Temple of the Jedi Force : Therrien Xavier's Initiate Journal [Message Boards - Jedi Initiate Resources (Explore here first)]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
San Giorgio training area in Italy

Do you know ?
Is there an Oath or Pledge involved in becoming a Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (7 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Therrien Xavier's Initiate Journal
Apprentice
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Entry #6

The 13 Vows of the Jedi as Interpreted by Therrien Xavier

The Vow of Respect:

A Jedi must possess the deepest respect for all things, living and inanimate. As a servant of life a Jedi must possess the deepest respect for all things, themselves included. Respect enables a Jedi to deal with both life and people in a fair and honest manner, which strengthens the bonds between people and fosters peace and tranquility.

A Jedi should respect everything, even the property of others, never should we go out into the world and cause chaos by the destruction of life and property. Speaking of property it is wise not to destroy others stuff because well its being disrespectful of the laws set in place if we do these things. We must treat people with respect if we are expecting respect in return to get you have to give.

The Vow of Humility:

A Jedi is no better or more important than anyone else. A Jedi must always be mindful of their attitudes and self-image that they do not become boastful or prideful in either their abilities or beliefs. Humility enables the Jedi to approach others and life in a receptive manner and allows a Jedi to accomplish their goals unobtrusively. The humble person is easier to accept and far less threatening than the braggart.

Along with the Vow of Respect, we take on the Vow of Humility in being humble about ones and others downfalls or lack of knowledge or other areas of expertise. We should realize that we do "not" know everything there is to know and be humble in knowing that we do what we do with the tools that we have and should always give our %100 in all things that we do, being humble builds and shows character and is a reflection of who the Jedi are in spirit.

The Vow of Contemplation:

A Jedi must possess a clear mind and approach life and situations from an objective perspective. Emotion, while not bad, can influence the perceptions and judgment of a Jedi and care must be taken to ensure that the position of the Jedi is unbiased. To this end, meditation is a highly recommended practice that can both clear the mind as well as teaching patience. Meditation is a key in the life of the Jedi and it affords the Jedi the opportunity to commune with the Force and leads them to a greater self-understanding.

A Jedi should contemplate every action before action is taken, we must decide if these actions that we carry out is for the betterment of life everywhere as we are also in the public eye and stand as a symbol for all that is right and just. We are public middlemen and women who should never take sides but seek to resolve both sides and to come out on the same page by seeking solutions through peaceful means.

The Vow of Possession:

Possession is not forbidden to the Jedi and neither is it discouraged. A Jedi must guard against greed and avarice, however. Ownership of things such as a home, clothing, food, and even the luxuries and conveniences of life is encouraged among the Jedi and possession grounds the Jedi in physical reality.

a Jedi though not forbidden to have possessions needs to be clear that their possessions are of their own accord. We may own something but we should not be overly attached to that something, we should train ourselves to let go of things that we fear to lose, so too is it with the people in our lives, we must be quick to appreciate but slow to love but when we do love we must give it our %100 and expect nothing in return, expectations are possessions of the mind and so in dissolving expectations so to do we dissolve another mindset that keeps us enslaved. We must remember that just because we may be close to someone, we do not own that someone and we should let everyone live life the way they want and give guidance when asked.

The Vow of Moderation:

Balance is key to the life of the Jedi and moderation in all things contributes to this balance. Too little of a thing can lead to deprivation and covetousness. And yet too much can lead to greed and waste. A Jedi must strive to attain only what they need and desire within the bounds of reason. Too little or too much of a thing can be equally destructive and both leach at the peace and contentment of the Jedi.

Through balance/Moderation, we move closer to perfection, though we acknowledge that we will never be perfect it is a worthy goal worth working toward. Overindulgence in anything can be unhealthy to mind and body and thus we must seek to maintain balance in our diet and our lives. The body is the physical temple of the Jedi and so we must take great care in maintaining ourselves if we want to be all that we can be with the Force.

