Temple of the Jedi Force : Meditation/positive affirmations to secure a wanted outcome [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Me1

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
The first saber I've made that's currently on e-bay.

Friends and Family
Me

Do you know ?
What the 14th teaching of the Jedi is?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...

New Members Welcome!
MohammadEa 2018/11/20
Zachery93Z 2018/11/20
RefugiaVan 2018/11/20
Marcia6383 2018/11/19
AmeliaCost 2018/11/19
LyleLeahy 2018/11/19
KristineKi 2018/11/19
Nichole949 2018/11/19
JosephD38 2018/11/19
KattieMand 2018/11/18

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Meditation/positive affirmations to secure a wanted outcome
Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
We've talked here about how to use projection and visualization to achieve a positive outcome. How a positive mindset and meditation can change how we act, feel and how events occur.

I tested this during my exam period.

Every night at bedtime for about a week I would meditate with intent as preparation for the exams. I'd focus on my breathing, making it even and rhythmic, then relax every muscle in my body limb by limb. Then I would visualize myself waking up in time, not oversleeping, waking up feeling well-rested and in a good mood. Then getting dressed, grabbing my pre-packed backpack and leaving the house. How I'd calmly enjoy the subway-ride down-town and the walk to the university. I visualized myself entering the right building and the room we were supposed to do the exam in, finding a place to sit and calmly sitting down. Setting my computer, having it work perfectly and opening the exam (it's digital, but on campus through a program that secures against cheating). I'd see myself being calm and focused; opening the exam digitally, doing the exam and then walking out feeling content with my efforts.

And boy, did it work! I woke up perfectly in time both days (the first exam was a home-exam, the other two at campus) and felt really good! I had arranged for my girlfriend to wake me if it was needed, but it wasn't. My daily rhythm was off due to me struggling with falling asleep, but I still woke up perfectly when I needed to on those days, just like I had visualized.

Miracles over all miracles; I was CALM during the exam. Nearly no anxiety or nerves at all. I was so astonished by this! It was insane how calm I was, completely focused and I felt so good leaving when the exam was done. It was like I was a different person entirely. I visualized an outcome and I got the outcome as I visualized it, nearly perfectly so. There was an issue with the computer on my last exam, and it would have wrecked me before; but this time I took that very well and worked around it. It didn't shake off my calm.

Also I did this meditation in which I imagined the force as a glowing white ball of energy in my chest (I believe that was once a part of an assignment Master Octagon gave me? For different reasons... Unless my memory is being all wonky, lol, because I think Master Ace made me do something similar at one point too)- before expanding it through my entire body, limb by limb and further making it fill the room I was in. I really saw the room lighting up with this energy radiating from me; a warm and positive energy seemingly endless.

That exercise really cleared away my anxieties. It must have been the stress, but for a bit there I had some serious anxiety issues when trying to fall asleep. Every little sound threw me off and got my heart pumping; just a lot of adrenalin gathering over nothing. But doing this meditation, it just made me feel so calm and soothed. Like there was no threat that could touch me with a wall of light keeping me safe and secure. The little noises became simply noises until I didn't even notice them anymore.

Posted on: 2016/10/29 19:24
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Meditation/positive affirmations to secure a wanted outcome
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Congrats on your visualization! Glad to hear it worked for you. Using the Force under pressure is what it's all about. We can tell you what the path is like but ultimately you must walk it yourself to truly understand.

Something my guides keep telling me, "Nothing works and everything works."

Just knowing a technique doesn't make it work. One must practise it with their feelings/spirit in order to bring it to life.

Again Congrats!

Posted on: 2016/10/29 23:50

Re: Meditation/positive affirmations to secure a wanted outcome
Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
Thank you :)

The one exercise, the one visualizing a good outcome for the exam day, that was planned. I put a lot of effort into figuring out how to not repeat past mistakes/suffering, and was of the mind that mental preparation was almost more important than even the syllabus. Because having the knowledge seemed wasted without the right mental state to make use of it wisely.

The second one though wasn't planned at all. It happened automatically as my anxieties spiked during the night and I was feeling overwhelmed. I simply kinda fell into that meditation, it felt a bit like spirit was pushing mind into the backseat kindly but forcefully. Like, "OK, you aren't handling things, so sit the heck down and let me run this show for a while". It was actually very interesting, that all the work over these last few years have had this consequence.

But thank you guys. I wouldn't have been here able to do this without you!

Posted on: 2016/10/30 2:33
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]