Temple of the Jedi Force : New member [Message Boards - Jedi Initiate Resources (Explore here first)]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
My Second Hilt Design

Do you know ?
How to Become a Jedi Knight?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
54 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 1
Guests: 53

TherrienXavier, more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jedi Initiate
From Portland, OR
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Hello, my name is Gabe and I am 20 years old. I joined the Jedi Order because I feel I need to learn control, patience, and disipline.

About half a year ago I moved from Kentucky to Oregon: just me and my parents and baby brother. About 2 months ago I got my first ever job as a cook at McDonald's. Lately life has been extremely difficult. I make way too many dumb mistakes and I have lack of spatial awareness and when I do mess up, I ocassionally go to my room and punch myself as punishment (mostly when my mom yells at me). Also, because of the kind of job I have, I have become a sugar addict. Another problem I have is that I am an excessive money spender.

So, I feel learning and practicing the ways of the Jedi and the force will help me with these problems.

Posted on: 1/15 12:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New member
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Welcome, feel free to look around and let us know if you have any questions about the site.

About the situation you brought up. It's always good to find someone to talk to about your problems, it really helps to sort things out and get a different point of view on solutions. So think about counseling, or spending more time with friends who are positive and are willing to share that positive energy with you.

The most important thing is to be your own best friend. A best friend should be someone who's positive and sees the best in you. So you should spend some time looking for ways to be on your side, in life. Compliment yourself and focus on what you do right and not so much on what you do wrong. Good and bad comes to all of us. Jedi focus on the good so the good can grow within us.

I would suggest you begin your walk on this path with simple meditation. Find a quiet place and listen to your breathing. Just focus on that. It helps to think to yourself these words, "The breath goes in, the breath goes out." as you focus on this. Breathe as slow and relaxed as you can. Give it a least a few mins a day to start and go as long as you feel comfortable if you want to go past a few mins. The act of doing it everyday is more important than how long you do it at this stage.

All the best to you on your journey, Jedi.

Posted on: 1/15 15:41

Jedi Initiate
From Portland, OR
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Thank you master. Also, the only question I have is if there are deadlines for each of the journals?

Posted on: 1/15 16:27

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
No deadlines, you work at your own pace. Members from the KM committee that oversees Initiates requirements will provide additional information. Force be with you!

Posted on: 1/15 16:33

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Welcome Gabe :)

Always wonderful to meet someone new!
You should find most of the information you need by following this to our "Start Here" page:

www.templeofthejediforce.org/m ... ws/index.php?storytopic=6

As it states; now that you've gotten your initiate rank all you need to do is set up a journal in the journal's section of the forum. It's up top on the main page and you'll see tons of other journals there. Please meditate on and describe/interpret, line-by line:

The Jedi code, The Jedi creed, The 3 Primary Tenants of Jediism, The 16 Teachings of the Jedi, and The 13 Vows of the Jedi.

Best way to go is trying to relate it to your own everyday life and experiences, and don't worry about "getting it right". Just share your thoughts as extensively as you're able and do your best to put some effort into it. It's through this initiate program that prospective mentors can get to know you, so we pair up the student with the right mentor.

Please pace yourself with your entries, and remember that this is not a race. There are no deadlines and it'll help you later if you've put effort into this part of it.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and make yourself at home. Force light your path!

Nira

Posted on: 1/15 17:20
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
Hello Gabe and welcome!

Meditation is a wonderful daily ritual to begin practicing. I hope it becomes as beneficial for you as it has been for so many others. Feel more than free to poke around the study downloads area and read up on whatever strikes you, too. And as always, ask away when it comes to questions.

It's great to meet you!

Posted on: 1/16 11:38
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice to: Nira

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
Wow! Another Jedi in my city. Excellent! Welcome!

Posted on: 1/16 16:00

Apprentice
From Kansas
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
Seems like Portland is just the hub for Jedi these days :P

Posted on: 1/16 23:13

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -Col. Frank P. Hobgood, referring to a Montreal Star article from 1932

Jedi Initiate
From Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Welcome to the fray my friend!

Posted on: 1/17 0:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.