The Vow of Attachment:

Attachment is vital to the life of the Jedi. The Jedi must know life and be intrinsically tied to it in order to better serve the will of the Force. Jedi must possess ties to the people around them and are encouraged to love. Love is a strong connection to the basis of humanity and can serve as a strong foundation of strength and encouragement when a Jedi needs them most.

Attachment leads to greed but if we look at attachment with compassion and understanding rather than physical or mental attachment we can see that we can be close to others and things as long as we keep our distance and respect the boundaries in place. We see so much materialism in the world and people tend to be materialistic because of their upbringing but what the fail to realize is the true nature of life and that they can be happy without anything. This is done through meditation and contemplation on the beauty of life around us.

The Vow of Industry:

A Jedi must not be idle. Laziness, procrastination, and indecision are all pathways to the dark side. Not through action but rather an inaction, this can be equally destructive. A Jedi is endowed with talents and gifts that are intended for the betterment of the Jedi and the world that surrounds them.

Upon writing in this journal on more than one occasion today I have taken into personal action my own decisions to be non-idle. I work hard and meditate equally on these subjects that I write about so that I may have a clear understanding of the subjects before I write. It is through hard work, dedication, commitment, and progression that I and we as a community make things greater for not only ourselves but the world around us. We also can see chaos can be brought on by inaction and that sometimes when we fail to act that things may turn out for the worst.

The Vow of Restraint:

A Jedi must learn restraint and must strenuously practice it in all their dealings with others. As conscious conduits of the Force, the Jedi must restrain themselves in their dealings with others. As people, Jedi possess passions and opinions and the Jedi must take care not to force these views upon others. A Jedi must realize that their thoughts, feelings, and even intentions leave impressions upon the Force that echo outwards and touch the world and people that surround them. Above all, a Jedi must learn physical restraint. Conflict is a necessary and inevitable aspect of life and yet a Jedi must take care to minimize this conflict. Physical violence must be regarded as only a final and most desperate alternative when all attempts at reason and negotiation have failed.

Temperance we all have to learn temperance, we must be the water to the fire in all hostile situations, we must be cool like the water and replenishing and refreshing like the water if we are to avoid an overly dangerous situation. If we learn to temper the flame with the flowing waters of the Force via a cool, clear, and peaceful mind then all acts of physical violence should be unnecessary, however in the case that physical violence should erupt; never be the one to throw the first blow. Try to talk things out first with understanding, reasoning, compassion, and intellect.

The Vow of Defense:

A Jedi is sworn to defense: the defense of themselves, of others, and of ideas. A Jedi is not born to suffer or to sit idly by when others are threatened. The mandate of the Jedi is to defend those that cannot defend themselves and to protect the sanctity of life even, if necessary, at the expense of their own.

We must always and above all protect those around us by any means, however, we must make violence the least of all options and look for more clear and concise solutions to a dangerous situation. We should value all life but we should put our lives on the line if need be, dying for one or many others is a noble and honorable way to go. However it is best to try to find a way to preserve all life first and then to preserve your own at all cost but do not fear death because it is a natural part of life.

The Vow of Chastity:

A Jedi must avoid the temptations and destruction of the flesh, which can cloud the mind and pollute the soul. This refers to the random propagation and unchecked desires of the human animal which, when left to its own designs, can erode the purest of hearts and obliterate the noblest of creatures. The bonds of deep affection between people are not discouraged as they are physical ties that reinforce the connections between the Jedi and their loved ones and between the Jedi and their own mortality.

Temptations of the flesh like sexual temptations should be avoided at all costs unless it is with your spouse, which then we can celebrate in the waters of the Force but to go around and act like a street worker (Nice way of putting it) is quite another thing. We as Jedi must keep the Jing energy in balance and be careful not to spill the seed too often or our bodies suffer for it. We lose our connection with the Force when the waters are spilled to often. By vowing to preserve this energy so too does the body replenish its natural connection with the Force and our bodies and mind remain unpolluted.

The Vow of Obedience:

A Jedi is to be obedient. We are obedient to the laws under which they live, the customs under which they are raised, and to the conscience that directs and steers a Jedi’s thoughts and actions. Furthermore, a Jedi is to obey their instincts and intuitions. For these are a Jedi’s clearest indicators of the will of the Force.

