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 12:31

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
The original message was posted at FA...seems I've been doing a lot of explaining on my wording! lol.

Anyways, the reason it is worded that way is because there is an individual that swears up and down ONLY Qigong/Neigong is a legitimate energy healing art because of the documentation on it.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 15:40

Knight
From Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
In Oregon State here in America there is a college that teaches reiki healing techniques. It's considered an official although not proven method of alternative medical care.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 19:21

Master
From Washington USA
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Message Board Moderator
Jedi Consular
Training in Reiki can provide some college credits for RN degrees in some states as well, if you go through the International Center for Reiki training... just food for thought.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 20:01

Rumi

Knight
From Houston Tx
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
I do not believe that one art is superior to another, but that the exactness of the art varies depending on technique. I do Kiatsu, which is typically done through the fingertips. however when treating general areas, the entire palm can be used or even an elbow for stronger Ki flow into a damaged area.

That being said, I also do Massage and Shiatsu - they are all good techniques, but each one focuses on a different set of symptoms and has different ways of administering treatment. One's style bias comes from which technique is more natural for the practitioner.

(My two cents on the matter - nothing me :D)

With Ki,
Dina/Spooks

Posted on: 2012/4/29 20:48

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
I concur with the other who have posted that there is not one state of healing that is superior to the others. Some ones method may work better for them then some one elses so they prefer and recommend it. But I have never seen anyone on here proclaim they're beliefs or healing process is any better then any one elses.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 21:16

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

"The Force will be with you, always"

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
A lot of you are focused on the wrong part of the OP. I am sure all of your techniques work, that isn't what I am asking. I am asking "Why do you believe your technique works?"

Is it your focus? Is it rapport with the patient? Is it the philosophy (I know Reiki has a philosophy behind it, which is passive, I know a couple of people that believe in more aggressive tactics, etc). Is it the fact that the healing form utilizes a group of people? Do you believe it works because it is hands on? Etc, etc.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 5:50

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
You answered your own question.