Temple of the Jedi Force : Church of Jediism Lies, More Lies & Fraud [Message Boards - The Greater Jedi Community]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Armor Vest Collage 2

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
saber.jpg

Friends and Family
blah

Do you know ?
That there is a list of Teachings and Guidelines for Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
30 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 30

more...

New Members Welcome!
RKUDeloris 2018/9/21
HanneloreM 2018/9/21
FredaRubeo 2018/9/20
EmilLemus 2018/9/19
TraciRoesc 2018/9/19
AugustaGod 2018/9/19
DouglasGri 2018/9/18
DollyArndt 2018/9/18
NorineBart 2018/9/18
RosalinePi 2018/9/18

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Church of Jediism Lies, More Lies & Fraud
Honorary Master
From Beaumont, Texas
Group:
Registered Users
Masters
Knight
See: http://ChurchOfJediism.org

Does it make you sick to see someone, allegedly a Jedi, lie so much and so often? Serial liar and con artist Daniel Jones claims to be the founder of The Jedi Religion, have the first digital church, have over 500,000 members with 100,00 members training who've paid at least 5 British Pounds to merely begin training.

If that's true they've taken in over 500,000 British Pounds which is over $700,000 US Dollars. Ha the tax been paid on this?

What's more astonishing is that nobody in the media seems to ever Fact Check this load of utter nonsense.

He charges to be a registered member. They charge to attend a service. They charge for training. The only place calling itself a church and doing that is Scientology. Oh and now Church of Jediism UK.

He claims to be non-profit but there is no non-profit organization registered anywhere in The UK and they are not a charity.

https://www.inverse.com/article/9262-j ... massive-boom-for-converts

Posted on: 2016/2/4 16:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Church of Jediism Lies, More Lies & Fraud
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
You see this thing duplicated in every religion in the world. Until we can come together as a whole and work with and support one another, the community will be fractured and open to people who see an opportunity for fame, power over others, and wealth.

Karma is it's own judge and jury, and inescapable as it looks directly into our hearts.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 9:00

Knight
From Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Unfortunately there is little we can legally do about this. If the con-artist isn't breaking any laws the police won't get involved. If he is, he should be reported, but with me being in the U.S.A. I doubt I would be the best person for that task. However, I will include in the book I'm writing how to recognize an honest temple from a scam. That way people who read the book will have some info with which to call out that con-artist as well as any that follow after him.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 10:47

Honorary Master
From Beaumont, Texas
Group:
Registered Users
Masters
Knight
Daniel Jones has stated in interviews that Church of Jediism (UK) has 500,000 members with 100,000 members training. He's stated they charge a fee for training. So if 100,000 people have paid even the equivalent of $1 each (it's more than that) he's taken in $100,000. An interesting situation this is because if he's telling the truth he's committing tax fraud and if he's lying he's a serial liar who's just saying anything to get publicity.

Has the tax been paid on this income? It's easy for the UK government to check. They don't care where the report comes from.

There was a for profit corporation filed in 2010 but it was dissolved in 2012. I've done extensive research to see if Church of Jediism (UK) is a registered charity. It's not. It's not a non-profit organization either. To the best of my knowledge it's just Daniel Jones doing business as Church of Jediism dot org dot uk. I refuse to give them a live link but I'm sure you can get there with that.

There's this.

Report tax evasion
Report someone to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you think they’re evading tax.

For example, they might be:

not telling HMRC about tax they owe (eg on business profits)
keeping business ‘off the books’ by dealing in cash and not giving receipts
hiding money, shares or other assets in an offshore bank account (‘offshore tax evasion’)

See: https://www.gov.uk/report-an-unregistered-trader-or-business

Posted on: 2016/2/5 13:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Knight
From Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
It sounds like you know more about this than I do though. Have you reported him?

Posted on: 2016/2/5 13:26

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Not knowing anything about the program itself or his book keeping it's all sounds like second hand information. I would think the authorities would want someone actually involved in the organization to report on it's activities.

You could probably take the information to one of those investigative news programs and let them look into, or possible consumer fraud if that's the case, but like I said I don't know anything about their training, policies, or book keeping.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 14:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]