Temple of the Jedi Force : Are we just a fluke of nature? Or are we here for a reason? [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
problems 0311.jpg

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Cdaee's lightsaber progress

Friends and Family
me and themost beautiful girl

Do you know ?
That you can submit questions (and answers) to this FAQ system?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (7 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...

New Members Welcome!
Zachery93Z 2018/11/20
RefugiaVan 2018/11/20
Marcia6383 2018/11/19
AmeliaCost 2018/11/19
LyleLeahy 2018/11/19
KristineKi 2018/11/19
Nichole949 2018/11/19
JosephD38 2018/11/19
KattieMand 2018/11/18
ClevelandP 2018/11/18

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Are we just a fluke of nature? Or are we here for a reason?
Apprentice
From Washington State, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Guardian
Are we just a fluke of nature? Or are we here for a reason?

An interesting topic I heard about on an episode of Through the Wormhole. What do you think?

Posted on: 2015/5/17 1:27

Re: Are we just a fluke of nature? Or are we here for a reason?
Apprentice
From Northern Florida, United States
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
I believe we do have a reason.
"There is no chaos; there is harmony"
Everything happens for a reason.

Posted on: 2015/5/17 7:57

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
"There is no chaos; there is harmony" hit's the nail on the head. Well said Tyco.

Just because we can't see a pattern doesn't mean there isn't one.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 16:13

Jedi Initiate
From Toronto, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
I agree with what both Tyco and Master Octagon have said.

Ill also add my thoughts in that - while we may not be aware of the larger picture of things - it doesnt mean it isnt there.

But also - I think we each need to find out our smaller, personal reasons for why we our here; our own Raison D'etre as it were. With that perhaps the larger pattern will become more clear in time.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 11:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From Harrod, OH
Group:
Disciplinary Committee
Knight
Message Board Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
...Poof!

Perhaps there is no difference between our own personal reasons we are here and the bigger picture/ pattern?

My thought is that the reason we are here is to be here. (or perhaps just to be?) I would say yes...we are a fluke of nature. AND I would say yes... we are here for a reason. Maybe the reason we are here is so the fluke of nature could occur. Maybe the fluke of nature occurred so we could have a reason. Maybe they both mean the same thing, and we strive to be harmonic by coming to that understanding and realization.

....poof!

Posted on: 2015/5/20 17:21

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
I am inclined to agree with Ang-Kyoshi.

Part of me think we're a fluke of nature. Part of me think we're here for a reason. And overall I believe that these don't have to contradict each other. It may be a bit of a paradox, but both options feel equally true to me, even if I can't explain why.

I suppose here I lean more to the alternate version of the codeline: "Chaos, yet harmony."

Someone tipped a bowl of rice from the table and the corns are falling in slow motion, gradually making a pattern on the floor. Chaos at first sight, harmony when you look a little closer. Was the bowl always supposed to tip? Or was it an accident? And if the tipping of the bowl was an accident, couldn't the corns of rice still fall according to a chosen pattern?

That's my odd view of it.

Posted on: 2015/6/9 2:20
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Disciple
From Kansas
Group:
Registered Users
Jedi Sentinel
Disciples
Initiates
Are we flukes of nature?
Knowing the law of large numbers, and Drakes Equation, no we are not flukes of nature. The Law of Large Numbers says that with a large number of variables, every outcome will come to fruition. Drakes Equation calculates the possible number of intelligent, communicable, and technologically advanced civilizations in our galaxy. Currently the results of the Drake equation vary from 2 million, to 250 million civilizations in our galaxy alone. Now a conclusion I've come to, using the law of large numbers is that every galaxy has at least one intelligent civilization. We're here aren't we? Shouldn't it make sense every galaxy has its own human (or whatever name that civilization calls its race) race just as every galaxy has its own supermassive black hole?

So just with these few pieces of logic we know there are infinitely many human races spread across the universe. How many races are within one galaxy alone is another thing entirely.

So no, we are not flukes of nature, we are to nature what the sun was to us several hundred years ago. We thought the Sun was the only one, we didn't know the stars and the sun were the same thing. They're out there, we've seen them, out cosmic cousins, we just haven't realized it yet.

Are we here for a reason?

Yes we are. We may one out of infinity as a race, but we are here for a reason. We are here, just as our cosmic cousins are, to learn. The Universe is infinite, it has created things like us, planets the size of small stars, stars that are 85 degrees Farenheit (no I'm not making that up, they really have discovered a star who's surface temperature is 85 degrees), clouds of gas and dust, some so large we don't see it all, we can draw pictures in the, like the clouds in our sky, stars so big they shouldn't exist, galaxies that remind us of sombreros, galaxies that look like tadpoles, galaxies that look like a golden egg, something that defies everything we know about physics (Black holes!!), particles that should have annihilated us before we were here to know about them (antimatter), forces that create huge amounts of gravity (Dark Matter), forces that expand the universe faster than the speed of light (Dark Energy), mathematics that tell us that there are even more things we haven't seen yet, White holes, wormholes, Dark Matter Stars, etc, etc, etc. The universe exists to be the infinite library, for us, the infinite number of knowledge seekers, to eternally learn what there is to learn.

We are here to learn what the universe has created. If we perish, it's our duty to make sure whoever comes next has acces to our knowledge and can build on that knowledge.

Posted on: 2016/6/21 20:10

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]