Temple of the Jedi Force : Tabata Workouts [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
TOTJF--BANNER STYLE 1

Do you know ?
What the 14th teaching of the Jedi is?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Tabata Workouts
Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
Anybody have any experience with Tabata workouts? I'm curious and thinking about trying it out, but looking for more info first.

Link: http://theheartysoul.com/4-minute-fat-burning-workout/?t=CE

"A Tabata workout is a high-intensity workout. Although it lasts only a few minutes, it will really kick your tail. They’re perfect for those of us who don’t have a lot of time to devote to fitness but want to get in a good workout.

Here’s the gist: sprint hard for 20 seconds; rest for 10 seconds; repeat for a total of four minutes (generally 6-8 rounds). That’s it. Sounds simple, but this short workout can burn some serious calories.

Developed by Dr. Izumi Tabata in Japan, Tabata exercise has been found to be superior to other types of exercises. In a 1996 study done by the National Institute of Health and Nutrition in Tokyo, Dr. Tabata and his colleagues studied two groups of athletes: one group did medium-intensity exercise for long periods of time, and the other did high-intensity exercise for short periods of time.

Tabata and his team observed the athletes for six weeks, and after that time, it was found that the first group increased their aerobic capacity (how long you can run) by 9.5% and their anaerobic capacity (how long you can run at maximum effort) by 0%, while the second group increased their aerobic capacity by 14% and their anaerobic capacity by 28%."

Posted on: 3/1 14:42
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice to: Nira
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Tabata Workouts
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
There was a guy who use to be a runner. He said he discovered that three cycles three days a week on a stationary bike built up cardio and took a lot less time to get and stay healthy and was a lot less strain on his knees.

I think it was a one min. warmup. 30 sec all out pedal, and a 15 sec. rest. The whole thing done three times.

I've heard of others ways to do the same thing, like wind sprints or even running in place. As long as you work the heart for even short periods of time, the body adapts.

But that video sounds good thanks for sharing.

Here's an interesting vid on yoga.
Yoga For Complete Beginners - 20 Minute Home Yoga Workout!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7AYKMP6rOE

Posted on: 3/1 17:03

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
It's so interesting that such a short workout could be so beneficial. I still don't understand how it can be as effective as a longer one, but I'll add it to my usual routine and see what happens!

Posted on: 3/2 11:34
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
This kicked my butt way more than I expected. I did it with sprinting, and I lasted exactly four and a half minutes with two twenty-second breaks near the end... It was pretty fun, though. I'll try and get up to six minutes!

Posted on: 3/6 14:37

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
It is a nice workout that builds cardio.

Posted on: 3/6 17:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]