Temple of the Jedi Force : Why We Only Learn When We Repeat [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Beam of LIGHT

Do you know ?
What is the 2nd teaching for all Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (6 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Why We Only Learn When We Repeat
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
A good video on how repetition helps us. In religion as well as martial arts, music, and any skill or abilities we want to make a part of us, repetition plays a key part in making something a part of us.

Makes me wonder what type of person I would become if I recited the Jedi Code everyday three times a day.

Our education system is based on the idea that we can learn things once, and that they’ll then stay in our minds throughout our lives. That’s far too optimistic. Our brains are like sieves. If anything is going to remain in them, we need regular reminders of what really matters. Fascinatingly, religions always understood that.

Posted on: 7/14 8:00

Re: Why We Only Learn When We Repeat
Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Oh, I can't agree more. The universe knows, I need my lessons smashed across the back of my head at least twice a year to remain mindful and taking care of myself in a proper manner. Repetition really is key to most things, but particularly important in this case since what we're often struggling against is decades worth of programmed habits, reinforced learning. We wanna empty that proverbial cup, it requires the same amount of effort getting it out, as it took getting it in. No easy feat, that. But worth doing! Nobody wanna be slaves of old programming, when we have the power to make new, improved programming that serves us and those around us far better.

Posted on: 7/17 4:46
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]