Temple of the Jedi Force : A message from one who loves her fellow man [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Clergy ID idea

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
my lightsaber.jpg

Friends and Family
me and themost beautiful girl

Do you know ?
What is the 11th teaching of all Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
31 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 31

more...

New Members Welcome!
Zachery93Z 2018/11/20
RefugiaVan 2018/11/20
Marcia6383 2018/11/19
AmeliaCost 2018/11/19
LyleLeahy 2018/11/19
KristineKi 2018/11/19
Nichole949 2018/11/19
JosephD38 2018/11/19
KattieMand 2018/11/18
ClevelandP 2018/11/18

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A message from one who loves her fellow man
Jedi Initiate
From texas
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
I wrote this some years ago when i was in college found it today figure its still valid ,,here goes

A holiday message from one who loves her fellow men

We in this world , all of us, stripped of race, class, country, religion, politics, just as human beings, and considering ourselves separate and above all other creatures on earth, have certain common bonds that we cannot deny. Some of these are the ability to love deeply(more than any common animal loves), suffering, and empathy.
We go through our lives absorbed in our own problems of our own collective making. Living as modern day slaves to this system of living that we ourselves have created that is grown for thousands of years so that it is too big to be undone. Our way of obtaining shelter, food , clothing ,medicine and to build our families. We call this living. We call this life. It is filled with pain and suffering to some degree for all..
When we are born, our families try to educate us to get along in the world so that we may stand on our own and survive in the world when they are gone. We learn that we must study our lessons and work hard.. People who do not don’t get ahead in the world If we work hard we will have if we are lazy we will have not. We are born with a trusting, loving , giving nature. We then are trained to lose that trust and love by parents who know that those who have not will try to take from us. They will rob us cheat us, and take advantage of our good nature. We must always be on guard against the users of society Lest we be relieved of everything we work hard for in life, our status, reputations, possessions, and even our hopes and dreams. So we all work hard to get somewhere in life. Our struggle is never ending. But no matter how every child tries, as we grow up there are certain pitfalls along the way situations beyond our control, and situations that we could have avoided by making a smarter choices . Choices that lead us down paths of self destruction. Some of these things beyond our control are being in the wrong place at the wrong time, disease, the simple number of people trying to get the same things. It is the human condition.
So with all these things in mind , I come to the point of this message. I ask every person in this entire world to take a glance around and ask themselves a simple question. If I could reduce suffering in the world without being taken advantage of, or being hurt or reduced in some way would I do it? Would I have love and empathy enough left in me to not turn my eyes away from my fellow man who is hurting, and suffering with no solace right before my very eyes.
Yes I am asking the entire world what it is to have a little human love and charity. There is not a person on this earth who can stop death but if every person remembered what the child he or she was thought about, then we could reduce suffering of doing without. We know that there are no government programs or advocate groups that can ever do enough to stop the suffering of human kind we have to do it for each other. It will not hurt us at all the world will be better for it why is it we only think of each other on one or two days a year. I want everyone to know . For those who cant pay their bills it costs nothing to smile at someone who looks lost and alone. If you are a person who has a different coat to match each outfit you own and you go downtown and see someone shivering in the cold does it really diminish you to just give that person one of them. If you are walking into your apartment building and someone cant manage the load they are carrying are you really to busy to help carry something a few steps past where you are going. What a better world if more and more people stopped to say why are you crying, or can I help- you or even can I give you a ride? There is such a small risk and so much to gain. You never know you might save a life with your smile, you might inspire someone to have hope you might change the world one person at a time so that there would be no more need for government programs.
When you look around you must realize that our world is not that vast. It is possible that everyone around us shares some bit of common ancestry. Don’t be the one who lets his fellow man suffer. You cant help everyone but help at least when you are able help someone when no one is looking and you will find that you are able to love yourself so much more.
Happy Holidays
Thistle Waggoner
Dec. 2002

Posted on: 2016/12/1 19:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: A message from one who loves her fellow man
Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
Hello Thistle! That was lovely and yep, still very relevant. I can feel your passion for helping others and spreading peace. What you wrote reminded me of all the small acts of kindness that I've been lucky to receive during my own life, and how important it is to pay them forward.

Posted on: 2016/12/2 15:17

Apprentice to: Nira

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Well written and very inspirational. I also liked your picks. Welcome to the temple and may the Force continue to join you.

Posted on: 2016/12/2 17:15

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Promotions Committee
Message Board Moderator
Support Team
Spam Busters
Knight Marshall
A very meaningful, and in this world too relevant, write. Thank you for your words, and be well.

Welcome to the temple, if I haven't welcomed you already :)
Force light your path,
Nira

Posted on: 2016/12/3 9:57
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of

Knight
From Hungary
Group:
Knight
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
Apprentice
Disciples
Initiates
Now I'm just reading this. What a great way to start here. Welcome to the Temple, Thistle!

Posted on: 2016/12/14 0:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]