Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
test image for the archive

Do you know ?
What is the 11th teaching of all Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 43

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Jedi Living
Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
After reading and learning about the history of TotJF, it hit me yesterday that so many members have been Jedi for about ten years. I recently reached my one year anniversary and reflected a little on what I've learned, and there have been so many wonderful lessons. But it makes me to want to talk to those of you who have been at this far longer:

Every road has ups, downs, and bumps in it. What keeps you on the Jedi path? What have been some of your biggest lessons? What advice would you share with newer Jedi, or with those who might be considering joining?

I'd love to hear anything that some of you might have to share.

Posted on: 2/13 10:54
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice to: Nira
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Jedi Living
Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Greetings Amy San Bows

I have been here for about 6 years now, I first started off at TOTJO but couldn't get on with the doctrine or the training Syllabus as it really didn't fit in with my way of thinking ..at that time.

I then found this Temple. Never wanted to progress was just happy to share a bit of philosophy and be with like minded people. After some time I was 'Bullied' into taking the step by Tempest Knight lol.

I eventually qualified under Master Octagon. I then left due to a number of things are now past.

Like any Martial art being a Jedi is a life long study it never stops. I find, ones mind just begins to open looks at things from all angles before making judgement.

The open mind is a sponge for knowledge it also ones own worst enemy ..recognizing when things are not right takes a bit of courage and self compassion which I did not have when I started.

I also took a personnel vow that being a Jedi and or Martial arts instructor does come with certain burdens. Ethics and a high standard of conduct must be maintained at all times. The burden is only uncomfortable if you let it slip. or you wear it incorrectly.

I think the one thing that stands out for me is learning to change my way of thinking.

You also have to study regularly to avoid becoming stagnant or bored. Achieving knighthood is just the first step to understanding.

I once said to a student of mine who was doing very well in Tai Jutsu but realized there was so much to learn. I said to him. You have been given a block of wood what you do with it is up to you. You can keep it as it is or you can begin to carve and make something of beauty. As your skills improve you able to add fine detail and continually improve your carving. When you stop is up to you. If it goes wrong.just start again. My study in Jediism went astray for a while. I stopped carving. When I came back..I started carving again and even found new tools...I carve...everyday :)

Posted on: 2/14 13:04

Master
From Harrod, OH
Group:
Disciplinary Committee
Knight
Message Board Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
I have been a Jedi here for over 10 years now. Over these 10 plus years I've went from having an extremely active role in both training and administration here at the Temple, to that of a passive observer. To say the least there were many ups, downs, and bumps along the way.

The thing that keeps me on the path of the Jedi is a trust I've come to understand with the will of the force. While I believe that we have the power and ability to pave on our path towards any destiny we desire, I also believe that if we listen close enough, the force will guide us to where we are needed to most. (Whether that is for others or yourself.)What keeps me true to this temple, as a Jedi, is observing the leadership here walk the path in all they do.

The biggest lessons I've learned since becoming a Jedi is to trust in the force. Whether that means silencing your mind through meditation, praying to the god of whichever religion you happen to practice, or attempting (not-attempting, or being)to find enlightenment; to trust in that which is guiding you. For me, it meant to step back and allow others to lead here. It meant time to study on my own, not completely absent from the temple, but to reflect on my teachings and obtaining a deeper understanding of that which binds us all. I was once told by a great Master here (or I should say guided to the answer I already knew) that each person is already a master, and no one could make them become one. Listening for and trusting in the force has been the greatest lesson I have learned thus far as a Jedi.

My advice for newer Jedi, or those wishing to join, would be simple to say yet many find hard to accomplish and it is this: Abandon your preconceived notions that the world has required of you, and you will witness potential in all you do through your time and training here. Learn to listen for the call of the force, without being clouded by what the rest of the world throws at you. In simpler terms: focus on your training and listen.

I'm not sure what, if any, light you may see in this post, but I knew I had to answer it. If not for you, for me.

MTFBWY

Ang

Posted on: 2/14 16:21

Master
From Neillsville, WI
Group:
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Greetings,

I joined the Temple in October of 2006, but kept my distance for a while as an observer because I was unsure about this place. As I observed, I began to post and made some friends, Ang-Kyoshi among them.

Of course I have seen my share of ups and downs and Temple drama. Knowing that I helped create many of the policies and committees that we used over the years has a lot of meaning to me. Watching as things change disturbs me a bit, but the only real constant in this universe is change and it is something that I have learned to embrace...if not simply tolerate.

At one point in time, I was supremely active here. I was working on committees, training Initiates and Apprentices and even working to clean up many of our rules and policies for errors. Then...I fell away from the Temple. My voice, that carried weight, began to be ignored and ultimately went unheard. I tired of it and pulled away from Temple, despite my serving status.

I never stopped being a Jedi. I kept going and when I spoke and acted, it was as a Jedi. I never advertised what I was, nor did I hide it. In recent months, since election night in the US, I have come to be more open as a Jedi with daily posts on kindness and compassion towards our fellow humans. It is all I can do from my position with the reach I am given. I am a Guardian, I fight to protect and attempt to inspire.

For future Jedi or aspiring Force seekers, I would impart that you must always be learning and always be teaching and just being who you are. A Jedi does not have to be overt in what you are doing to help to help. People will notice or not. But it is better that people notice on their own by your acts and not that you have advertised that this is what you did.

