Temple of the Jedi Force : 2018 Annual Gathering [Message Boards - The Greater Jedi Community]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Forge 1

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
Justice Saber

Friends and Family
Me.

Do you know ?
The Official Temple Doctrine

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
48 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 48

more...

New Members Welcome!
RobynBloss 2018/11/18
Gonzalo68A 2018/11/18
RosarioLin 2018/11/18
BrodieBagl 2018/11/17
JaydenDoll 2018/11/17
LukeFjt045 2018/11/17
IrisFurnel 2018/11/17
LilaCattan 2018/11/17
SherrillSo 2018/11/17
Mohammed81 2018/11/17

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: 2018 Annual Gathering
Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
^^

Well everyone I've figured out the specialty coffee I'm bringing!!! Of course, if you want to bring some of your own, I won't hold it against you. I'm still trying to figure out a name FOR the coffee..but I'll have something by the Gathering. I also have one more tea to craft, it doesn't have a name yet either XD.
I bet you're dying to know what comes next though, aren't you? Well Saturday (23 June 2018) we're going to have a field trip to the Smokey Mountain National Park. We'll have to carpool (Convoy anyone?! Maybe I should bring some signs that say "Convoy" on them for the car in the front and one in the rear XD, I always wanted to steal one of those signs from the Army...I'll need to create a couple I suppose....or...not... lol). The trip will be the majority of the day, and our close out for the day is going to be so exciting. I can't wait to tell you about THAT one, but I can't just yet. So let's just begin with the next release- what we're doing that morning after breakfast.
The first thing on the agenda in the Smokeys is Meditation at the Sinks. But not only that, if you want, this area is suppose to be amazing for swimming- HOWEVER, you do so at your own risk. There have been deaths due to the currents and serious injuries. So, if we have any lifeguards attending, please identify yourself to us. I know I've never been qualified. I can just pass a Coast Guard swimming test. :/ But that's for a vast ocean...not an area with waterfalls. Still the waterfalls are amazing, bring your camera. :D

Click to see original Image in a new window

To find out more about this gathering and how to reserve your spot (lots of openings :) still available), join Jedi Federation's Facebook page and go to the events section. I tried to make it a public event...but Facebook hates me :/

Posted on: 3/4 12:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Bet you're dying to know what comes after the Morning Meditation on that Saturday, right? Well there's lunch at Metcalf Bottoms, which we will be staying at for the remainder of our Field Trip. There will be two parts to the workshop for the afternoon:

First Half:

We're going to put my degree to some use, and I'll be teaching a class on Search and Rescue. Most people will expect that such a class is meant to teach you how to actually be a member of a SAR team. However this class aims to teach you about awareness, preparedness and team work. With some luck, I will be accompanied by a co-instructor that has quite a few years of experience in the field as a SAR leader.

Second Half (after a 30 minute snack break):

During the second half, we are going to have a practical exercise, where you will be asked to go on a short search of your own. Because I want to run one team at a time, the exercise won't be long. So don't worry about having to walk long distances. It'll be fun, and a great learning experience.

Click to see original Image in a new window

We will leave Metcalf Bottoms at 5 PM for the cabins where preparation for an awesome ceremony and dinner will begin. I'll tell you about that later though. For now, let's just keep you in suspense and just say- as much as I love the workshops I'll be personally running, no workshop excites me about this gathering more than THIS ceremony.

Posted on: 3/11 13:12

Edited by Octagon on 2018/3/11 23:08:46
Edited by Octagon on 2018/3/11 23:10:58

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
Hello again everyone!!!

So, we have been offered 2 scholarships to the Jedi Gathering. One of our supporters is offering to pay for two people to attend the Jedi Gathering, but only their fee to the gathering ($150), getting there will have to be on you. Still getting that initial payment up can be difficult, and we hope that two of you who really want to attend but can’t figure out how to pay the $150 will take advantage of this opportunity.

To get the scholarship, we are asking that you write a minimum of 1 page (double-spaced) on why you feel it would help you as a Jedi to attend the gathering. You can send your papers to JediFederation6@gmail.com

These are due by 1 May 2018.

Posted on: 3/19 9:16

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Nice of them to help out in such a way.

Posted on: 3/19 19:45

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
It is. ^^ We're very fortunate to have people that have the financial stability to help people learn from these awesome events and just haven an opportunity to fellowship with Jedi Offline. :)

Next Update ^^

Having to go in order of our itinerary has been HARD! But I finally get to tell you my favorite event of this whole gathering. For years Gabriel Calderon has been a leader in the Jedi Community, and runs the oldest offline order Chicago Jedi. As a family member of this community, it's only natural for many of us to want to join him in one of his greatest joys- marriage.

Gabe and I have worked for years to create ceremonies for our Jedi Mystic program. And of all the things we've created, the ceremony that gains the most influence from Star Wars is the wedding we crafted. Inspired by Luke and MaraJade's wedding in the fiction (thank you Kitsu Tails for pointing us in the right direction!!! ^^), we hope that you'll be excited to join Gabriel and J Rolla Calderon as they share the first Jedi Wedding Ceremony ever performed in this tradition.