Yes, a Jedi must strive to obey the laws of the land at all cost, but at the same time, a Jedi must do whats right even if that means we may have to overstep our boundaries to ensure the right thing is done. However, this should not be taken lightly as Jedi are not vigilantes but the laws that govern our intuitions and consciousness, as well as spirit, are far higher than the laws of the land. We must remember to always respect the law but realize that there was a time where the law did not exist and only the natural law was in charge.

The Vow of Cleanliness:

A Jedi is to be clean in both body and mind. A clean body and the respect for one’s appearance is a clear indicator of one’s mind and the cleanliness of both allows a Jedi to be more receptive to the Force. A cluttered and contaminated vessel does not allow for the smooth transition and flow of its contents and, as such, it must be cleansed. A Jedi can be viewed in the same light... Through the care and maintenance of themselves, the Jedi prepare themselves to be conduits for the Force and enable themselves to be directed by its will.

A Jedi should always maintain themselves by any means possible a clean body is an outward image of how a person is in their mind. How can someone who takes little care of their own image care about anything else in life and have respect for anyone or anything? The cleanliness is a mirror to who we are in spirit and in mind. Like the old saying goes...Cleanliness is next to Godliness. and I say that being humble.

The Vow of Charity:

A Jedi must be giving of themselves. As servants of the Force, a Jedi must be willing to give of themselves, their time, and efforts. The Jedi are servants of life and cannot contribute to life without effort and dedication. The Jedi are encouraged to help when necessary, to supply when there is a need, and hope when there is none.

Yes, this is true, a Jedi should be a servant of all things big and small in the universe. We are caretakers of the sick or the meager we must be willing to give our utmost to others around us with all of our dedication and we must be of service to each other as well as the Force. A.L.I.P
All Life Is Precious, whether we agree with certain individuals or not or whether we like the individuals their life is just as precious as ours and we should seek to share in their grief and sorrows so that we may show them compassion and joy, caring and understanding.

Posted on: 10/9 19:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Apprentice
From USA
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
KM Observation
Hello Therrien and welcome! It's wonderful to see a new face.

I read through your interpretations and really enjoyed them, especially when you took the time to relate and apply the teachings to your own life.

Keep up the great work and remember that the initiate work is a journey all its own, and not a race. Looking forward to what you bring next.

Posted on: 10/10 11:44
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK

Apprentice to: Nira

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Very dedicated posting Therrien. Welcome to the temple.

Which videos did you have trouble with? What brought you here to study? What is your greatest strength and greatest weakness you wish to work on?

I continue to wish you the best on your journey in Jeddism.

Feel free to ask lots of questions and to message me or anyone with questions.

/bows

Posted on: 10/10 14:04

Apprentice
From Portland, Oregon
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Sentinel
I'm impressed with your work, Therrien. Well done your comprehensive and interpretive skills are a rare breed, I really enjoyed reading your posts

Posted on: 10/10 16:48
We are no different than the air we breathe, the ground we walk on, or the rivers we drink from.The Force is EVERYTHING. Whether we choose to accept it gracefully or ignore it, It cannot ignore us. Know this, and your path will become clear.

Apprentice
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Thank You Octagon, Actually, I was having trouble with the Joseph Campbell videos for some reason they are not playing at all. Don't know if the links are broken or what. Actually what brought me here was talking to Master Ace Venom a while ago he was telling me a little bit about TOTJF finally I became intrigued enough and found this place to be the perfect home for my studies, I feel that this place has a real sense of community and trust.

Posted on: 10/10 19:50

Apprentice
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Thank you very much Quetra it means a lot to hear meaningful words like yours speaking on my behalf. I only try to do the best I can and I know it may seem meager at most but I do really put my heart into my words.

Posted on: 10/10 19:52

Apprentice
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Thank you, Amara, your kind words touch my heart. I am glad to have touched your life in some way with my writing. However, all of these good comments I get makes me have to keep ego at bay, I want to do the best I can and I am trying to prove to myself that I can finish what I begin. However, it is for the service of others that I have chosen this path.

