Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Nascein lightsaber axe

Friends and Family
gangsta!

Do you know ?
That you can have a custom avatar?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
45 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 45

more...

New Members Welcome!
HaydenB067 2018/11/15
ScotFrier 2018/11/15
ifacyzygo 2018/11/15
JayCross25 2018/11/15
ugowazax 2018/11/14
KeenanColb 2018/11/14
AmeeWorden 2018/11/14
ChesterAsh 2018/11/14
JosetteCan 2018/11/14
LeonoreX90 2018/11/14

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

COMPASSION
Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
COMPASSION.
A LIFE OF PEACE AND WITHOUT EMOTION

It is often said that compassion is born out of feeling sorry for another who has experienced loss or suffered tragedy . We feel and share their pain and a strong desire to give aid in comfort. While this may seem perfectly acceptable in society . It is my opinion that as Jedi we must adopt a different approach and avoid creating more sorrow.

First we must understand the true meaning of compassion. Compassion should be just an acceptance of how the world is at any given time. Having a state of mind which is non judgmental, clear, undisturbed, and tempered to not fall into temptation of false belief just because something seems inviting.

The Buddhist example is that sorry and pity, are actually considered close enemies. Genuine caring is born from a peaceful warrior who has the courage to say . This has happened now it is done, move on. The compassion is to be a lantern of light and guide the person to happiness. If someone is suffering from hunger then it is more appropriate to provide nourishing food. If they are thirsty, provide them something to drink. If someone is in emotional pain bring your love and unconditional acceptance.

It would not be helpful if the carer were to go hungry or become thirsty, would it?. The same can then be said it is also not helpful to show emotional sorry or pity , when actually what is need is unconditional love and understanding

Sometimes words are pointless a simple gesture of a hand on a shoulder is a signal of that care . It has no emotion it just a gesture that is understood. Kindness and compassion is a language even a deaf and blind person will understand.

Simply sitting, listening and hearing what is said is great comfort. There is no physical action. One should always be wary that giving the wrong sort of compassion can actually be a selfish act. The ego plays a part, though in most cases it is unintentional but there can be a desperate need to show caring which can lead to the own self becoming a sponge and being overwhelmed by the sorry and plight of the other person.

As Jedi we need to be very mindful of such things, in fact in all things we do. Right assessment, right focus ,right plan, right action, lead to the right reaction.

I think as long as you focus on the NOW not past or future but live in the exact moment there is no room for sorry ,doubt or fear . It is also said that giving the right compassion can add to ones owns resilience and reduces stress. It is a also a good tool for the self. While we may yearn to be compassionate to others in need. One should take a few minutes and be compassionate to oneself. Something I know a good few people, actually find very difficult to do but it is essential to the inner self’s wellbeing.

When you are able to produce a positive or neutral ego and have the confidence to make a difference without reward. The compassionate mind becomes a constant mind of clarity.

Posted on: 2016/8/14 23:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: COMPASSION
Knight
From Houston Tx
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
This is a lovely essay, Mike.

Posted on: 2016/8/15 19:29

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
I like the the part about sorrow and pity versus genuine caring for someone. I never thought about it that way.

Beautifully said, Mike!

Posted on: 2016/8/16 0:04

Apprentice to: Nira

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
Very well written. I absolutely agree with this. I think that above all, a Jedi should be compassionate.

Posted on: 2016/8/16 3:40

Knight
From Hungary
Group:
Knight
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Apprentice
Disciples
Initiates
Firstly(at the first paragraph) I thought I'm going to disagree with you in this artice but later on, it beautifully clarified itself and put things in the right place. I especially like this point, and should be emphasised from time to time:

Quote:
While we may yearn to be compassionate to others in need. One should take a few minutes and be compassionate to oneself. Something I know a good few people, actually find very difficult to do but it is essential to the inner self’s wellbeing.

Beautiful article, Mike, very well-put

Posted on: 2016/8/16 21:52

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee