Temple of the Jedi Force : 2018 Annual Gathering [Message Boards - The Greater Jedi Community]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Jedi Knight John Kenobi

Do you know ?
that there is a training program to teach you the way of the Jedi?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
41 user(s) are online (10 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 41

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

2018 Annual Gathering
Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Sevierville, TN 37862

Dates:
21 June 2018 (Thursday)-
24 June 2018 (Sunday)

Price (includes meals and lodging):
$150/person
$100/children under 12
$75/person for individual night pass (includes meals for the day)
$50/person if you plan on staying off site and eating any meals with us
No pets

Payment should be sent through paypal at jedi_shaman@hotmail.com (Gabriel Calderon is handling the treasury this year). The location actually does have an incremental payment plan, so we are hoping that we can have everyone that wants to sign up pay by April to ensure we do not lose the site.

After you have secured your spot, please shoot me a message here or at Alethea.thompson@hotmail.com with your name and anyone accompanying you, if you’re driving and willing to carpool if someone is along your route, any food considerations (I eat in accordance with Kosher rules minus mixing milk and meat-so that is covered XD), and anything else you may think is important.

We’ve got some awesome things planned. In the past an itinerary has been written out- but I think this year to keep the advertisement from falling to the wayside, I’ll release information about our workshops incrementally. ^^ I’ll start this week when I have a computer and not typing on my phone XD.

Posted on: 10/21 10:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 2018 Annual Gathering
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Thank you for this information.

Posted on: 10/21 17:09

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
What better way to get to know someone, then by learning about how they see their path? This year, we want Jedi to focus more on using one of the listed documents/doctrines to support their beliefs as to how to react to different situations or ethical questions. So as you trickle in, join me at the table to discuss yours and others paths' philosophy.

Jedi Compass
Jedi Circle
21 Maxims
The 16 Teachings of the Jedi (there are two different versions taught- one at ToTJO and one at ToTJF)
The 13 Vows of the Jedi (Temple of the Jedi Force)
Jedi Behaviors (pulled from the Fiction)

The gatherings are not limited to Jedi, we've had non-Jedi attend in the past and welcome them equally. We want to have them participate in this discussion as well, and explain how their answers relate to their path. As such, we encourage them to use the code or doctrine which best represents them.

With that said, we have yet to compile scenarios and questions that can be explored. So if you have any you wish to submit for review- send them my way at alethea.thompson@hotmail.com . Keep them clean though, I'm not looking for anything that is highly polarizing (e.g. Modern Political issues). This is suppose to be a fun, yet beneficial experience.

Posted on: 10/24 8:03

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight

(NOTE: Apparently the Shadow do have a document I've been informed of ^^. It is called "Shadowness" by Pelar, so this will the document required by anyone representing the Shadow Aspect.)

Posted on: 10/24 12:04

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Knighting trials have been a part of the Jedi Gatherings for awhile now. Sometimes we want to have an opportunity to see if we match up to those we consider our peers. The Jedi Federation has taken up the role of doing in-person trials. If a Jedi passes the trials, then they will have recognition as a knight with the Jedi Federation, and our support in sponsoring offline Jedi Chapters. Of course, it's a two way street- it's like an interview, a Jedi can go through the trials and determine whether or not they are ready just as much as our board will review them.
This year, we're finally limiting how many candidates we will accept. Previously it was whomever applied, but after awhile we've found that having too many candidates is unmanageable- furthermore, we want to ensure that people are not set up for failure by just letting them come in. So if we have more than the allotted number, we'll vet those that apply and limit it to 4 candidates.
Over the course of Friday, during our down times, a candidate will undergo a labyrinth led by one of our present Jedi Mystics (Alethea Thompson and Gabriel Calderon). The Labyrinth was first developed for trials in 2012 and has evolved even past the 2014 “American Jedi” film. The next step will be to have a student go through a board. This has also evolved since the “American Jedi” film, and focuses more on areas of concern outlined in the document “The Jedi Compass” which was written by the Jedi Community in 2013- later expanded upon in a book published in 2015.
Finally, on Sunday, before we all depart, we will be holding a knighting ceremony for the candidates to be recognized as Jedi Knights by the Jedi Federation.
If you're interested in being a candidate, please contact myself at SetanaokoMGiva@hotmail.com or on Facebook so I can get you the questionnaire, as well as two people within the Jedi Community that can write a reference for your candidacy (both of which will be used to vet candidates). A sponsor (one of the two giving you a reference) for your candidacy must be in attendance to present you to the board. The deadline for your submission is 15 April 2018.
For more information about the basic Knighthood Standards for Jedi Federation, look here:
http://www.jedifederation.org/images/ ... /Knighthood-Standards.pdf

Posted on: 11/9 15:32

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters