Temple of the Jedi Force : WISDOM OF THE WARRIOR [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Jedi Ring 1/4

Do you know ?
What is the 1st Teaching or Guideline for all Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (15 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

WISDOM OF THE WARRIOR
Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Greeting good people. Bows

Over the past few years I have posted some of my thoughts and philosophy on how I see being a Jedi is and how to conduct oneself. As a Guardian,I set my self a standard of ethics and conduct which I consider to be conducive to the Path I follow.

I would like to share these thoughts with everyone so I'm posting in General for that reason. Enjoy, comment and ask. Please remember these are my thoughts and may not be acceptable to everyone.

WISDOM OF THE WARRIOR
The Right Path/Way

When asked, “Why do you always insist on taking the hardest route.”
A good reply would be “Why do you assume that there are more than one Path To the warrior there is only one Way – the path of the warrior. The Way is not the easy road. It is not the one that most people choose because they see a choice – the easy way or the hard way. The warrior does not look at his life in those terms.

The average person looks at life in terms of what is best for him or her personally. The warrior looks at life in terms of what is right. To the warrior, there are not many choices to choose from; there is only right and wrong.

Warriors are dedicated to what is right, so they do not see two roads, but only the right Path. And they do not consider whether that Way is easy or hard, only whether or not it is right. The Way may not be easy for the warrior, but the choice of roads always is.

Everything we do in life involves a choice! The same applies that everything we do not do also involves a choice. We structure our life from birth to death with things we choose to do and other things we choose not to do. There is a huge difference, however, between choosing not to do something and choosing to do nothing! Doing nothing but wishing things seems however to be a popular course of action. We all are creators of our present situation by the choices we have made whether we have chosen to do something, not to do something or to do nothing. Recognizing that we live in a world of our own creation means to take responsibility for our choices and their consequences. Yet responsibility is also not on the popular hit list. We are in control of our response and the values we decide to place on events in our lives.

There can be times when we are afraid to be still. We live in our heads, trying to analyze, organize, strategize, and figure everything out. All we really want is to be happy, and somehow our attempts keep missing the mark.

Learn to refrain from moving your attention anywhere. Learn to stop creating a life through a troubled mind and instead to let things be. Be free from noise, find a silence, go from doing to being.

A quote from a favourite film of mine The Last Samurai ‘To many Minds’. Stillness is not about being still. It is having a clear mind, a constant mind. A still pond will reflect the image of the moon. Open your mind and let go. The perfection of stillness lies in the space between inhaling and exhaling. How long you spend in that space is up to you .....

Posted on: 2015/11/8 14:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: WISDOM OF THE WARRIOR
Apprentice
From Northern Florida, United States
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Another great quote from Way of the Peaceful Warrior that I think ties in with this, "The place is always here and the time is always now." Sometimes people plan ahead too much and need to just go with the flow. I like your article, Mike. May the Force be with you.

Posted on: 2015/11/8 17:32

Stop limiting yourself to titles and labels. You're so much more than a path. You're an individual.

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
From a favourite book of mine ‘The Life Giving Sword’ Yagyu Muninori

The Great Learning..Is the gate for the beginners mind or student. When arriving at a house you first go through the gate. The gate is a sign that you have approached the house and will in turn meet the master. Learning is also the gate that approaches the way (understanding the Force). When you pass through the gate you find yourself at the way

Written words are not the key to the way. These words are the gate. There are many people who are ignorant of the way, regardless of how much they have learned. They may read very skilfully but they remain ignorant of the way. Nevertheless it would be difficult to approach the way without study. There are also many people who are naturally in harmony with the way and have never studied at all.

The Great Learning says ..Extend your knowledge to all things .In short this will lead to ‘Emptiness’. This of course is a lifetimes study .If you do not know all things ,you will have doubt. When you have doubt the subject will remain in your mind. Only when every stone is left unturned will you be ’Clear. EG Reciting the alphabet comes naturally it is not in your mind until you need it. That moment before you need it, is Emptiness. Again, counting 1-10 is natural. It is not in your mind until needed.