Posted on: 10/10 19:55

Knight
From Kent UK
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Jedi Guardian
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Greetings Teddy

Very good start my friend. Nothing wrong with ego as long as it is kept in balance with the will, Ki (the Force) mind and the self. One should not take the lead over the other they should be run like a well trained chariot racer :)

Service is one of my own vows in Jediism and outside of the temple in Martial Arts. I say this to all new comers now. Not to put anyone off but as a matter of fact and truth.If and when you find a set of values conducive to your way of life, you had better make sure you live up to them. This journey is not an easy ride nor is a quick one it is a lifetimes study.

Posted on: 10/10 22:29

Apprentice
Group:
Registered Users
Initiates
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Therrien Xavier on the additional lines of the code

There is no fear, there is courage.

For me fear is yet another mindset and a creation of the brain just like any and all emotions, senses, feelings.

I believe that if we gain control over our minds then things such as fear can be eliminated by realizing that they are only the minds creation and have no physicality to them. So if we can control the mind's creation of fear that means we can also boost the feeling of courage when facing adversity. It is simple like the old saying goes, mind over matter. Meaning we are acknowledging we can use the powers of our mind to overcome the physical. So we must manifest courage at all times so that we will not be afraid to face the unexpected when it arises.

There is no Foolishness, there is wisdom.

First before dissecting this line of the code lets look at how foolishness can be viewed. There is "Ignorance" which can lead us to have foolish thoughts, then there is "Action" that can lead us to make foolish actions. So looking at what this person just mentioned there are two sides of foolishness, "Mind", "Action". We are all guilty of having foolish thoughts in our minds at certain times but it's how we handle these thoughts that matter. We must look at the reason we are having these thoughts and if we can put a stop to the thought, if not we must physically remove ourselves from the situation that is giving us these thoughts before we go and decided to make foolish actions out of them. Right thinking + Right actions = Right Outcome.

The pre-Odan-Urr version of the Jedi Code:

Emotion, yet peace - We know that emotion is present at all times even when a time of silent contemplation, emotion is present always. Yet we acknowledge that emotion does not have true power of us and knowing this puts us in a peaceful state of peace and bliss.

Ignorance, yet knowledge - Ignorance does run amuck in the world, but it is the lack of knowledge or Gnosis that we are ignorant, we must contemplate this part of the code deeply when out in the everyday world as to keep a sane mind in an insane world.

Passion, yet serenity - Yes it's true that passion can be a tool of darkness if we let our passions become obsessions but we can also use the power of the light and passion, we can become better people by applying passion and drive to things that are good in the world like helping others or exercising for a healthy body and mind.

Chaos, yet harmony - This one falls sort of in the Ignorance, yet knowledge line. Chaos can mean anything that seems out of order or not under our control hints we I tend to view the world as have gone insane sometimes. In reality, I don't really view the people of the world as insane rather the I view the collective mind as the chaotic and insane side of reality. In a beehive, there are hundreds if not thousands of bees flying every which way and all seems chaotic, but underlying this madness is perfect order and harmony, worker bees going to and fro carrying out there duties within the community and building a beautiful Honeycomb that is geometrically perfect. This to me is an example of true Harmony.
We should view the rest of the world in this manner, despite all of the chaos, there is a harmonious beauty underlying it all.

Death, yet the Force - As I have previously noted in my journal, I do not believe that death is the end as everything has an opposite and it is a cycle that goes on and on. Death is just the doorway into the Force recycling it's energy to be placed into a new vessel to carry out its will.

Posted on: 10/14 11:03

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
This is looking very good, Therrien. Please be patient while the KM is looking over your journal, we'll try to get this done as quickly as possible. You have a lot of good thoughts, and what I've read so far has been a pleasant read.

In the meantime, while the KM is looking over your journal, put thought to which mentor you'd like, and don't hesitate to send him or her a PM. It's quite fine to start looking into this already now.

Be well,
Nira

Posted on: 10/15 4:46
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.