Temple of the Jedi Force : Inner Meditation Spaces [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Jarik

Do you know ?
The three primary tenents of Jediism

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (14 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 43

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Inner Meditation Spaces
Knight
From Fort Drum, NY
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
Knight
Master Rozen taught me some on the subject, and it's something I've expanded on greatly and even taught to a couple of people I've met.

The concept of an inner space for reflection, a "Grove" as I like to call it (My Druid is showing). Simply put its a place built inside of your head, your subconscious, that you build and visit when you meditate. Your "Happy place". It can take the form of a house, a room, a grove, anything really.

My Inner Grove takes the form of a simple forest. The trees are varying, some thin, and some thick and ancient. One thing that rarely changes is the fog. A thin grey fog is all around. A clearing is a little into the forest, with a single large stone in the center. If you go east from the stone, you'll find a small stream. Big enough for fish yet small enough to cross easily. There are small shiny stones and gems in the stream, along with the fish. I've dedicated the clearing to reflection. I will "walk" there during my meditations and sit on the rock. Sometimes I'll receive a visitor, my Inner Master, the reflection of both who I am and who I wish to be.

I believe the whole inner space is a representation of your subconscious and your thoughts and soul. For example, one of my friends on Tumblr who I am sort of unofficially passing on teachings to, said his inner grove consisted of his grandparents old farm. I believe this tells me he was very connected to the place, but it also speaks of a longing for home, of something familiar. He told me some of the parts were fuzzy, and some of the paint on the house and barn were chipping. I believe this means there is something he must improve within himself. Redefining and repainting his sense of what is home.

So my question to you all is, do you have an inner grove of sorts? If so, what does it look like? Are there any friends there? Anyone have any other thoughts on the subject they'd like to share?

Thank you all
*bows*

Posted on: 2016/2/20 16:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Inner Meditation Spaces
Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
I have one of sorts, one I've enjoyed going to when meditating. It's basically a spot of green, some grass under a tall tree, this overlooking a calm lake. I like sitting there, leaned up against the tree and simply observe the lake. Obviously this is a place in my mind, but I've spent many meditation sessions finding that place and simply resting there, observing my thoughts and feelings reflected off the surface of the lake.

Haven't gone there in a while, thank you for the reminder!

Nice thread! :)

Posted on: 2016/2/20 17:44
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amy

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of the moment.

Apprentice
From Northern Florida, United States
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Mine is a jungle with a flowing creek. Colorful birds and crickets sing.

Posted on: 2016/2/20 18:28

Jedi Name: Silver

Wise Teacher: Ace Venom

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
I was just about to start searching around for articles on meditation - this is perfect timing! I've been meditating every night this week, and most of them have been successful. The feeling of unconditional love when I connect with the Force is almost overwhelming. I lack the words to do it justice.

Anyhow, the idea of a meditation grove is new to me. When exactly do you go to it -- while you're still clearing your mind of errant thoughts, or once that's completed? Or is it only while you're connecting?

It's funny - I heard a steady beat of footsteps in my mind tonight as I was focusing on clearing my head. Once I do reach the Force though, I feel like I'm almost flailing to stay connected and increasingly overwhelmed by it all. I also see a red cloud, or possibly a mist/fog. Is that typical? I'd really love to hear what other people's experiences are! Thank you!

Posted on: 2016/2/20 21:25

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
For me, Amy, it's where I end up when I do that kind of meditation. I'll start with a few other things, basic breath control, loosening up muscles in my body, and in my mind once I am calm enough to focus I'll start a walk to get there through a forest and up some stairs. I would think people would end up in their inner meditation grove differently, but I tend to use it mostly when I go for a very basic soothing meditation.

And I rarely bother with clearing my mind of errant thoughts, they'll fade on their own through my focus on breath, physical body and releasement of tension. Even when I sit by the lake there will still be the occasional thought here and there, but that's okay. I'll simply observe them, not let grab on to them or let the stray thought suck me into inner debate, and it will come and go without causing much ripple :)

Posted on: 2016/2/21 6:00
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amy

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of the moment.

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I really like this one.
Kelly Howell Guided Meditation for Healing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWB9YT-Zq-s

Posted on: 2016/2/21 14:45

Master
From Iowa
Group:
Apprentice
Registered Users
Knight
Masters
Jedi Guardian
Solitude into nature is the best and most common way to typically clear your mind and meditate because you are removing yourself from the distractions of the world and going into untouchedland that nature still preserves. When I choose to meditate I remove myself from all technology and people, only when I feel truly alone with my thoughts am I able to meditate with a clear mind.

Posted on: 2016/2/22 7:54

Past Apprentices:
Mace Kerns
Tyanne Tate

"The Force will be with you, always"

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
Thanks, Nira! It's good to know that I don't have to completely clear every last little thing from my mind. I was starting to notice that meditating was still working even though there were still some background thoughts going on, and I had wondered about that and if it was still a good place to be. It certainly felt beneficial, either way!

Thanks for the recommendation, Master Octagon! I'll try it out tonight! :)

Thank you also for the insight, Master Arigorn! Before finding the temple, one of the very few ways I could clear my head and simply enjoy not feeling darkness for a little while was hiking. So during my meditation last night, I just focused on the sound of footsteps and let it lead the way. I came to a beautiful clearing with trees and a mountain; it's actually one of my favorite hikes a few hours north of me. I'll make it my regular meditation spot!

Posted on: 2016/2/22 10:05
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice to: Nira

Knight
From Fort Drum, NY
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
Knight
I usually use my inner meditation space as a place to go when going out into real nature isn't possible (Like upstate new york winters!)

The interesting thing I find about the concept is so many varying factors in everyones personal experiences.

Hiker, I'm certainly glad you found this post :) I'm very jealous of your ability to hike into nature! It's much too cold here at the moment.

I've noticed when I meditate and visit this area in my mind, all my thoughts seem to disappear BECAUSE of where I'm at. Any thought that doesn't disappear manifest itself as something in this space, rather it be a strange tree or sometimes even a person walking about my little grove. It gives me the ability to actually interact with the thought, and decipher it's origins and meaning at a much deeper level.

Posted on: 2016/2/22 17:00
Apprentice -

May your groves be forever green.

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
Bump!

I liked this thread. It makes me want to ask - where do you guys go when you meditate? Do you usually go to the same spots? Do you even go anywhere?

Posted on: 3/31 15:15
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice to: Nira

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.