Temple of the Jedi Force : Attending a Buddist Center [Message Boards - Buddhist Perspectives on Jediism]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
Jedi Grayson Dark...ready for action!

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
saber.jpg

Friends and Family
blah

Do you know ?
The three primary tenents of Jediism

Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...

New Members Welcome!
musicy09 2020/6/26
Youroko 2020/6/23
Allada_Skydo 2020/6/23
Sojoy85 2020/6/14
Roth-DelLestin 2020/6/4
BackwoodsJedi 2020/5/28
wacarp71 2020/5/23
gu1hjujtbrk2 2020/3/12
SunnydaleWarrior 2020/1/28
Davin_Berus 2020/1/1

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Attending a Buddist Center

From Darlington
Group:
Registered Users
Hey there,

here in my town we have a Buddist Meditation Center, and i was wondering if anybody here has been to one or uses one at all?If so what is it like? I am very interested in going to the one in my town.

Rash-Fires

Posted on: 2014/4/25 12:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Attending a Buddist Center
Master
From Oregon USA
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Message Board Moderator
Jedi Consular
I volunteer at the Sakya Monastery in my 'neighborhood', and host meditation retreats occasionally. I would recommend looking up their website and contacting any liaison about any questions or concerns you may have. Some of the more common questions might include:

Do they have an open visit, or do they host specific sessions
What to wear to a meditation
Courteous conduct
Acceptable charitable donations (where necessary/if there is an instructor)

Hope this points you in the right direction, Fires. Let us all know how things go if you do visit!

Posted on: 2014/4/25 17:26

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
The experience is worth it.

Posted on: 2014/4/25 19:03

Apprentice
From Rochester, NY
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
I went to a Buddhist temple once (not sure if temple is the correct terminology :P) ..they have open meditations certain days of the week.. I was actually a little turned off from Buddhism by this visit. although it was about a year ago and I was in a very weird state then.. I sat for the half of the meditation then there was a break where we could go talk to some head monk dude for a few minutes.. and I asked him some weird questions.. one answer he gave me was striking. I asked him what he thought of inner visions one might attain in a meditative state and he said there was a word in the Buddhist philosophy that roughly translated into something like "demonic inspirations".. he said that at the core of Buddhism (atleast whatever school they practice there) they were seeking for the opposite of that which is the void space.. they essentially believe that all we see in the physical world and even visions we may have are merely illusions and that the ultimate reality and what we should attain for is nothingness.. this kind of bummed me out..hah I guess I was hoping he would tell me about how he trips out and chills with Buddha and dragons all the time.. then as I was leaving the meditators had began to chant and I don't remember exactly what was being said but it sent shivers down my spine so I just left... heh but that is just one biased opinion.. there are infinite paths that, in my opinion, point to the same truth. Buddhism is cool and there are many schools within so it's not a bad idea to check it out and see how it resonates with you

Posted on: 2014/5/8 10:56

Apprenticed under: Abe Duro
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.