(P.S. Don't worry about what you're wearing to this event. The only people that are expected to go all crazy with their attire are the people involved in the ceremony ;); also if you're thinking to bring gifts....Just remember that they are coming with a packed car from Chicago! They need room to get back home! XD)

I'll post food and the bare-bones schedule next week ^^

Posted on: 3/29 7:30

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
We will have a variety of cold drinks (including bottled water) available for every meal. If any of my attendee notices something in here they are allergic to, or think there might be an ingredient they are allergic to- LET ME KNOW so I can switch it out.

We will have a variety of cold drinks (including bottled water) available for every meal. If any of my attendee notices something in here they are allergic to, or think there might be an ingredient they are allergic to- LET ME KNOW so I can switch it out.

Thursday (21 June 2018)

Arrival-6:30
Navigation Cafe while we are greeting people coming in and talking Force Realist Philosophy with one another (navigating our beliefs and learning as we go, “Navigation”, get it? Okay, I thought it was clever… XD), we will be enjoying Nightsister Tea and a selection of finger desserts.

6:30-7:30
Dinner: Spaghetti…I know it’s a bland description, but I don’t know how to describe it- I’m not the one making this one. Apparently the sauce is amazing though. :D People who have had it just keep saying “Oh, it’s good.” :D

7:30-9:30
You can take this time to talk more with each other and get to know one another and settle into your bunk-space. There is something Gabe and I are looking into, so we might have another little surprise to fill in this time gap. We’ll see. ^^

9:30:
Your choice of Gabe’s Shamanic Journey or Ally’s Inner City Meditation.

Friday (22 June 2018)

Until 9:30
Breakfast: Grits, Biscuits & Turkey Sausage Gravy, Scrambled Eggs w/ cheese (unless someone that can cook a prettier egg than me wants to help out, then we can have some over-easy and/or fried…I just can’t do pretty eggs XD). If you’re still hungry, there will be an assortment of pastries, instant oatmeal, cereal and yogurts left over.

9:30-11:30
A Day of Efficiency with Sith Lord Khaos

11:30-12:30
Lunch: Sandwich Bar (create your own), Vegetable Platter, and Assorted Chips

1:00-3:00
The Podcasting Panel

4:00-6:00
Wealth Management

6:30-7:30
Dinner: Antebellum Inspired dinner with Collard Green stuffed Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes (REAL mashed potatoes, none of that instant non-sense XD) and Peas with Pearl Onions.

7:30-9:30
After Dinner Dessert & Jedi Sextant: The Navigation Cafe opens once again, this time to play our rounds of the Jedi Sextant and enjoy the discovery of our thought processes once more! This time, however, we will be having Capriole Tea and a selection of finger desserts.

Saturday (23 June 2018)

Until 8:30
Breakfast: Assorted of pastries, instant oatmeal, cereal, yogurts, and eggs & sausage/bacon for anyone that wants to cook their own.

8:45

Field Trip Departure for the Sinks in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park.

9:30
Morning Meditation at the Sinks

10:45
Leave the Sinks for Metcalf Bottoms Picnic Area, where we will spend the remainder of our Smokey Mountain’s Field Trip

11:00
Lunch: Sandwich Bar (create your own), a small assortment of picnic salads, Vegetable Platter and Watermelon (well as long as I can find a few! It IS the summer, there’s no telling when everyone wants one!!!)

12:00

SAR Workshops

3:00-3:30
Snack Time: since we’re having a slightly later dinner, and we had an earlier lunch. Snacks will include things like pretzels, small cookie packages and drinks.

3:30-4:45
SAR Exercise

5:00
Return to Cabins

7:30
Gabriel and Jay Calderon’s Jedi Wedding

8:30
Dinner: Shabu-Shabu. It’s a Japanese communal dish, look it up. It’s really awesome :D. Hope you guys can use chopsticks!!! It’s just not the same without them!!!

After Dinner Dessert: Finally we have the Celebration Cafe. This cafe opens in honor of both our wedded couple, and your journey here at the Jedi Gathering. Featuring a tea called “The Shaman’s Love” and a specialty coffee “Apple of His Eye”, served alongside Japanese-inspired parfaits. During this time, have fun with the people you have met this weekend, talk about things you learned, sign each other’s commemorative journals you got at the beginning of the gathering.

Sunday (24 June 2018)

Until 8:30
Breakfast: Assorted of pastries, instant oatmeal, cereal, yogurts, and eggs & sausage/bacon for anyone that wants to cook their own.

8:45
Knighting Ceremony for anyone that passed the Knighting Reviews.

9:00-10:00
Final Clean-ups and Farewells

Drive Home: If there are leftovers, like lunch meat and the like, we will be providing you with ziplocks so you can take some food on the road with you. Maybe stop at a nice outdoors location and enjoy the scenery of East TN on your way out, or in between states. :)

Posted on: 4/4 10:27

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
I can't believe it! Tomorrow I set out for East TN, to attend and host the largest Jedi Gathering to date!!!

We booked the whole place, and have a couple of attendees staying off site. I'm looking at 36 attendants! THIRTY-SIX!

I am so excited, but please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I cook for all of them! :D

Posted on: 6/20 15:59

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Thanks for the update and happy trails to you and your event.

Posted on: 6/23 22:29

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight
You can't hear everything, it was filmed with a phone. :)

Wedding Part 1

Wedding Part 2

Posted on: 6/25 18:22

Ambassador
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Knight

Posted on: 6/28 7:54