Temple of the Jedi Force : Bushido = Mindfulness [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Master Arigorn Skywalker  angle 3

Do you know ?
What the 13th teaching of the Jedi is?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 1
Guests: 54

CainIsmene, more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bushido = Mindfulness
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
"In the midst of a single breath, where perversity cannot be held, is the way of the Samurai."
"Hagakure," -- Yamamoto Tsunetomo (quoting Lord Sanenori).

Published on May 17, 2011
This is the scene where the two Samurai discuss Bushido, the night mares and legacies of being a solider / warrior, and the Buddhist influence of life. The new Samurai is Captain Nathan Algren whilst the original Samurai is Lord Moritsugu Katsumoto.

There is a strong message in this scene. We must find life in every breath we take, in every cup of tea. Every moment we are alive is blessed. This is heaven, right here, right now, while we breath.

Posted on: 7/23 11:24

Re: Bushido = Mindfulness
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Interesting statement that every warrior has done something that gives them nightmares. While this is true for everyone on this planet is fighting something. The solution of finding peace from such turmoil of spirit is simple mindfulness. Finding focus on the present and finding peace and joy in the here and now.

Obsession:
Two traveling monks reached a river where they met a young woman. Wary of the current, she asked if they could carry her across. One of the monks hesitated, but the other quickly picked her up onto his shoulders, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other bank. She thanked him and departed.

As the monks continued on their way, the one was brooding and preoccupied. Unable to hold his silence, he spoke out. "Brother, our spiritual training teaches us to avoid any contact with women, but you picked that one up on your shoulders and carried her!"

"Brother," the second monk replied, "I set her down on the other side, while you are still carrying her."
-----------------------------------------

This story is about doing something unforgivable in our past and not letting go of it.

The one monk continues to dwell on past deeds. The other monk is practicing mindfulness and has left what happened in the past behind him. He is focused on the here and now. His focus determines his reality.

Why spend time dwelling on the darkness in the past when there is so much beauty to be seen in the here and now?

Attach file:

jpg  rokkakudo_temple_kyoto-600x398.jpg (119.71 KB)
682_5974dfee61903.jpg 600X398 px

jpg  _absolutely_free_photos_original_photos_meditation-by-the-lake-3872x2592_12384.jpg (1,991.67 KB)
682_5974e02947c3a.jpg 3872X2592 px

Posted on: 7/23 11:34

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Interesting Post and familiar with all of it. The Book Hagakure I have pondered over several times. It has brilliant teachings and an acceptance to a way of life if you so choose it.

I was told I could not follow the path of Bushido as I was not Japanese did not serve an Emperor and nor of the Samurai class.

I took little notice as The Way will guide you if you let it. Embracing the Art of Peace leaving no stone unturned seek and practice compassion in all forms.

The nightmare exist as there is damage to the Hippocamus one has to learn to find a new storage point and lay to rest ones demons there.

Posted on: 7/24 22:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Thanks for the input. Mindfulness puts us in a state of constant rebirth as we experience everything in the world as if for the first time.

Our thoughts and experiences are recorded in our DNA and expressed by our bodies. As we heal, the spirit, so is the mind healed and then the body. We are reflections of our core thoughts and beliefs.

The Force reflects who we are in the moment to the world around us. It's an interesting experience and I've been reminded that meditation, following a code, mindfulness, and everyone, every cherry blossom being perfect, each in their own way, are all parts of the same whole.

Posted on: 7/25 10:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]