Temple of the Jedi Force : Thoughts create things [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Rozen's Prototype Concept

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Justice Saber

Friends and Family
My daughter's lightsaber practice.

Do you know ?
Is there an Oath or Pledge involved in becoming a Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
33 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 33

more...

New Members Welcome!
HaydenB067 2018/11/15
ScotFrier 2018/11/15
ifacyzygo 2018/11/15
JayCross25 2018/11/15
ugowazax 2018/11/14
KeenanColb 2018/11/14
AmeeWorden 2018/11/14
ChesterAsh 2018/11/14
JosetteCan 2018/11/14
LeonoreX90 2018/11/14

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Thoughts create things
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
We channel energy with our thoughts. Science has found that to hold a thought is to release chemical reactions in the body that either heal it or stress it depending on the thought.

We are channels who have the choice and free will to pick what we think about it and how we react to any situation we encounter.

To train oneself to think only positive thoughts is to channel only positive energy into our life and the lives of those around us. This takes practice as we have been trained since birth to judge things as good or good. Like primitive people we sometimes feel that positive and negative thoughts are something we have no control over, either a thing is good or it is bad. Yet a person who has trained their mind to see only the good in life walks a different path filled with health, wealth, and wisdom. If it's good enough for the masses then it's good enough for me should not be our meditation. We as Jedi are better then that.

So all the best in transforming your world by seeing it through rose colored classes and realizing you can pick the type of colored lens you wish to see it through.

The basis of the entire Jedi code is simply positive thinking in any and all situations. This is what some would call enlightenment.

What we think, we become. -Buddha

Posted on: 2014/9/30 12:08

Mind Over Milkshake: How Your Thoughts Fool Your Stomach
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
A Label Is More Than A Label

Who among us has not had a moment like this? That intimate tete-a-tete with the nutrition label, searching out salt, sugar, fat, trying to discern: How will you affect me? Are you good? Or are you bad?

Here's the thing you probably haven't stopped to consider: how the label itself is affecting you.

"Labels are not just labels; they evoke a set of beliefs," says Alia Crum, a clinical psychologist who does research at the Columbia Business School in New York.

A couple of years ago, Crum found herself considering what seems like a pretty strange question. She wanted to know whether the information conveyed by a nutritional label could physically change what happens to you — "whether these labels get under the skin literally," she says, "and actually affect the body's physiological processing of the nutrients that are consumed."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/ ... houghts-fool-your-stomach

Posted on: 2014/9/30 13:50

Re: Mind Over Milkshake: How Your Thoughts Fool Your Stomach
Master
From Washington USA
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Message Board Moderator
Jedi Consular
Ah, imagine going to the hungry and giving them a meal while explaining to them how heavy and filling it will be. Talk about a double whammy.

Imagine going to the sick and injured and describing to them how the Reiki you are sharing will leave them feeling deeply rested and full of healthy, healing energy.

Imagine looking in the mirror and saying to yourself "Every day my life gets better and better".

Posted on: 2014/9/30 18:16

Rumi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Thoughts create things
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Simply saying 'bless you' to someone when they sneeze (or are feeling down) takes on a whole new meaning as it ties into their belief system and has an effect on their body.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 6:26

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
If thoughts can do this to water what can they do to us?

Ideas
Emoto has stated, "Water is the mirror that has the ability to show us what we cannot see. It is a blueprint for our reality, which can change with a single, positive thought. All it takes is faith if you're open to it." He believes that energies or vibrations can change water physically or structurally. Emoto claims these changes can also be eliminated by exposing water to ultraviolet light or certain electromagnetic waves.

Emoto's water crystal experiments consist of exposing water in glasses to different words, pictures or music, and then freezing and examining the aesthetics of the resulting crystals with microscopic photography. Emoto makes the claim that water exposed to positive speech or thoughts (intention) will result in "beautiful" crystals being formed when that water is frozen and that negative intention will yield "ugly" frozen crystal formations. This phenomenon has not been published in any peer-reviewed scientific journal. The best quality study Emoto has published on the effects of human intention on the structure of water did not yield positive results.

Emoto also claims that different water sources produce different crystalline structures when frozen. For example, he claims that a water sample from a mountain stream when frozen will show structures of beautifully-shaped geometric design, but those structures will be distorted and randomly formed if the sample is taken from a polluted water source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto
http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/water-crystal.html

Posted on: 2014/10/1 6:32

Edited by Octagon on 2017/6/5 23:18:02

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
Greetings Each

I like all of that thank you for sharing :)

Posted on: 2014/10/4 1:43

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
bump

Posted on: 2014/12/29 23:31

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
Bump!

I'm in the process of quitting sugar. Some mind over matter definitely helps, lol.

Posted on: 2017/6/5 10:20

Apprentice to: Nira

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
My experience with breaking an addiction. Since I was a child I drank Pepsi. Grew up and couldn't stop drinking it even after doing research and reading about what it does to the body.

I saw a video on Netflix one day called, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. About a guy who turned his life around and got off all his medications by going on a 60 day juice fast. I got inspired and did the same thing. Wasn't easy but was worth it. One unexpected benefit was no longer being addicted to soda. I no longer loved it, no longer hated it. I became neutral. So it was done but to this day I don't really know how. Wish I could do that with a few other things.

I still juice fast for 3 to 7 days once or twice a month. Totally worth it.

Posted on: 2017/6/6 11:26

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
It sounds pretty on par with going cold turkey. I've seen that title on Netflix but I haven't checked it out. I will.

I've never gotten into juice fasts because I lift regularly and it makes me hangry. Although, the idea of not buying food and therefore not preparing it does get my attention, lol...

My recent assignment got me thinking about what I eat, and I realized just how often I crave sugar or sweets. Today it doesn't feel like an addiction, but it absolutely has other days. I've gone without any sugar for several days, except last night when I caved and ate an ice pop, lol, but for the most part I want to keep that up. I don't like the feeling of falling for a food craving.

Posted on: 2017/6/7 11:05

Apprentice to: Nira

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.