Temple of the Jedi Force : GurthElin's Initiate Journal 🎆 [Message Boards - Jedi Initiate Resources (Explore here first)]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Oath

Do you know ?
What the 7th teaching of the Jedi is?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
45 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 45

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

GurthElin's Initiate Journal 🎆
Jedi Initiate
From Portland, OR
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Journal Re-introduction

Hello again, my name is Gabe, and I am 20 years old. The force has called me here to help me cope with mistakes and stresses and to increase my willpower.

I moved across the country to be where I am now. I recently got my first job. These changes in my life have clouded my vision causing stress, self-loathing, and addictions.

As a jedi, I wish to learn patience, control, discipline, and to increase my awareness of my surroundings.

Posted on: 1/15 16:57

Edited by Octagon on 2017/1/15 18:58:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re:GurthElin's Initiate Journal 🎆
Jedi Initiate
From Portland, OR
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
The Jedi Code

There is no emotion, there is peace.
Humans have emotions, there is no rejecting that. In fact emotions have helped us survive since our existence. For example, fear keeps us aware of predators and pleasure is a reason why we eat and procreate. However, our emotions should be kept at bay in order to not destroy us from the inside (irrational fear, hatred, depression).
Earlier this morning, I meditated this to stay calm in regards to being lectured about a bad decision I made. Before I couldn't control my self hatred and punished myself.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
Ignorance and stupidity are often confused. Stupidity is when a person knows something, but does the opposite. Ignorance is not yearning for knowledge. From birth, everyone should always yearn to gain knowledge.
My little brother who will be 2 in Feburary is a prime example of this. The reason he always cried was because he got agitated at the communication barrier, because of this he is at the point that he repeats everything he hears to gain the knowledge so he can communicate better.

There is no passion, there is serenity.
This is a reiteration of the first line, but with a slightly different message. It reminds us to be selfless and to contribute to make the world a more peaceful place. It is ironic that sometimes, passion can be selfless.
The other day, I was considering joining the 501st Legion charity in the future. It contributes to my Star Wars passion while also being a charity to less fortunate children making them feel at peace.

There is no death, there is the force.
All life comes to an end at some point but for every death, there is a birth. Also, legacies and memories never die because they are carried on by others.
2015 was like a baby boom in my family (brother, cousins, family friends). 2016 had a lot of celebrity deaths (RIP to all). It is the circle of life.

Posted on: 1/15 18:09

Re: GurthElin's Initiate Journal 🎆
Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Greetings Gabe

Welcome and a good start. However please follow the instructions . Line by line and please take your time study carefully and use your journal for everyday thoughts experiences and comments as well as your Training program . Tell us as much about your self as you go. This will help both you and whoever you choose to be your guide thro apprenticeship. If you are not sure about something please just ask.

More importantly it is your views that count here . Do write what you thing we may want to see write from your spirit and what you feel.

Good start mind :)

Posted on: 1/16 1:49

Jedi Initiate
From Portland, OR
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
The 3 Tenants: Focus, Knowledge, and Wisdom

These tenants are like stairs, having one will lead to the other. To gain knowledge, one must focus. To gain wisdom, one must have knowledge and focus.

Focus
This is the first step on the staircase. it is a primary part of the learning process. In order to focus, one must have a clear mind, everything else is a distraction. A lack of focus can lead to stress.
An example of this is when on a job, focus gets it done faster and more correct. If there is no focus, a job will take longer and will either be completely messed up and/or unfinished.

Knowledge
Knowledge is power. It is the immediate result of learning. To gain such power, one must have focus. Even a mistake can give knowledge.
In the past, my mistakes teach me to avoid them again how to. They taught me to focus more.

Wisdom
This is the application and combination of knowledge gained and the ability to pass down what one has learned. To be wise, one must focus on knowledge. It is also wise to pass down knowledge so it can remain.
I am wise in that I am a mentor to my baby brother and to the newest employee at my work.

Posted on: 1/16 18:59

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
Welcome, fellow Portlander! I hope we can meet in person at some point. I love meeting fellow Jedi (and have met several in person)! If you'd like, I'd be glad to exchange phone numbers via PM.

Mike, from what I can see this does appear to be line by line. However, Gurth, it would be good to also complete the additional lines of the code that you missed.

The lines that you missed of the code are as follows (in no particular order):

There is no fear; There is courage.
There is no foolishness; There is wisdom.
There is no chaos; There is harmony.

All of the doctrine as well as instruction on the requirements for initiates can be located in the "start here" and "Temple doctrine" tabs at the top of the main page.

Posted on: 1/17 1:03

Jedi Initiate
From Portland, OR
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Thank you, and I may be interested in a # swap. What part of Portland are you from? I'm from the NW side.

Posted on: 1/17 8:51

Master
From Portland Oregon
Group:
Knight
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Jedi Sentinel
Message Board Moderator
Webmasters
I'm in southeast Portland, over near Mt Tabor.

Posted on: 1/17 11:37

Jedi Initiate
From Portland, OR
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Jedi Code Continued

There is no fear, there is courage.
Fear is a necessary emotion. Without fear humanity would never have prospered. It is a way to protect us from danger. However, there are two types of fear: rational and irrational. Rational fear is the kind that aid in survival such as fears of spiders and heights. Irrational fears are to be avoided,such as fear of clowns, because they are made up by an individual. Fear of death and change are borderline fears because they are inevitable, yet reduce survival. As for courage, it is the ability to conquer any fear.
Before I joined the Jedi, I feared failure. Now when I make a mistake I meditate to calm down.