When there is nothing in your mind, things are easy to do. The study of the Way is done for the sake of making a clean sweep of your mind. Oddly in the beginning from our first breathe we are in perfect harmony because we know nothing we are empty of clutter and have no doubt because we have no knowledge. (This in my view is the circle of the way )

We are constantly obstructed by many things as we learn and they will not go away until you are sure and understand it and so you remove that issue from your mind. When you are required to use what you have learned it will come in to use with ease and without thought and will clear when finished with. We must learn to do this with all that we learn and only when satisfied, should we move on to the next subject. I see this as a key to acceptance and resolve.

Once these skills have been leaned to a suitable level of understanding, the Knight will then be able to pass on this sound knowledge and wisdom so that others may benefit from it.

"The undisturbed mind is like the calm body water reflecting the brilliance of the moon. Empty the mind and you will realize the undisturbed mind." - Yagyu Muninori

Posted on: 2015/11/9 13:43

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
The true test of a warriors worth, is in their kind, tender, gentle nature. The strongest person is the one that can show compassion in others. The signs of weakness and cowardice are the inability to show these virtues. The reliance or displays of physical violence strength and arousing fear in others is not acceptable.

Posted on: 2015/11/10 21:21

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Greetings Each.

Although the WAY in this passage is that of Budo it is not to difficult to see that The Jedi way is not to different and as I see myself as a guardian if the force it fits in well with how I am.

Honshin, true mind, true spirit

Jedi mind Zen mind. Budo mind, beginner's mind. What matters in all of these in my view is the concentration of thought and the prompt response of Ki to the directing will. He who deliberates and moves with the sole intent on winning at all costs, misses to a still greater extent of the Way
To be accomplished in any skill, realize the spirit of the Way. To realize the Way, develop a proper attitude ,spirit and posture in all that you do. Practice with this in mind for ten years, twenty years, and become one with your movements, then forget all of it when you practice and place yourself at the mercy of inspiration. This is mushin, munen, honshin.

Musashi ( A Samurai) struggled with life's meaning. He felt there was something more important than life and meditated on this. "Sometimes the obvious is right in front of you, you just have to slow down and look for it." Truth is no where if not from within.

When you reach this state, you will place yourself at the mercy of the Way. If you do not understand this, you become a slave of exterior conditions. What is required is to have a firm hold of the spirit and yet not to be conscious of the fact. This is a very difficult task achieved only after long spiritual training. The Way, is moving with the rhythmic movement of the spirit. To realize this, I believe you must subject youself to the discipline of The Way. The Way is the doctrine of mushin. The insight of the following poem will lead to the secrets of mushin, where everything is being left to Nature itself. (I pinched this of a site I was doing some research on)
"The moon has no intent to cast its shadow anywhere,
Nor does the pond design to lodge the moon;
How serene the water of Hirosawa!"

To realize The Way, you must have the proper training. The Way can be harsh, so some people think but I actually see The Way as being “Empty”and is straight to the point. There are no shades of gray. A clear, undisturbed mind. A healthy body will in turn look after the spirit.

You must keep the mind situation as it is and as the truth. The worst is your ego which sways you. If you have not gone astray by ego, you are able to accomplish your purpose. For Zen, martial arts, tea ceremony and any others, this mind is common. Both at the time of practice and at the important time, to get into the habit of keeping your ordinary and constant mind is the best way. For example, at a martial arts match, if you are always strained, you lack for this ordinary and constant mind. A good player can always keep a constant mind.

"True knowledge cannot be imparted by words. The Zen/Jedi mind, enlightened and disciplined, is able to rise above mere technique and go straight to the core of being...to reach the soul... the essence."

Posted on: 2015/11/14 4:27

Master
From Green River, UT
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
I'm glad you're making them think MikeDoshi.

The true warrior (in my opinion) is a "jack of all trades" one who is soft to those he helps and hard on the enemy, when defending those who cannot defend themselves.

The warrior is a teacher, a scholar, a mentor, a friend. An example to follow.

*bows*

Posted on: 2015/11/23 2:07

Apprentice:
accepting applications

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Greeings Master Duro. Indeed it is my friend. Bows :)

Posted on: 2015/11/24 0:19

Knight
From Houston Tx
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
This is excellent, Knight Doshi - very well thought out. Thank you for posting this!

Posted on: 2015/12/14 15:16

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Greetings Jedi Spooks San, Bows

Thank you for your kind words my friend :)

Posted on: 2015/12/15 1:27

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee