Temple of the Jedi Force : Do you know where you will spend eternity? [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Left Knee Progress 1

Do you know ?
That there is a list of Teachings and Guidelines for Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
54 user(s) are online (6 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 1
Guests: 53

Octagon, more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Do you know where you will spend eternity?

Group:
Registered Users
Where do you think you would spend eternity, if God forbid, you were to die later today?

I am not sending this to you to preach religion. I am asking you if you were standing before a Holy God do you think that He would have an issue with your sin if you were standing in front of a Holy God?

Because that is exactly what the Bible tells us. That a Holy God can not be in the presence of sin. So every human being that has ever lived has had the exact same problem. This sin problem. But do you also know that Jesus Christ offers all of us a free gift, the forgiveness of sin. And faith and belief is all God wants from you. So, do you believe that Jesus was the Son of God who came to earth and lived a perfect life? Do you know that God will accept Christ's perfect life and let Christ be your Advocate, so on Judgement Day God doesn't look at all the bad stuff you've done. Instead, God will look at His perfect Son when He see's you. Because Jesus and His perfection literally stand in our place.

There really is little difference between you and I, I am a sinner too. But I have accepted Christ's free gift of salvation and I know that I will be with God in eternity. I sincerely hope that this has helped you and I do apologize for being so forward, but I have to share this with you because I'm sure neither of us gets free gifts often. At this point, I would recommend for you a good Bible-based church that can answer any questions you have and will surround you with like-minded believers. Just Google bible church in your local area. God bless you!"

Rom 3:23 :
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Now that you know that no one is good in God's eyes, how do we then become good? How do we become vindicated before God? The Bible teaches that we need to have Jesus' righteousness but the only way to do that is to come to Him by faith:

Rom 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Jesus commands everyone everywhere to repent of their sins, to ask for His forgiveness, and to turn from their sins and to put their faith and trust in Him. Repenting means that you are sincerely sorry for all the bad things you have done in life and you want Jesus to change you into his holiness and righteousness.

Posted on: 7/2 16:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Do you know where you will spend eternity?
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Good thoughts and one that can give Jedi a lot to think about. There are many articles on the web about how Jedi have found balance and harmony with different religious views. And it could be a large topic all on it's own.

There have been Christian Jedi and Christian Jedi Masters on this site as well as well during the early years. Some see the Force as another name for God and have found peace in that belief.

Before the split with TOTJO this was one of the symbols we sometimes used. Which stood for the unity of all in the Force. Stepping away from the notion of separation and towards the notion of unity.

So may the Force guide you and God continue to bless you.

Attach file:

jpg  oneness.jpg (28.35 KB)
682_595bca57f2f8c.jpg 512X486 px

Posted on: 7/4 11:05

Re: Do you know where you will spend eternity?
Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Honestly, I can understand why some would worry about a potential afterlife, but that's not for me. I exist in the here and now, in the situation I am currently at. Whatever comes, will come and I will deal accordingly and with the issue at hand. If nothing happens, cool. If I go to heaven, cool. If I go to hell, cool. If I go to Valhalla, cool. If I go to some place where the currency is rainbows and people live on ships sailing the clouds, cool.

And so on, you can pretty much send me anywhere, I'll deal with that and move on in whatever fashion seems reasonable at the time. If I get any kind of choice, if not then that's cool too. Whatever comes, will come. I accept all potential outcomes, hence I've got nothing to worry about.

There's enough lessons and challenges in life, too many of them to worry about a potential afterlife, for me. But each to their own, and that's quite alright.

Posted on: 7/4 15:47
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]