Temple of the Jedi Force : Happiness is all in your mind [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
s621847171_685487_6353.jpg

Do you know ?
That there steps to add movie quality realism to your own Jedi Photos?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
36 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 36

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Happiness is all in your mind
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters

Simple, profound truths are the realm of this Buddhist nun. Her message? The gift of happiness truly lies within our own hearts and minds. Gen Kelsang Nyema, exuding a peacefulness that immediately connects with the audience, starts by asking three questions: Are you having a good day? Why? Tomorrow, would you rather have a good day or a bad day? She teaches that we cannot put our happiness at the whim of other people and of circumstances. If we want to be happy, we have to "stop outsourcing our happiness to other people" and cultivate a source of inner peace. What happens next is quite astounding. The whole crowd of 350+ people proceeds to meditate with Nyema. There's a little squirming at first, but as she leads the audience through a calm citation of how to rest the mind, audience members feel a collective relaxation flow into the room and through the people. Fascinating! Refreshing.

"Happiness and unhappiness are states of mind.
Therefore their real causes cannot be found outside the mind.
So if we have a peaceful state of mind, we will be happy regardless of people and circumstances, if our mind is non peaceful or agitated then even if we have good circumstances, we'll find it impossible to be happy."

Posted on: 6/13 12:31

Re: Happiness is all in your mind
Apprentice
From Austin, Texas
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Jedi Sentinel
Apprentice
I love this! It is so true! Every week, I try to reset everything by posting what I am happy about and grateful for. It's a Friday tradition.

Posted on: 6/13 19:05

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Good for you. Thoughts create things.

Posted on: 6/14 12:41

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Aye. Important lesson to learn. Incredibly hard to follow!
Society and people in it wire us into defining our everything according to everyone else, and that from a young age. Most of our wiring we aren't even aware of, and even after we become aware of how we are products of society, it keeps exposing us to mind-altering and affective things that thugs at us to keep us hooked in.

I think the same notion that applies to weight loss also applies here; "You didn't gain it all in a day, it's not gonna take a day dropping it."

Dropping it like it's hot sounds tempting, but likely, it takes time to really learn how to detect, understand and combat these tendencies. To learn how to be free in our own skin, having our own mind defining what is and what isn't. But I definitely agree that it's worth doing, and that it's quite possible to do! Our minds have incredible power. We can feel physical symptoms of illness, brought on by nothing physical at all, rather mental and emotional pain. We can also heal many conditions by nothing more than the power of our minds. And ultimately, our focus determines our reality. Whether we walk on rose petals or crap, that's all up to us.

Posted on: 6/14 18:23
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]