Temple of the Jedi Force : What single line of the Jedi code has had the greatest impact on your life? [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
My Forge Touchmark punches

Do you know ?
That you can submit questions (and answers) to this FAQ system?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (19 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

What single line of the Jedi code has had the greatest impact on your life?
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Like the title says. Would be interested in comments on this. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 8/9 12:01

Re: What single line of the Jedi code has had the greatest impact on your life?
Knight
From Hungary
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
Knight Marshall
Initiates
Wow, it's such a good question and hard to pick because all of them affected me, not sure if more or less but surely in different ways.

"There is no Emotion, there is Peace" maybe. That was the first line I've ever read and for some reason, I didn't think about how it means denying our emotions. However, a lot of people, much in the Jedi Community gets this meaning but I think that's not what is for, and anyway, not everything should be taken literally. I'm a particularly emotional person and since being an empath, I cannot ignore anything which relate to emotions. I think it's rather that the parts in the Jedi Code lines after "there is no..." relate to the illusions or the details of the large pic and the ones after "there is" relate to the bigger picture, and that's so simple. For me it doesn't sound like denying or pushing away, rather like being illuminated. I don't even necessarily agree with that only reason can make good decisions and feelings not. It's good if you're in touch with your feelings, especially with your gut feelings and intuition, and they often come as emotional responses. It's only that the drama - which is an ego's way to avoid handling the exact feeling so it twists into something else - that should be avoided, and this line, interpreted in the good way, helps me to ground myself everytime I need it.

Posted on: 8/9 22:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Apprentice
From Buchtel, Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
I would have to say that it is probably either the line "Emotion, yet Peace," or "Chaos, yet Harmony." This is because I use them both as mantras to help calm and focus my mind during times of stress. I use "Emotion, yet Peace," when I am having issues with anger or frustraton (more internal). And "Chaos, yet Harmony," when I am feeling overwhelmed by the people/events around me; such as when things get especially crazy at work (like today).

Posted on: 8/16 20:35

A moment of patience in a moment of anger will save you a thousand moments of regret.

To an enlightened mind any story holds a lesson, true or not.

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Greetings

No Death there is Ki the Force

It depends on how you view death. I dont always see it as an end to life as such it have many meanings we are surrounded by it everyday. It is circle of energy. When we breath in we give life to our internal body when be breathe out it is the death of that breath but in turn it gives life to plants and do for us in return. The death of a tree gives fire wood flame is life giving. The end is just a new beginning some things just change

My line..I am everything nothing and all this is in between I am Ki :)

Posted on: 8/17 0:19

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
"Emotion; yet peace" is my favorite line, too. When I was just starting out, it was the only line I could remember, and whenever I'm facing something challenging, it's the first line to come into action.

Very similar to what Sinistra said, I believe it means showing and experiencing peace in the presence of emotion. The storm may be swirling all around you, but it doesn't consume you and take over; you can still maintain inter stillness.

Nice question, Master O.

Posted on: 8/17 16:46
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice to: Nira

Apprentice
From CO
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
There is not Chaos, there is Harmony is my main one. Puts the everything for a reason into perspective, but some things are hard to get there, so...

There is no Emotion, there is Peace. I've had many days, where I have to take a moment and fall into this with a deep breath, and find my peace. Some times are more trying than others, but I can usually get to my peace

Posted on: 8/23 21:31

Apprenticed to Master Nemo

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
It's great to see how one line of code can change our lives. Thanks for your replies.

Posted on: 8/24 10:21

Group:
Registered Users
I'm a strong proponent of the "Yet" version of the code, rather than the traditional. Though the traditional certainly has it's place, I find it is often abused when it comes to the interpretation. The "Yet" version, however, lends itself more towards an overall balanced version of each line. As such for me, I would say that entire version has had a good impact on my life.

However, if I were to select just one, right now "Ignorance, yet Knowledge" would be doing the trick for me. I've recently started my final semester of university for my undergraduate program and even though I'll be graduating in December, I know there's still much for me to learn. Part of my current semester is an internship, and the one that I've accepted will be having me developing an entire marketing plan on my own. I know very little about developing marketing plans; my degree is in graphic design. But graphic designers very often end up in marketing positions, so this is probably one of the best opportunities I could have been given. It'll be an amazing learning experience for me.

We're always, through our entire lives, students, no matter how much we happen to know about something.

Posted on: 8/24 18:42

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Well said, avalonslight.

Posted on: 8/25 21:48

Knight
From Alexandria, VA
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Consular
If I had to pick one part above the others, it would probably be "There is no death, there is The Force."
I've been witness to the passing on of several of my friends and family over the course of my life, and each one has effected me, and in some cases I felt it broke me. Mortality is one of the hardest things anyone has to face, their own or someone else's. That being said, this line helped me make peace with my sense of loss. As Yoda put it: "luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." And "mourn them do not, miss them do not. Rejoice for those who have returned to the Force."
Knowing they are still with me, knowing some part of them continues after their physical form ends, it helps me shoulder the weight of that grief, and eventually, accept it.

Posted on: 9/17 15:28

Apprentice: Jorge Paez

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.