Temple of the Jedi Force : Jedi Sextant: Reject Information/Honor Your Master [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
My meditation balcony.

Do you know ?
What the 16th teaching of the Jedi is?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (14 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 58

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jedi Sextant: Reject Information/Honor Your Master
Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Alright, for those of you that are just being introduced to this- this is a meditation game I developed a few years back and have recently tweaked. It is based on the Jedi Behaviors, with mirroring cards. There are positive versions of every card, and negative versions- but they are not necessarily all bad. Sometimes by contemplating the negative cards we can find positive things about them, and when we contemplate positive cards we can find negative things about them. The goal is to find a way to link the cards together so that they teach you something. At the gathering next year, I plan on having a night where we break up into teams and play this game. So I figured I'd post a card set every so often to help people understand how to play. :)

Now here's an interesting set!

There is often a belief that if someone does not follow what they preach, that what is being preached is not worth pursuing. This ideology definitely played a role in my leaving Christianity behind when I was 13. I couldn't find anyone that I felt actually lived up to the Christian path at the time. As some of you may know- I did find people here at Force Academy that were able to help me find a model of what Christianity should be- and even broke free of the belief that I had to look at others to determine the validity of a teaching.

I had to reject my experiences with other Christians (a form of "rejecting information"), in order to find the value in my mentor's (master, in this particular case a pastor) teachings on what Christianity is. In this way, I could honor my Christian Mentors (masters, as the reflection goes in the card). Even if they did not honor the teachings, it is a way to say that the teachings DO have value. But that doesn't mean I have to refer people to them. Which fits into another card I could have easily drawn: Disregard Your Master.

If you apply this to other philosophical beliefs, or even to things like obeying safety guidelines, it can help you better understand the value or disvalue of what you are being taught. Sometimes, to be fair, what we learn or are told to do is non-sense. I certainly experienced a great deal of that from officers in the Army! :D

TL;DR: Judge something on it's own merit, not by the merit of the person teaching you. :)

So what about you? How can you link these two cards together, either as the negative understanding of the cards or their positive notions?

Posted on: 8/22 11:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Jedi Sextant: Reject Information/Honor Your Master
Apprentice
From Buchtel, Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
At first glance this soounds like an exercise that Master Ace recently had me do: Good/Bad/Neutral. It is meant to highlight how we observe things in either positive or negative ways, when things are really neutral. It is our perception that colors things good or bad.

Posted on: 8/22 18:31

A moment of patience in a moment of anger will save you a thousand moments of regret.

To an enlightened mind any story holds a lesson, true or not.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]