Be a Jedi in every aspect of your being. Light will shine.

Jedi Grayson Dark

Posted on: 2/14 21:12

Apprentices:
Dina Gamal
Daloch
Glover
Dropped:
Lea
Max

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I know for me I learned to let go. Not worry about the past, it's done. Not worry about the future, it's not here yet. Just deal with what's going on today.

The day I let go is the day I became a dedicated member. This pretty much sums it up.
You cannot beat a river into submission. You have to surrender to its current and use its power as your own. -DSM

As other have said we are always students and always learning. Everything and everyone is our teacher. If people stick with it, they will reach a point when knowledge, wisdom, and the next lesson, comes directly from the living force. Life will improve and you will be blessed. But you've got to let go and not hold on to tight.

Posted on: 2/15 10:53

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
Thank you all for your responses and the time that went into them. I enjoyed hearing your perspectives and the lessons within them, and getting to know you guys a little more, too.

What I saw most in each of your responses was the answer to a question I didn't realize I had or had even asked - what it means to be a Jedi. I thought I knew, but my understanding of it was limited. That seems to be a pattern lately, lol...

Posted on: 2/16 18:06
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Awesome thread, Amara.

It inspires me too at times, that some have been Jedi for over a decade or longer. When I first began sniffing around, I was really not sure what to expect. Some fun posts, semi-likeminded people... that was that, I thought. Just a bunch of movie fans. But I figured it was still worth looking into, and boy am I glad I did. Although, considering the way the universe works, I would likely have gotten nudged onto this path one way or another even if I hadn't sought it up myself.

There haven't really been that many bumps. Not per se. I didn't really expect anything to come easy, in my experience nothing worth having ever does. In fact, I think I actually expected it to be harder, at least at first before I got a better point of view. Some things have been difficult, just not the things I expected to be. I spent half a year in the JCO (Jedi church, Facebook) and enjoyed my time there a lot. I'm still "officially" a moderator of that group, but they were informed quite a while ago I was stepping down due to not only my own training, but apprentice training. I still step up there if something's up and they need an extra pair of hands, but that happens rarely.

I found this temple after only 6 months on the path. I "shopped around" for other temples too, spent some time in communities here and there. This ended up being the place that caught my heart though. There's a "soul" to this place that I haven't ever really seen anywhere else. This temple is the home you can always return to, and I appreciate it immensely. I loved the initiate work. Even though my walking the Jedi path started half a year before, it didn't really feel like I was really getting there before I started up as an initiate here.

Looking back at it all.. I think the initial bump for any new Jedi is basically time. It takes time. You can't just fill in a questionnaire and then wham, you're set. Half a year, I spent, before finding the right temple to train at. I think my initiate phase took a few months, but apprenticing took over a year. All together, that was pretty much a couple of years before someone decided to stamp knight on my forehead. That's a long time for a lot of people, and perhaps too long if they lack faith that it's the right path for them. But if people can find that faith and hang on in there; they'd see it's possibly the path most worth taking. So yeah, I think that's basically one of the bigger bumps; seeing that it will take time and having the endurance to keep moving forwards with it.

It wasn't a bump for me though, because each step of the way brought with it something new; something interesting and growth inducing. But that takes us to bump number two, because to reap those gains, one has to be willing to put in the energy and honesty required as well. Without will, faith and honesty, it's hard to gain that growth.

What's been absolutely hardest for me? I think that's been putting myself out there. Taking chances, speaking up and risking people pointing fingers at me. I've had a tendency of being overly polite and apologetic, lol. Also, some of the assignments I was given as an apprentice were awful. Valuable as heck, but hard. I still remember that period walking about in those hideous turquoise clothes, lol. It felt awful, but it was probably one of the most useful assignments I ever got. Universe knows I grew from it.

So yeah... My advice would be:

- Accept the time it takes, nurture that patience
- Give the energy it takes, give it your all
- You gain what you give; growth is a constant process and requires work

- Down the line; it's worth it in every way.

What keeps me on it? It's hard to explain. It's the right path for me, and I know it. It helps me in every which way and enables me to help others equally. I always wanted to help make the world brighter, and through the Jedi path I can do so better and without causing myself so much pain. It helps me maintain balance, be truthful, find courage and compassion... It helps me accept what cannot be changed, so I can spend more energy changing what can be changed.

It's a wonderful path, and I would tell all initiates to stick with it for as long as they're able. They won't likely regret any time or energy spent moving onwards on it.

Blessings, everyone.
Nira

Posted on: 2/17 13:43
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
Beautifully written, Master Nira. I had a hunch you'd enjoy this thread a lot, too.

I always love the stories of how people find their way here. And not rushing is some excellent advice, too. Every step is supposed to take a long time, and I think even learning that is a lesson by itself.

Posted on: 2/19 9:52

Master
From Harrod, OH
Group:
Disciplinary Committee
Knight
Message Board Moderator
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Jedi Consular
I wouldn't say that every step is necessarily supposed to take a long time. Rather, every step is supposed to take as long as needed for the student to learn what they are supposed to learn.

Posted on: 2/19 20:48

Master
From Neillsville, WI
Group:
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
I concur. Life is a journey. Some legs of the journey are quicker than others. As long as you are learning something, you succeed.

JGD

Posted on: 2/19 21:37

Apprentices:
Dina Gamal
Daloch
Glover
Dropped:
Lea
Max

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.