Temple of the Jedi Force : Shamanism and the Force [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Cdaae's Finished Lightsabre

Friends and Family
my mirror :)

Do you know ?
What the 14th teaching of the Jedi is?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...

New Members Welcome!
MohammadEa 2018/11/20
Zachery93Z 2018/11/20
RefugiaVan 2018/11/20
Marcia6383 2018/11/19
AmeliaCost 2018/11/19
LyleLeahy 2018/11/19
KristineKi 2018/11/19
Nichole949 2018/11/19
JosephD38 2018/11/19
KattieMand 2018/11/18

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Shamanism and the Force
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Here's a good overview.
[From webpage, Quote]
Shamans are found in all cultures and religions all over the world. Shamanically gifted individuals have been present through all the ages of human evolution as prophets, sages, healers and messiahs whose contributions have built the foundations of the world's great religions e.g. Abraham, Moses, Gautama Buddha, Jesus Christ (Yeshua), the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), Lao Tzu and Confucious. Some have become famous healers like Jesus, his disciple Paul and twentieth century healers like Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Mother Meera, João de Deus ("John of God"), Gabrielle Roth and the famous pioneer of modern psychology and psychotherapy, Carl G. Jung[End Quote] I believe Yoda depicts a Shaman.
Link:
http://www.lovehealth.org/tools/shamanic.htm

Lucas incorporated the aspects of many religions into Star Wars. Shamanism is one of them and should be included in every Force users education. Shamanism teaches us the holistic nature of the universe and that every spirit we encounter is a member of our Earth and spiritual family.

One of the most important lessons is that as long as we are surrounded by nature we are never alone and that our extended family is always there for us if we are willing to ask for help until we receive it. We learn to live in harmony with nature yet live true to our true nature as our animal guides teach us more about ourselves. We learn to replace fear with faith and how to do things we never thought we could.

Shamanism teaches we are all spirits and we constantly channel our energy into the world around us. We pass what we are to others all the time. We project hope, love, joy, and a variety of emotional energy to others. We channel the energy of the force to others through are feelings and viewpoints. we can also channel the energy of our spirit guides to heal and educate others.

Meditating with our spirit guides we learn to better understand the old code:
Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

I encourage Jedi to read more on the subject of Shamanism.

Attach file:

jpg  Shaman-girl-AnasaziRuins.jpg (230.19 KB)
682_587fabb3df335.jpg 400X319 px

jpg  Shaman.jpg (124.00 KB)
682_587fb28da39d7.jpg 500X636 px

jpg  Spirit of harmony.jpg (64.76 KB)
682_587fb2a4d5b80.jpg 461X574 px

Posted on: 2017/1/18 12:02

Edited by Octagon on 2017/1/18 19:52:49

Re: Shamanism
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
"Man tra
(originally in Hinduism and Buddhism) a word or sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation.
a Vedic hymn.
a statement or slogan repeated frequently."

A mantra is a word or phrase that is repeated to induce an altered state. The thing is we all have a mantra. Something that we say, a lot. So think about it. What word or phrase is your favorite and are you known for. Take some time to think about it. Then ask three of the people who are closest to you what word or phrase you say a lot. Then research that word or phrase for it's meaning and this will let you know what state you are putting yourself in and passing on to others.

The next phase would be to consciously seek out a word or phrase that has positive energy and use it at the beginning of your meditation, or throughout the day as you feel the need.

namaste

Posted on: 2017/1/18 12:32

Re: Shamanism
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
This mantra is good for playing in the background during your meditation.

[From YouTube]
Activate Chi Flow With OM Mantra & Tribal Drums ➤ 9 Solfeggio Frequencies ➤ Boost Lifeforce Energy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki0ynrWKlZI

1 Hour OM mantra chanting mixed with a powerful Tribal drumbeat! All 9 Solfeggio frequencies blends perfectly in with the MAJESTIC nature sceneries. Ancient wisdom says that Activation of qi flow creates harmony and balance on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels of being. Are you ready now to go in to deep relaxation and let your body and mind reap the benefits of the OM sound? If not, don´t listen to this. Headphones are recommended.[End Youtube]

If you wish to add visualization. Imagine a bright golden light coming from heaven and shining down on you. Feel it warming every cell of your body, healing, and energising you. Washing away all your problems and worries.

Important, never force yourself to continue your meditation if you don't feel it, just end the session for that time. Sometimes meditation lasts for hours and sometimes for only a few mins. It has a cumulative effect that adds up over time even when done in small amounts.

Posted on: 2017/1/18 12:50

Re: Shamanism and the Force
Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Promotions Committee
Greetings Master Octagon

I remember having to do a Task based on this..Wonderful stuff. From my own point of view I will always include it in my apprentice lesson plan :)

Posted on: 2017/1/19 0:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]