Temple of the Jedi Force : Just Jedi registration: Need some info! [Message Boards - The Greater Jedi Community]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Random Views
Commemorative Lightsaber Progress

Do you know ?
That you can upload your own avatar?

Login to use Live Chat

Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 43

more...

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Just Jedi registration: Need some info!
Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
I am trying to get TOTJF listed in the Just Jedi forums amongst the other training forums, in their history and forums registry.

It does though require some info!
While I have heard some, I need help with the rest.

If people could answer, either here or in PM if it's awkward:

How did ToJF begin?
Why did it split with TotJO?

How is it run now?
What do we actually do here?

Technically, the two latter I can answer myself, but one person's thoughts wouldn't be very descriptive or objective, so whatever other thoughts you have, I'll write it all together to something that makes sense.

Thanks in advance, guys, for any help!

Posted on: 11/5 7:15
Trained under: Master Ace Venom
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)
* LoverofKnowledge (Leena)

Obi-Wan:(...) Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Just Jedi registration: Need some info!
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
How did TotJF begin?
TotJF started after TotJF and TotJO parted ways. Todd the owner of TotJF got to keep most of the database and forum posts history and Brother John the owner of TotJO got to keep the original name. Some people went to one others went to the other some did both for awhile.

How is it run now?
TotJF has a Council of three Masters who troubleshoot the site and help on committees when needed.

What do we actually do here?
Training and teaching the ways of the Force.

Posted on: 11/5 11:08

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
Did Todd relocate everything, as in was it on the TotJO page before and then got moved, or was it all here before brother John moved his part to the TotJO page? Sorry, I'm a noob at tech. ? Also, do you know more about what caused the parting?

A last thing, would you say TotJF is more religious/spiritual in nature, over TotJO?

The more detailed I can answer these things, the more likelihood of getting a mentioning on Just Jedi.

Posted on: 11/5 15:08
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Great you're learning about investigation. The general rule of investigation is people tend not to volunteer a lot of information. They will look at the question and make an assumption that usually gives a minimal response.

So basically detailed questions yield detailed answers. Perhaps we should add more research and investigative skillsets into the training. Especially since a master must be good at these things in order to progress in their training. Good topics your questions have brought up.

Did Todd relocate everything, as in was it on the TotJO page before and then got moved, or was it all here before brother John moved his part to the TotJO page?
There was a disagreement between Todd and Br. John I think part of the problem was Br. John was accused of instigating a lot of the drama that was going on at the time. The original site was shut down. Br. John created a TotJO forum on Yahoo. Later after some urging from his friends he bought a site and hired an admin to create and maintain a TotJO site. Todd created a temporary site then settled on this one and moved all the old forums, posts and general setup over here. So after the split two new sites were created. This site which is pretty much how the old site was but with 95% less drama and people and TotJO which expanded to include different disciplines and more Jediism factions.

Sorry, I'm a noob at tech. ? Also, do you know more about what caused the parting?
The original site was founded to be a religion and Br. John had applied for and received a religious tax exemption status. Br. John was able to make members ministers under his certifications, I forget exactly what they were at the moment, so members could actually legally marry and bury people. I do remember some members marrying people and maybe doing a funeral or two. I myself am an ordained minster through the spiritualist church I use to belong to a very long time ago but don't have any of the paperwork so I pretty much don't deal with that aspect of religion. As far as I know TotJO still does. The members who could that were here have moved on to other things. So TotJF is not officially recognized by any state as having church status but it could be done. No one seems interested in such things at the moment.

A last thing, would you say TotJF is more religious/spiritual in nature, over TotJO?
Difficult to say which is more religious or spiritual in nature as their source is basically the same. Br. John is an ordained minister and as far as I know has the documentation to prove it. I haven't really checked in on their religious doings even though I do visit from time to time. As their member come here sometimes also. Todd was the main admin at TotJO before the split and is into Buddhism. He basically lets of carry on the day to day postings on this site.

Feel free to visit TotJO and have a look around. Also feel free to search our forums for details about the split, as a Knight you should have access to most of what went on.

Posted on: 11/5 19:32

Knight
From Oslo
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Jedi Consular
Knight
Knight Marshall
Promotions Committee
With that, and what I managed to find in the FAQ and info section, I do believe I got what I need. Thank you kindly, Master Octagon :)

Posted on: 11/5 20:33
Current apprentice(s):
* Amara (Amy)

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Anytime Master Nira.

Posted on: 11/5 20:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.