Temple of the Jedi Force : Asthmatic meditation [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Master Grayson Teaches Us

Do you know ?
What is the 3rd teaching for all Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
52 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 52

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Asthmatic meditation
Jedi Initiate
From Portland, OR
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Greetings, lately I have noticed it difficult to meditate because my breathing is not flowing enough. I know it is asthma and the weather. Does anyone have meditation techniques for when I struggle to breath? This struggle occassionally has led to anxiety attacks. Also, I do have an inhaler to help sometimes.

Posted on: 2/5 16:05

Re: Asthmatic meditation
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Hope this helps.
Asthma Treatment Through Sahaja Yoga Meditation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94VTzGr5cM
How to stop an asthma attack without medication
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1hh7oiyfw
How to Cure Asthma Attacks Permanently Naturally at Home
If you are suffering from recurrent asthma attacks and bronchitis or breathing problems these natural remedies can help you to get permanent and long term relief from asthma and breathing problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_EnmEOylh8

Someone posted this in a forum.
[echo echo1 week ago
If you stop eating GLUTEN your asthma will improve dramatically . Takes about 1 week to start feeling good. Asthmatics are allergic to gluten. Gluten free diet cured my asthma 4 years ago
To cure asthma you should know food and diet to avoid which triggers the asthma and also know which food items to include in your daily routine to reduce inflammation in lungs.
Natural home remedies are best way to reduce recurrent asthma attacks.
Natural methods of asthma control works well in both children and adults. Foods to avoid include Desserts, wine, peanuts and cheese, Eggs, Soy, Wheat.
Natural remedies include - clove, ginger, mustard oil, figs, honey, bitter gourd.
Also cut out -- grains, legumes, cow’s milk, and processed foods to cure asthma permanently.]

You can start with these and let me know if any work. Don't stop your medication until after it seems to be working. Don't try anything that may contain something you're allergic to or maybe dangerous. If any of this doesn't work, I can research others for you to try. I think what we eat has a very strong effect on our health. No sodas or heavily processed foods. Mostly vegetables, fresh made vegetable juices, organic if you can get it. Allows the body to heal. I usually do an organic juice fast for a few days every month and it does allow the body to heal by giving it a big rest from digesting processed foods. It also strengthens the immune system and reduces or eliminates catching colds and such. All the best with your healing.

Posted on: 2/5 17:23

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
I have trouble meditating on occasion too, depending on the season. It's springtime where I am now, and allergies on top of a cold is making deep breathing hard.

I just cut myself some slack, actually. I kind of expand my definition of meditation and breathe as well as I can and see how it goes. Sometimes working more on visualization practices helps me during these times, too. Some days, breathing is easy and other days it's not. Both will pass.

Posted on: 2/6 12:50
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice to: Nira
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
That sounds uncomfortable, for the both of you. I hope Master Octagon's advice helps and that you feel better soon. I have no advice myself, really not experienced with asthma. I'd check it up with your doctor too though, perhaps there's advice he can give as well that could help.

Posted on: 2/6 15:41
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
One thing I remembered was why I gave up processed milk. It actually produces excess mucus in the body especially the sinus areas which can make breathing difficult.

It raises blood pressure some how and when I cut it out of my life after a juice fast my blood pressure stayed normalised.

I've also read that it actually leeches calcium from the bones and can contribute to brittle bones, despite having vit D added.

Raw milk seems to be fine as I found a health food store that sells raw cows and goats milk that they get from an Amish farm. Also alternatives are fine such as almond milk and almond ice cream, as long as you're not allergic to nuts.

Posted on: 2/7 13:15

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I've been hearing some good stuff about black seed oil and it helping a great deal with asthma as well as a lot of other things. Suggested dose is one teaspoonful twice a day. I would definitely do your own research on this to determine how safe it is, talk to your doctor or naturopath before using.
BLACK SEED OVERVIEW INFORMATION
Black seed is a plant. People have used the seed to make medicine for over 2000 years. It was even discovered in the tomb of King Tut.

Historically, black seed has been used for headache, toothache, nasal congestion, and intestinal worms. It has also been used for “pink eye” (conjunctivitis), pockets of infection (abscesses), and parasites.

Today, black seed is used for treating digestive tract conditions including gas, colic, diarrhea, dysentery, constipation, and hemorrhoids. It is also used for respiratory conditions including asthma, allergies, cough, bronchitis, emphysema, flu, swine flu, and congestion.

Other uses include lowering blood pressure, lowering cholesterol levels, treating cancer, and boosting the immune system. You may read that a patent has been issued to cover the use of black seed to improve immunity, but don’t be misled. The presence of a patent doesn’t mean black seed has been shown to be effective for this use.

Women use black seed for birth control, to start menstruation, and to increase milk flow.

Black seed is sometimes used in combination with cysteine, vitamin E, and saffron to ease the side effects of a chemotherapy drug called cisplatin.

Some people apply black seed directly to the skin for joint pain (rheumatism), headache, and certain skin conditions.

In foods, black seed is used as a flavoring or spice.
How does it work?
There is some scientific evidence to suggest that black seed might help boost the immune system, fight cancer, prevent pregnancy, and lessen allergic reactions by acting as an antihistamine, but there isn't enough information in humans yet.
WebMD
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplem ... gredientname=black%20seed

Posted on: 2/20 0:13

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
Bump!

I read recently about asthmatic meditation, and it suggested not focusing on the breath, as is the standard instruction, but instead to use sensory mediation as a way to connect with oneself.

A few ideas: focus on sounds, scents, sensations (your body in a chair, hands in your lap, clothes on your skin, etc) an go from there. Try to be aware of your breath without actually trying to change its natural rhythm in a way that might trigger an asthmatic reaction. Hope that helps!

Posted on: 5/31 17:10
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice to: Nira

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]