There is no foolishness, there is wisdom.
This is application of line two of the Jedi code. A fool is perceived by people above an individual. A wise person is believed by the self and by those under the individual.
Earlier today at work I was preparing for the future, and my boss basically called me a fool for doing it, yet I was using my knowledge from what other coworkers above me told me to do.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.
Everything in life happens for a reason. We make mistakes to learn from them. What some call luck is the force visually giving us a boost in life. "Coincidences" exist as a means to progress or hold back another's life.
I planned on going to college this semester, however I requested the money to pay for it too late. Now I am not going to school. On the plus side, I now have one less thing to stress over in my already stressful life.

Posted on: 1/18 1:45

Jedi Initiate
From Portland, OR
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
13 Jedi Vows

Respect
This is more than just being nice to someone. It means to avoid confrontations regarding opinions. It also means doing as one is told by a superior no matter how wrong he or she may be. It also means to not hold grudges.
My boss tells me to do things a certain way even though everyone else does them differently, so I follow her orders without question.

Humility
A little pride is harmless, but one should not seek praise. In a group effort, if one is leader and the project is complimented and aimed toward the individual, one must disperse the compliment among the whole group.
I was complimented on the success of a task at work, and all I said was that it is protocol rather than saying thanks.

Contemplation
This means to take time to feel the force flow within oneself. It can occur from meditation or from performing an act of charity.
I have three main points of the day to meditate: before work to energize, after work to calm myself, and before bed to clear my head to sleep.

Possession
It is okay to have things, even luxurious and entertaining things. One should not give in to greed however. Greed can lead to jealousy which can lead to the dark side if not careful.
I am a collector of comics and action figures. I know that I cannot have every one in existence to add to my collection. I am satisfied with what I have. If I happen to stumble upon another thing to add to it then I will purchase it only if time and money are on my side.

Moderation
This means to only treat oneself to something on occasion as opposed to wanting it constantly. Food, alcohol, and spending money are common items that should be applied in moderation.
This is a vow I need to apply better as I am addicted to sugar and spending money. I want to only eat sugary food after a week's worth of hard work rather than a day's Also, I want to not go to Goodwill so often.

Attachment
This is not inherently evil, it just needs to be controlled. If one loses someone who is cared for, then one should let go of the feelings for this person lost. On the other hand, attachment to an object like a child to a toy or blanket is not acceptable because it can lead to dependency.
I am attached to my extended family. When I moved to Portland, it was hard to let go, now, I am occupied with a job, I have learned to let go of them. Now only major holidays are hard without them.

Industry
This means to work hard to the fullest potential when one can. Laziness will not get one through life any faster, in fact it can slow it down and even damage it.
When I am lazy about watching my little brother, something tends to go wrong, be it a mess or an injury. An additional result of my laziness is a long scolding from my mom.

Restraint
This can relate to moderation and respect. Restraint is how moderation exists in that one restrains oneself from indulging in a pleasure more than one should. Restraint is also how one respects someone. If someone says or does something one doesn't like, then the individual should restrain oneself from lashing out in rage causing a scene.
At work I restrained myself from lashing at a coworker who rejected my plea for help while she was free from her own tasks.

Defense
This should always mean defend others before an ideal or self and defend ideals before self. The self is the last because it is not as mass in scale. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one (Spock) and ideas at bulletproof (V).With this said, the self is still important in that if one defends oneself one can live another day to defend others and ideals.
When out with my mom and brother, I am the only one who can protect them from harm because my brother is a toddler and my mom is small.

Chastity
This is the restriction of lust, not intimacy. Intimacy is pleasure with purpose: to display love and to procreate. Lust is pleasure for pleasure's sake. Lust is also immediate and not lasting. Being chase prevents the addiction of lust.
I am chase in that I am pansexual, or gender-blind, and I only like people for who they are on the inside.

Obedience
This ties into respect. If a superior tells one to do something, one must do it and ask questions later. If unsure of the specifics of an order, then it is okay to ask prior.
The other day my boss told me to cook a certain number of meat per tray. When we ran out, I asked for a confirmation number of meat. Instead, she said to do none. I did exactly that, even though I thought I should've made at least two meats.

Cleanliness
This is more than mere outward appearance or smell. It also means to be mentally and emotionally clean. Thoughts of anger and hate corrupt. One must clear the mind of negative emotions to go about life with minimal consequences.
Once at work I got angry at a coworker (in my head) and from that point till the end of the day my ability to work well had diminished. When I got home I felt I had to take a bath just to calm down.

Charity
This means to never expect reward for doing something. Only expect that it will help another in some way. It could be working a soup kitchen or helping out around the house.
On my first fill-in work day, I was excited for work. I was not thinking about the money, only about helping out coworkers.

Posted on: 1/18 22:36

Knight
From Hungary
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
Knight Marshall
Initiates
Have my late greetings to the Temple, GurthElin! Awesome start, and I'm looking forward to read your rest of the works.

Posted on: 1/22 2:37

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.